This s’mores popcorn mix is made with gooey marshmallows, crunchy Golden Grahams cereal and a sweet chocolate drizzle. It’s the perfect easy dessert to make for your next movie night or get together with friends!
Easy S’mores Popcorn Snack Mix
If you love the flavors of the classic s’mores, you are going to swoon over this fun popcorn variation! The base of the recipe has a similar taste to my favorite marshmallow caramel popcorn, but with extra goodies added in to give it a s’mores twist.
This s’mores popcorn is the perfect treat to make when you don’t have a lot of time and will take less than 15 minutes to make. It has the sweet and salty combination that everyone can’t get enough of. My kids named it the “s’mores mix” because it has their favorite chocolate and marshmallows.
This treat is great for serving a crowd, or can be cut in half to make for family game night, movie night or a fun weekend s’mores charcuterie board to curb your sweet tooth. Both kids and adults will love it!
Why We Love This Recipe
- Made in just 15 minutes. From start to finish, this easy treat takes a total of 15 minutes to make. It’s the perfect recipe to make when you are short on time.
- Minimal ingredients. You only need 6 ingredients, most of which I bet you already have in your pantry.
- Kid and adult approved. Both kids and adults love the nostalgic s’mores flavor!
- Sweet and salty flavor. The salty popcorn mixed with the sweet marshmallows and chocolate add the perfect sweet and salty ratio in every bite!
What’s in S’mores Popcorn Mix?
- Popcorn – Lightly salted popcorn works best. You can make your own stovetop popcorn, or use a pre-popped bag (like Skinny Pop) to make it easier.
- Golden grahams – This delicious cereal gives you that beloved graham cracker flavor, without having to spend extra time in the kitchen crushing up your own graham crackers!
- Butter – Because we’re using lightly salted popcorn, I opt for unsalted butter so that it doesn’t taste overly salty. If you’re popcorn is unsalted, you can use salted butter to add a little more flavor.
- Mini marshmallows – These are the key for a deliciously gooey texture. Similar to making rice krispies, they are melted and then mixed in with the popcorn. Don’t forget to save extra marshmallows for adding on top!
- Brown sugar – This gets mixed in with the butter and marshmallows to add a hint of caramel flavor. I recommend using light brown sugar for a more subtle flavor.
- Chocolate chips – I prefer to use semi-sweet chocolate chips, however milk chocolate chips would work great too. You can melt the chocolate and then drizzle on top, or mix them in with the warm popcorn so that it melts into the mix.
This s’mores popcorn mix is easy to customize! Use crushed graham crackers in place of Golden Grahams, or swap the semi-sweet chocolate chips for milk or dark chocolate. Another fun variation is to add mini marshmallows, Hershey kisses, nuts and pretzels. You really can’t go wrong with any way you make it!
Tips for Success
- Reserve a few cups of extra marshmallows to stir into the melted marshmallow and butter mixture at the very end once removed from heat. That way they won’t melt completely, leaving you with gooey marshmallow goodness.
- Once everything is mixed together, feel free to add more of the mix-in’s until you reach your desired consistency. Add in extra Golden Grahams for more crunch, or a little more popcorn if needed. Play around with the amounts until it’s perfect for you!
- Pour the popcorn mixture onto of a piece of wax paper or parchment paper so that it doesn’t stick to the baking sheet.
- Finish it off with a few more mini marshmallows or chocolate chips. Sometimes I’ll sprinkle on some flake sea salt for a bolder sweet and salty taste.
- Let the snack mix cool completely before enjoying so that it has time to harden. Then break into chunks and enjoy!
Cutting the Recipe in Half
This recipe makes enough to serve a large crowd, but you can easily cut it in half for family movie night or a fun weekend treat. Use about 7-8 cups popcorn, 1 1/2 cups Golden Grahams, 1/2 cup butter, 8 ounces marshmallows and about 2 to 3 Tablespoons of brown sugar.
How to Store S’mores Mix
This recipe does taste best served on the day it’s made so that it doesn’t get soft or stale. Any leftovers will keep for about 2 to 3 days in an airtight container or bag, although I recommend enjoying the day of preparing to get the best flavor and texture.
More Popcorn Recipes You’ll Love
- M&M Popcorn – A simple 3-ingredient dessert with white chocolate & M&M’s.
- Cookies and Cream Popcorn – White chocolate mixed with crushed Oreos.
- Homemade Caramel Corn – Just like the kind you’ll find at the farmer’s market!
- Popcorn Balls – A kid favorite made in just 15 minutes!
- Cookie Butter Popcorn – Made with the popular cookie butter from Trader Joe’s!
Optional: 1/2 tsp vanilla, flake sea salt, extra marshmallows or chocolate chips
- Pour popcorn and golden grahams into a large bowl.
- In a medium-sized pot, melt butter and marshmallows over medium-low heat. Once the butter is melted, stir in brown sugar until it is dissolved (only about 1 minute). Stir in the reserved marshmallows once you remove from heat (you don't want them to melt completely). Stir in vanilla if desired.
- Pour mixture over the bowl of popcorn. Stir until the popcorn is completely coated. Add more popcorn or golden grahams until desired texture is reached.
- Then spread out onto a piece of parchment paper or wax paper. Sprinkle extra marshmallows or chocolate chips on top if desired. Then drizzle melted chocolate over the top and allow to cool.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!