Gooey s’mores bars filled with a graham cracker crust and loaded with chocolate chips, marshmallows and chocolate candy bar pieces. The ultimate cookie bar recipe that is out of this world!
It’s not summer time without some sort of s’mores dessert. While I love the traditional campfire version, it’s also fun to make variations like these delicious s’mores bars, s’mores cookies or s’mores pie. All taste amazing with a scoop of ice cream or cold glass of milk!
Ooey gooey s’mores bars…does it get any better than that?! I think not! I experimented with my favorite chocolate chip cookie “congo” bar recipe over the weekend and created the most delicious s’mores bars! The graham cracker crust, chewy center and marshmallow top is out of this world! I hate to say it…but these are now my favorite over the beloved congo bars. These are the perfect treat for a summer BBQ or to share with a friend! Or hide the pan…I won’t judge. ;)
How to make s’mores bars
CRUST. Combine melted butter and graham cracker crumbs in a small bowl with a fork. Press crust down into a greased 9×13″ baking dish and set aside.
DOUGH. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Add in eggs and vanilla and stir until combined. In a separate bowl, mix the baking powder and salt with 1 cup of flour. Then pour flour mixture into the butter mixture and stir in the rest of the flour. Fold in chocolate chips and marshmallows.
ASSEMBLY. Press dough into pan with a spatula or flour on your hands. The dough goes right on top of the crust. Then add the candy bar, graham cracker and marshmallows on top.
BAKE. Bake at 325°F for 30-35 minutes, or until lightly browned. Oven temps will vary. Test with a tooth pick. The dough should be soft in the center.
- Line your baking dish with foil: It helps with easy removal and requires less clean up.
- Add extra toppings: Don’t forget to top your dough with extra marshmallows, candy pieces and graham crackers. It adds AMAZING flavor.
- Let cool before cutting: The bars continue to set as they cool and will be easier to cut.
- Store in an airtight container: Keep at room temp in an airtight container for about 3 days (or in the fridge for about 5 days).
- Wrap and freeze: You can also freeze them. Let cool, then wrap in foil and place in airtight container/bag. Store in freezer for 2-3 months.
More dessert bar recipes:
S'mores Bar Recipe
For the crust:
- 1/2 cup butter , melted
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
For the dough:
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2/3 cup salted butter , softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
For the topping:
- 1 milk chocolate candy bar , broken into pieces
- 1 graham cracker , broken into pieces
- 1/2 cup marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 325°F and line a 9x13" baking dish with foil. Spray with nonstick spray.
- Combine melted butter and graham cracker crumbs into a small bowl with a fork. Then press down crust in baking dish on top of foil.
- Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl. Add in eggs and vanilla and stir until combined. In a separate bowl, mix the baking powder and salt with 1 cup of flour. Pour flour mixture into the butter mixture and stir in the rest of the flour. Fold in chocolate chips and marshmallows.
- Press dough into pan with a spatula or flour on your hands. The dough goes right on top of the crust. Then add the candy bar pieces, graham cracker pieces and marshmallows on top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until lightly browned. Oven temps will vary. Test with a tooth pick. The dough should be soft in the center.
- Allow bars to cool and then enjoy with a scoop of ice cream or cold glass of milk!