This chicken salad recipe is so flavorful and tastes amazing! Try it on a croissant, in a lettuce cup, spread on top of crackers or stuffed in a pita or tortilla.
Chicken Salad Sandwich
This is my all-time favorite recipe for chicken salad sandwiches. I don’t love when the mayo in the dressing is overpowering, so I’ve used a combination of both mayo and Greek yogurt to lighten it up a bit. The brown sugar in the dressing gives the chicken salad recipe a touch of sweetness and the dill adds the perfect fresh flavor. Don’t forget to add crisp, fresh grapes to give the chicken salad an extra crunch!
Chicken salad sandwiches are one of my favorite dishes to make for a bridal or baby shower. They are always a crowd-pleaser and have people going back for seconds! I’ve tried some that are boring and flavorless, but this recipe is far from that. The combination of textures and flavors are irresistible. My favorite way to eat this chicken salad recipe is on a croissant, but you can also stuff it in a tortilla or pita bread, place it in a lettuce cup or spread it on top of crackers for a yummy snack. Seriously mouth-watering!
How to Make Chicken Salad
This chicken salad is made with grapes, celery, cashews and a delicious homemade dressing. It comes together quickly and is perfect to bring to a get-together or to eat for lunch with family!
To make this a waldorf chicken salad, you can use walnuts instead of cashews and add in apples. Then serve in a lettuce cup. There are so many different ingredients you can add in or swap to personalize this chicken salad recipe!
Recipes to serve with this chicken salad recipe:
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 Tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons green onions chopped thin
- 1 Tablespoon light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons fresh dill minced
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken I use rotisserie, cooled
- 1 cup celery chopped
- 1 cup red grapes quartered (firm grapes work best)
- 1/4 cup cashews quartered, or slivered almonds
- 8 croissant rolls or lettuce cups
- In a large bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, yogurt and lemon juice. Stir in green onions, brown sugar, fresh dill, salt, garlic powder, and black pepper until combined.
- Next, stir in the chicken, celery, grapes and cashews until it is evenly coated. Store in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes or until ready to serve. Add more dill, salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the mixture onto the bread or lettuce cups.