Shredded Chicken Taco Salad with Chipotle Ranch Crema recipe from Tastes Better From Scratch, for I Heart Naptime.
Hey readers, my name is Lauren and I blog over at Tastes Better From Scratch, where I share simple, homemade recipes your whole family will love. Just like the name of my blog, I truly believe that everything really does taste better from scratch. And not only does it taste better, it’s usually less expensive and better for you too!
Taco salads are a go-to at our house because they’re so adaptable, depending on what you have on hand. I especially love this Shredded Chicken Taco Salad because it’s super easy to throw together and your slow cooker does all the work in cooking the chicken! You can find the recipe for easy Slow Cooker Chicken here. I honestly just top my salad with whatever fresh veggies I have in the fridge. If I don’t have black beans I’ll use pinto beans or red beans. And the chipotle ranch crema is amazing on top—but if you’re short on time you could add some salsa and regular ranch or sour cream.
Sometimes I’ll make my taco salad into more of a burrito bowl with a tortilla on the bottom, the shredded chicken, some cilantro-lime rice, and then the lettuce and vegetables. However, you choose to adapt your shredded chicken taco salad, it will be delicious! It’s perfect for picky kids, and I’m telling you the whole family will love it!
Huge THANKS to Taste Better From Scratch for sharing this yummy recipe during our Hello Summer Event! Click HERE to see more ideas from the event.
Shredded Chicken Taco Salad
- 2 pounds slow cooker shredded chicken
- 2-3 romaine hearts chopped (about 9 cups of chopped lettuce)
- 1 cucumber peeled and sliced
- 1 large red or yellow bell pepper diced
- 3 green onions chopped
- 2-3 roma tomatoes chopped
- 1 avocado peeled seeded and chopped
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can corn drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro for topping
- tortilla strips or crushed tortilla chips for topping
Chipotle Ranch Crema:
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Hidden Valley Ranch Mix
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Make the chipotle ranch cream by combining all ingredients and mixing until smooth. This can be made a few days in advance.
- For the tacos salads, place a big handful of lettuce in the bottom of each serving bowl. Top with a spoonful of black beans, corn, tomatoes, avocado, cucumber, green onions, and bell pepper. Add a big spoonful of shredded taco chicken. Top with some chopped cilantro and tortilla strips. Drizzle with chipotle ranch crema. Top with tortilla strips of crushed tortilla chips.