Simply made, this sheet pan pancakes recipe is made with busy mornings in mind. No more standing around flipping pancakes in batches. This one bowl, one sheet method leads to light and fluffy baked pancakes with a fraction of the effort!
Easy Baked Pancakes
Sheet pan pancakes are made for those days when you don’t have time to stand around flipping batches of pancakes and would rather be using the time to get the rest of breakfast in order. Or maybe pack some school lunches!
No more deciding who gets the first batch and no more having to keep some warm in the oven while you wait for the rest of them. All of the batter gets cooked at once, making it an even easier way to get the same light and fluffy pancakes we all love with a fraction of the effort!
Pancakes on a sheet pan use the same ingredients your everyday pancakes do. The measurements are a little different because you’re essentially making one giant pancake. Sliced into as big or as little pieces as you’d like, you can either keep it simple or load it up! A drizzle of maple syrup or buttermilk syrup and a simple pat of butter adds a nice finishing touch on a busy morning. For special occasions or a weekend brunch, add your favorite extras like blueberries or chocolate chips!
The best thing about a sheet pan pancake is that it reminds us that sheet pan dinners can include breakfast too. Breakfast for dinner has never been easier on days when you have no idea what to make for dinner or when you’re just craving a stack of delicious fluffy pancakes at the end of a busy day.
Can I Make these into Buttermilk Pancakes?
Once you’ve poured the batter into the sheet pan, think about what you want to bake into it! You could evenly distribute them or give each topping its own section that way everyone can have what they like. We especially love making chocolate chip pancakes!
- Sliced bananas
- Chocolate chips
- Sprinkles (a funfetti pancake for a birthday breakfast!)
Keep it healthy, keep it simple, or indulge a little!
- Almond butter
- Sliced fruit or fresh berries
- A pat of butter
- Salted caramel sauce
- Cinnamon pancake syrup
- Powdered sugar
- Apple pie filling
- Whipped cream
- Homemade maple syrup
- Buttermilk syrup
- Hot fudge
- Strawberry sauce
- This recipe will make 8 large slices, 12 regular slices or 16 small slices.
- Lining your sheet pan with parchment paper as well as greasing it will help with easy lifting of the pancakes to get nice clean slices.
- Use a butter knife or pizza cutter for slicing.
- Do not overmix the batter. You want it to remain light and fluffy.
- Add a little brown butter to your pancakes for an exceptional depth of flavor and yummy nuttiness.
- Throw in a dash of pumpkin pie spice when the weather gets cooler for some delicious sheet pan pumpkin pancakes!
Storing & Reheating
Store pancakes in an airtight container or Ziploc bag in the fridge for up to 4 days or transfer to the freezer for up to 2 months.
To reheat, you can either thaw in the fridge overnight if you are planning ahead, or reheat from frozen. Pop them in the toaster for a crispier pancake or in the microwave for 20-second intervals for a softer texture.
More Baked Breakfast Recipes:
- Fluffy German Pancakes
- Make-Ahead Sausage and Egg Breakfast Casserole
- Baked Oatmeal
- Overnight French Toast Casserole
- Breakfast Pie
Sheet Pan Pancakes
- Half-Size Sheet Pan (18×13")
For serving: Fresh berries, butter, syrup
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Combine together the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a large bowl.
- Next whisk in the milk, vanilla and eggs. Then slowly whisk in the butter. Be careful not to over mix.
- Line a half-size baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with non stick spray. Pour the batter onto the baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes or until the edges are golden brown and a tooth pick comes clean.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes and then cut the pancakes into 12 slices using a butter knife.
- Serve while warm with your favorite toppings. Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- 1 to 2 cups Blueberries (or another berry)
- 1/2 to 1 cup chocolate chips