Rice pilaf has to be hands down one of the best rices out there. It is super easy to make, so we usually end up making it several times a month. I had to go in for oral surgery earlier this week, so I was only able to eat soft foods. I ate ice cream for lunch and by dinner I was craving something salty. I had my husband make up a batch of this easy rice pilaf and it was perfect! I ate almost the whole bowl! This rice goes with just about anything too! Sometimes I’ll throw in carrots and peas as well. It’s the perfect side dish. :)
Easy Rice Pilaf
- 1/3 stick salted butter
- 1/4 cup onion (chopped fine)
- 1 cup Thai Jasmine long grain rice
- 15 oz chicken broth (1 can)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- S&P to taste
- In a pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Add in onions and cook until lightly browned.
- Next add in the minced garlic and cook for one minute. Pour in chicken broth and rice. Bring to a slight boil and then turn the heat to low.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook for 15-20 additional minutes, or until rice is tender. Fluff with a fork. S&P to taste and enjoy!
So have you tried rice pilaf? What’s your favorite rice?
Looking for more recipes with rice? You’ll love these: