Hi sweet readers, it’s Jennifer from The Chronicles of Home here today. Has cookout weather arrived where you are? This time of year I love cooking on the grill, fresh produce from local farms, eating outside, and simple, classic desserts.
You might remember from my last sweets post here that I also have a soft spot for desserts in miniature. And I have another bite-sized delight for you today, perfect for absolutely any summer occasion – mini s’mores cups.
I can’t actually take full credit for this idea. A woman whose sons go to preschool with my daughter brought these nuggets to a party recently and people (including me) went absolutely nuts for them. A couple of women were carrying the tray of mini s’mores around the party and asking everyone, “Did you make these?” to try to track down the maker and get the recipe.
They have all the deliciousness of the classic s’mores you know and love with a bit less mess. The little graham cracker cups manage to be both casual and fancy, and seriously, they just taste fantastic. Make these for your next party or potluck and people will be hunting you down for the recipe. They’re that good.
Want to pin to remember for later? Here’s an easy strip with the basic steps outlined for you!
Mini S'mores Cups
- 7 graham crackers
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 10 ounces Milk chocolate bars and/or chips about 10 oz. total
- 12 large marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Process graham crackers in a food processor until finely ground. Add powdered sugar and butter and pulse until mixture looks like wet sand. Scoop about a 1 1/2 tbsp. (I used a kitchen spoon and estimated) of the graham cracker crumbs into mini muffin tins (mixture should fill 20-24 mini muffin cups). Press crumbs with fingers to form shallow cups.
- Bake 4-5 minutes or until edges are bubbling.
- Place several chocolate chips or a square of chocolate into each graham cracker cup. Cut marshmallows in half kitchen shears or a serrated knife. Place one marshmallow half into each cup.
- Return to the oven for 2 minutes, until marshmallows are just slightly softened.
- Remove from oven and cool in the pan, on a rack, for 15 minutes. Carefully remove cups from pan. Cool completely.
- Preheat broiler.
- Top each cup with a square of chocolate. Place under the broiler for 30 seconds-1 minute. Watch closely to make sure they don’t burn!
- Serve immediately or let sit at room temperature for up to an hour.
Stop by The Chronicles of Home sometime soon and see what I’ve been up to!
I’m Jennifer from The Chronicles of Home, where I share DIY and home decorating projects as well as lots of yummy food. My truest loves are my husband and two young daughters, but I’ve also fallen for salvaging, refinishing, & reupholstering old furniture and building furniture from the frame up. I have a sweet tooth to be reckoned with and love testing new desserts, though most of the time I eat and feed my family delicious, interesting, healthy food. I’m drawn to beautiful fabric, great books, anything kelly green, pasta made from scratch, dark chocolate, and brown butter. I’m so thrilled to be a member of the I Heart Naptime creative team!
THANKS Jennifer for sharing this fun project during our Hello Summer Event! Click HERE to see more ideas from the event.