Easy Mexican Rice -the perfect side dish for all your favorite Mexican recipes.
One of my favorite side dishes is Mexican rice. Whenever I eat out at a Mexican restaurant I always have to order a plate. Just pass me the bowl and spoon and I’m happy. Anyone else the same way? Well now you can make it in the comfort of your own home. :)
This rice recipe is full of flavor and easy to customize. If you like more spice add in a dash of cumin and some minced jalepenos.
Looking for more Mexican dishes? You’ll love these too:
Easy Mexican Rice
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 ½ cups long grain white rice
- ½ large yellow onion diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 14.5 ounces 14.5-ounce can petite diced tomatoes, with juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups water
- 2 cubes chicken bouillon
- 3 to 4 Tablespoons chopped cilantro optional
- Pour olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add rice and cook for about 10 minutes, then push rice to one side of the skillet. Add diced onions and cook 2 to 3 minutes and then stir in garlic and cook an additional minute. Combine onions and rice. Add diced tomatoes including juice to rice mixture. Add in water, salt and chicken bouillon cube, stir and bring to a boil. Once at a boil place lid on the pan and simmer for about 20 minutes, or until the rice has absorbed the liquid and is fluffy. Remove from heat and stir in fresh cilantro. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Enjoy with your favorite Mexican dish!