Today I am sharing with you the BEST chocolate cupcakes ever! They are super soft, rich and topped with a lush buttercream frosting! You won’t believe how easy these chocolate cupcakes are to make.
My husband has claimed (on more than one occasion) that these are the BEST chocolate cupcakes he’s ever had. My friend brought them over a couple months ago and we literally both gasped! They were so soft and full of chocolate goodness, we couldn’t just stop at one! Since that day we’ve made this recipe about 3 times and plan to make it many more! And to tell you the truth I’m usually not a chocolate cake fan. I mean, I LOVE chocolate, but for some reason I’m just not a huge cake lover. These cupcakes definitely changed my mind! I’m telling you… they are that good! The secret ingredients are the pudding mix and sour cream! The flavor is fantastic.
Find the perfect buttercream frosting to go with these chocolate cupcakes HERE.
The best chocolate cupcakes ever!
- 15 ounce box devils food cake mix
- 5.9 ounces box instant chocolate pudding (dry)
- 1 1/4 cups chocolate chips
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 8 ounces sour cream
- Preheat oven to 325°. Line cupcake liners in 2 muffin pans.
- In a large bowl combine the cake mix and chocolate pudding. Add the chocolate chips in now (this will prevent them from sinking).
- Stir until combined. Next mix in the eggs, canola oil and water. Stir in the sour cream.
- Pour cake mix into the cupcake liners (about 3/4 the way full). Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes clean Do not overcook.
- Remove from oven and allow cupcakes to cool on a cooling rack. Wait to frost until cooled completely.
So let’s hear it… are you a chocolate cake lover?!
Looking for more cupcake recipes? You’ll love these too: