Gooey s’mores bars filled with a graham cracker crust and loaded with chocolate chips, marshmallows and chocolate candy bar pieces. The ultimate cookie bar recipe that is out of this world!
If you’re a fan of chocolate chip cookie bars, you’re going to love this s’mores bar variation. It has similar flavor, yet is loaded with more goodies and tastes amazing. You’ll also love my peanut butter blondies, M&M cookie bars, Oreo cookie bars, sugar cookie bars and pizookie (aka cookie pizza).
S’mores cookie bars
Ooey gooey s’mores bars…does it get any better than that?! I think not! I experimented with my favorite cookie bar recipe over the weekend and created the most delicious chocolate chip cookie s’mores bars!
The graham cracker crust, chewy center and marshmallow top is out of this world! I hate to say it…but these are now my favorite over the beloved congo bars. These are the perfect treat for a summer BBQ or to share with a friend! Or hide the pan…I won’t judge. ;)
What’s in s’mores bars?
You’ll need the simple ingredients below to make these s’mores cookie bars.
- Graham cracker crumbs
- Brown sugar
- Baking powder
- Chocolate chips
- Milk chocolate candy bar
How to make s’mores bars
Scroll down for the printable s’mores bar recipe.
- Preheat oven. Preheat oven to 325°F and line a 9×13 baking dish with foil. Spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Make graham cracker crust. Combine melted butter and graham cracker crumbs in a small bowl with a fork. Press crust down into baking dish and set aside.
- Combine dough ingredients. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Add in eggs and vanilla and stir until combined. In a separate bowl, mix the baking powder and salt with 1 cup of flour. Then pour flour mixture into the butter mixture and stir in the rest of the flour. Fold in chocolate chips and marshmallows.
- Assemble dough in baking dish. Press dough into pan with a spatula or flour on your hands. The dough goes right on top of the crust. Then add the candy bar, graham cracker and marshmallows on top.
- Bake. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until lightly browned. Oven temps will vary. Test with a tooth pick. The dough should be soft in the center.
- Let cool, then enjoy! Allow s’mores bars to cool and then enjoy with a scoop of ice cream or cold glass of milk!
Quick tips for s’mores bars
- Line your baking dish with foil! It helps with easy removal and requires less clean up.
- Don’t forget to top your dough with extra marshmallows, candy pieces and graham crackers. It adds AMAZING flavor.
- Let cool completely before cutting. The s’mores bars continue to set as they cool and will be easier to cut.
- To store, keep at room temp in an airtight container for about 3 days (or in the fridge for about 5 days).
- You can also freeze these s’mores bars. Let cool, then wrap in foil and place in airtight container/bag. Store in freezer for 2-3 months.
Other favorite s’mores dessert recipes:
S'mores Bar Recipe
For the crust:
- 1/2 cup butter , melted
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
For the dough:
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2/3 cup salted butter , softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
For the topping:
- 1 milk chocolate candy bar , broken into pieces
- 1 graham cracker , broken into pieces
- 1/2 cup marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 325°F and line a 9x13 baking dish with foil. Spray with nonstick spray.
- Combine melted butter and graham cracker crumbs into a small bowl with a fork. Then press down crust in baking dish on top of foil.
- Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl. Add in eggs and vanilla and stir until combined. In a separate bowl, mix the baking powder and salt with 1 cup of flour. Pour flour mixture into the butter mixture and stir in the rest of the flour. Fold in chocolate chips and marshmallows.
- Press dough into pan with a spatula or flour on your hands. The dough goes right on top of the crust. Then add the candy bar pieces, graham cracker pieces and marshmallows on top.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until lightly browned. Oven temps will vary. Test with a tooth pick. The dough should be soft in the center.
- Allow bars to cool and then enjoy with a scoop of ice cream or cold glass of milk!
These s’mores bars are my new favorite! They are THAT good! You must put them on your “MUST TRY” list. ;) SO yummy!!