EASY Crockpot Lasagna – Delicious layers of noodles, meat sauce and melted cheese cooked to perfection in the crockpot! Only 10 minutes of prep, making this easy lasagna recipe great for busy weeknights. Sure to be a family favorite!
Not only is this slow cooker lasagna so easy to make, but it’s also always a huge hit. We love all types of Italian meals at our house and especially love pasta. Baked beef ravioli, cheesy baked ziti, homemade bolognese and creamy caprese pasta are also favorites of ours as well.
Easy lasagna recipe
This crockpot lasagna is SO easy and is a meal that my whole family loves. Now don’t get me wrong, it may not taste as authentic as a true classic Italian lasagna, but it’s perfect for those busy nights when you know you won’t have time to make dinner and want to throw something in the crockpot before the kids get home from school.
It only takes 10 minutes of prep and the slow cooker does the rest of the work! Sometimes we like to sneak in some vegetables with the meat mixture or we’ll serve it with green beans, corn, broccoli or a side salad. It also tastes amazing with a warm piece of french bread, too! So easy and absolutely delicious!
I love to use a mix of hamburger and Italian sausage when making this easy lasagna recipe because it gives great flavor, but you could definitely use one or the other. Usually I cook up 2 pounds of meat with the onions and then freeze half of it for later. That way, the next time I may this crock pot lasagna (or a baked ziti), I already have the meat cooked and ready to go.
When I’m putting in the lasagna noodles, I usually have to break off the corners so that they’ll fit nicely in the slow cooker. But don’t worry, no one will ever notice once the cheese is on top!
Do I have to cook the lasagna noodles first?
No! That’s one of the main things that makes this crockpot lasagna recipe so easy! You use uncooked lasagna noodles and layer them into the crockpot. The noodles will soften up perfectly as the crockpot lasagna cooks. Once the lasagna is done, they will be perfectly tender and have a great texture!
How long does it take to make crock pot lasagna?
This easy lasagna recipe takes about 4 to 5 hours to cook in the crockpot (on the low setting). You want the cheese on top to be nice and bubbly, and the noodles to be fork tender. I would keep an eye on it at about the 4 hour mark, so that it doesn’t overcook and dry out.
Mmm…look at all the bubbly cheese on top. SO delicious! Pure comfort food at it’s finest. Once the crockpot lasagna is cooked, I love to top it with fresh basil or parsley if I have any, but don’t stress if you don’t. It will still taste great!
Crockpot Lasagna Recipe
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground Italian sausage (could also use ground beef)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 24 ounce jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup water (divided)
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (divided)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg
- 9-12 lasagna noodles (uncooked)
Optional: Fresh basil for serving
- Spray the slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Brown the hamburger and Italian sausage in a pan over medium heat. Drain grease and then add Italian seasoning and onions. Cook until onions are soft and then stir in the sauce with 1/2 cup water. Let simmer for 5 minutes.
- While the sauce is simmering, mix together the ricotta cheese, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese and egg.
- Scoop about a cup of the sauce onto the bottom of the crock pot. Then top with 3 noodles (you may need to break some noodles to fit). Then spread about 1/3 of the cheese mixture. Repeat with 2 more layers, or until all the ingredients are used. Add 1/2 cup water around the sides.
- Sprinkle remaining cup of mozzarella cheese on top. Cook on low for 4-5 hours, or until noodles are tender. Top with fresh basil, if desired.