Breakfast pizza is a savory breakfast lover’s dream! It’s a complete breakfast on your table in under 30 minutes made with easy dough, eggs, sausage, and two kinds of melty cheese!
Easy Homemade Breakfast Pizza
If you love a good wholesome savory breakfast, this breakfast pizza recipe is for you!
We’re combining a love for pizza and high protein, salty, savory breakfast items into a slice of baked heaven. It’s loaded with scrambled eggs, crumbled pork sausage, and two kinds of cheese!
Gone are the days when pizza for breakfast means cold leftovers from last night’s dinner. A hot, fresh, cheesy sausage breakfast pizza is fast, easy, and ready in under 30 minutes.
It’s simple to make using a ready-made crescent roll dough just like my crescent roll pizza recipe. However, if you have a bit of extra time on the weekend, you might love making it with my homemade pizza dough recipe. I use it a ton when making sheet pan pizza and is always the perfect crust to hold up any toppings.
Why We Love Sausage Breakfast Pizza
- Versatile. Is it, breakfast for dinner or dinner for breakfast? You decide! Enjoying a slice of freshly baked pizza made from scratch on any weekday morning has never been more satisfying!
- Customizable. Keep it simple as we do with using just sausage, eggs, and cheese, or take it over the top with a bunch of fun creative toppings your whole family will love.
- Delicious. If you’re a bacon and eggs lover, a pizza lover, or love a salty, savory breakfast like this crescent roll breakfast casserole, this breakfast pizza has your name written all over it.
- Store-bought crescent dough: 2 tubes are enough to make a pizza crust large enough to fill a baking sheet. Like I said, making this homemade pizza dough recipe is always an option.
- Large eggs & water: Will be cooked separately before being added on top of the crust. The water helps to thin out the egg mixture.
- Salt & pepper: To taste!
- Olive oil: Used to cook the eggs.
- Breakfast sausage: Cook according to package directions. Everything needs to be cooked before adding them as toppings. The time spent in the oven is just to heat everything through and melt the cheese.
- Shredded cheese: I use freshly grated Monterey Jack cheese as well as cheddar cheese.
- Sliced green onions: The pop of green is always nice on a breakfast pizza. Green onions are a staple garnish on most menu items at our favorite breakfast joints!
- Hot sauce: An optional flavorful heat. Use any kind you like.
How to Make Breakfast Pizza
- Prepare the crust. Unroll both tubes of crescent roll dough and lay them onto the prepared baking sheet. If the dough overlaps a lot, feel free to trip strips off the end or tear off the last 2 squares of dough. Prick the dough with a fork, allowing steam to escape so that the dough doesn’t puff up too much. Bake it in the oven until lightly golden brown.
- Cook the eggs. Whisk the eggs and water together in a small bowl. Heat oil over medium heat in a nonstick skillet. Scramble the eggs until just thickened, and season with salt and pepper.
- Assemble the pizza. Spoon egg over the crust and sprinkle with cooked sausage crumble. Sprinkle with both kinds of cheese.
- Bake the sausage breakfast pizza. Transfer breakfast pizza to the oven to bake for about 5-7 minutes, until the cheese has melted. Top with green onions, drizzle with hot sauce and slice it into 16 squares. Enjoy!
- Pizza crescent rolls. Separate crescent dough and fill each one with eggs, sausage and cheese. Roll them up, bake them with the seams facing down, and turn them into stuffed pizza pinwheels!
- Breakfast meat: Instead of ground sausage, make these breakfast sausage meatballs for the top!
- Make it a vegetarian breakfast pizza and omit the meat altogether.
- If you’d rather your eggs, sunny side up, you can top your pizza with cheese and sausage then crack the eggs gently overtop the pizza. Bake until eggs are cooked and cheese is melted. The yolk will still be runny!
Other Toppings Ideas
Sausage breakfast pizza, like any pizza, is adaptable to what your family likes for toppings!
- Veggies: Add spinach, red or green bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, and even olives!
- Cheese: Mozzarella cheese is a classic pizza choice and would be great with eggs and sausage. Pepper jack cheese, feta cheese, goat’s cheese, or swiss cheese would all be amazing. A sprinkle of Parmesan cheese is great too.
- Protein: Swap the pork sausage with turkey sausage, or chicken sausage or use baked ham or bacon crumbles instead. You could also keep it as is and just use extra sausage!
- Fresh herbs: For a vibrant finish, along with the green onions, fresh herbs like parsley or chives would also be delish!
Not with this recipe, you can’t. We bake the dough first, and we cook the eggs first, so adding the sausage mixture uncooked wouldn’t allow for even baking. By the time the sausage was done cooking, everything else would be overdone.
If it’s for a quick breakfast on the go, a slice on its own is enough to satisfy! For a bigger sit-down breakfast or brunch, you might want to add a couple of sides like a refreshing honey lime fruit salad, a side of hash browns, or a basket of breakfast muffins. Wash it down with a delicious pineapple smoothie.
If you’re having a piece for lunch or dinner, a simple chopped salad would make it a complete meal.
There are parts to it that you can. Then assemble just before baking! Cook the sausage in a large skillet, drain any excess oil and store it covered in the refrigerator for up to 2 days ahead of time. You can also cook the eggs ahead of time and refrigerate them until you’re ready to assemble the pizza.
More Breakfast FavoritesBrowse all
Check out a few of my other favorite easy breakfast ideas.
Sausage Breakfast Pizza
- 2 (8-ounce) tubes crescent dough
- 8 large eggs
- 2 Tablespoons water
- ½ teaspoon salt , more to taste
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper , more to taste
- ½ Tablespoon olive oil
- ½ pound breakfast sausage , cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Sliced green onions
- Hot sauce , optional
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Spray a 15x10x1-inch pan with nonstick cooking spray. Unroll and press dough into the bottom and 1/2 inch up the sides of the pan. You may not need the last 2 squares of dough. Prick thoroughly with a fork. Bake 7 to 8 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and water. In a nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat and add eggs. Cook, stirring, just until thickened and no liquid egg remains. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon egg over crust and sprinkle evenly with sausage, Monterey Jack cheese, and cheddar cheese.
- Bake until cheese is melted, 5 to 7 minutes. Top with green onions and hot sauce, if using, to serve.
- Slice into 16 squares and serve while hot.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!