Soft and moist pumpkin bundt cake topped with a rich cream cheese frosting. This easy and delicious cake makes a great fall dessert!
This pumpkin spice bundt cake is so delicious and full of all my favorite fall flavors! Some of my other favorite fall desserts are pumpkin blondies, pumpkin whoopie pies with maple frosting, pumpkin chocolate chip cookies and a pumpkin cream cheese roll.
Pumpkin spice bundt cake
One of my family’s favorite fall traditions is to go to the pumpkin patch. I still remember going with my family as a little girl and it is one of my favorite memories. We always have so much fun picking out pumpkins and enjoying pumpkin donuts and apple cider.
And since fall is right around the corner, I was in the mood to do a little pumpkin baking. This pumpkin bundt cake was the first pumpkin dessert of the season. And I’m sure there will be many more, because I love pumpkin! YUM!
It’s super moist and soft, with delicious pumpkin spice flavor. Plus, it’s topped with a creamy and rich cream cheese frosting that makes the perfect compliment. Seriously amazing!
How to make pumpkin bundt cake
To get started, preheat the oven to 350°F and generously butter a bundt cake pan (make sure to get the creases). Then dust the pan with flour.
Step 1: Whisk together dry ingredients
In a bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, pumpkin spice and salt. I like to whisk my dry ingredients together (mainly because it’s easier than pulling out my sifter-ha), but you can always sift them too.
Step 2: Mix together wet ingredients
In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and vanilla until just combined. Then stir in pumpkin, vegetable oil and sour cream. Slowly add flour mixture to wet mixture and stir until just combined. Add chocolate chips if desired. Then pour the batter into the prepared bundt pan.
Step 3: Bake the pumpkin bundt cake
Bake cake in the oven for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Do not overcook. Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 10-15 minutes, then place the cooling rack on top of it and flip over. Let cool completely.
Step 4: Add topping if desired and serve
When ready to serve, feel free to enjoy plain or add cream cheese frosting or drizzle with salted caramel sauce.
Bundt cake toppings
There are many toppings that taste delicious with this pumpkin bundt cake recipe. My personal favorite is cream cheese frosting, but I’ve also used salted caramel sauce and maple frosting. All are absolutely delicious!
Mini pumpkin bundt cake
This pumpkin bundt cake recipe is also great for making mini pumpkin bundt cakes. Simply use a mini bundt cake pan and bake for about 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. The recipe will make 18 mini bundt cakes.
TIP: This ziplock bag trick will save you if making mini pumpkin bundt cakes! All you do is pour the batter in a ziplock bag and then cut of the tip. It makes it super easy to add the batter to the pans without making a huge mess. Trust me, I’ve been there!
More pumpkin desserts:
- Pumpkin Streusel Coffee Cake
- Soft Pumpkin Cookies with Caramel Frosting
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Lasagna
- Glazed Pumpkin Spice Scones
- Pumpkin Pie Crunch Cake
- Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting
Pumpkin Bundt Cake Recipe
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 Tablespoon pumpkin spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 15 ounce can pumpkin
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sour cream
Optional mix-in: 3/4 cup chocolate chips
Optional toppings: powdered sugar, cream cheese frosting, caramel sauce, chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a bundt cake pan very well in all the creases and then dust with flour.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking soda, pumpkin spice and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and vanilla until just combined. Then stir in pumpkin, vegetable oil and sour cream.
- Slowly add flour mixture to wet mixture and stir until just combined. Add chocolate chips if desired. Then pour the batter into the prepared bundt pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick comes clean. Don't let it overcook. Let the cake cool for 10-15 minutes in the pan and then place the cooling rack on top of it and flip over. Let cool completely.
- When ready to serve, enjoy plain, add cream cheese frosting or drizzle with salted caramel sauce.
- This recipe also makes 18 mini pumpkin bundt cakes. Bake for 18-20 minutes if using mini bundt cake pans.
- If using my cream cheese frosting recipe to top your pumpkin bundt cake, you will likely need to add a few more Tablespoons of milk or heavy cream so that it turns into a drippier frosting that will coat the bundt cake. I like to add a Tablespoon at a time until the desired consistency is met (usually about 1/4 cup total).
Are you a pumpkin lover? What’s your favorite fall tradition?