This copycat version of the popular Chick-fil-A sauce recipe is one that goes with everything! Made with a quick blend of just 5 simple ingredients, it’s so good you’ll be licking it off the spoon!
A dip that goes with everything
This homemade Chick-fil-A sauce is an irresistibly craveable combination of a creamy sauce with a sweet and tangy flavor and a hint of smokiness from the BBQ sauce.
There’s something special about a signature sauce that makes you wonder if it’s the meal that makes the sauce or is it the sauce that makes the meal? I’d say one just isn’t the same without the other!
This copycat Chick-fil-A sauce is right up there with homemade ranch dressing, honey mustard sauce, and fry sauce. Each one has such an amazing taste, perfect for dipping Chick-fil-A nuggets, baked chicken tenders, homemade french fries, and more.
What is Chick-fil-A sauce?
Chick-fil-A nugget sauce, if you have never had it, is one of those sauces that if it was socially acceptable to walk in and order just a tub of sauce to go, we’d all be doing it. It’s their famous sauce that goes along with their equally famous chicken.
The original is made with corn syrup, artificial coloring, and a whole bunch of ingredients no one can pronounce. Don’t get me wrong, it’s delicious, but if we can make the same thing at a fraction of the cost and using much simpler ingredients, you know I’m game!
What does it taste like?
You really have to try it to experience the magic to see for yourself. My best explanation would be that it’s a creamier version of honey mustard sauce. It has a hint of smoky BBQ and a bit of zing from the mustard. It’s loaded with flavor, that’s for sure!
Favorite ways to use it
- As a dip for homemade french fries, waffle fries, grilled sweet potatoes, baked chicken tenders, Chick-fil-A nuggets, and parmesan potato wedges.
- As a condiment on hamburgers, cheeseburger meatballs, turkey burgers, burger in a bowl, and lettuce wrap burger.
Keep stored in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
More homemade sauces:
Chick-fil-A Sauce Recipe
- Combine the mayo, BBQ sauce, mustard and honey in a small bowl.
- Whisk until combined and add salt and pepper to taste. Then refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Use as a dipping sauce with your favorite chicken nuggets, tenders or french fries.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!