These turkey cranberry sliders are the best way to use Thanksgiving leftovers. Turkey slices and cranberry sauce are sandwiched between Hawaiian rolls then baked to golden brown for the ultimate meal or appetizer!
Why I Love This Recipe
- Easy to make: Simple ingredients like oven roasted turkey or smoked turkey that is ready in 30 minutes.
- Flavorful: If you love dishes that combine sweet and savory flavors, these turkey sliders with cranberry sauce are for you. Plus, they are made with sweet Hawaiian rolls for the ultimate snack!
- Thanksgiving turkey leftovers: What’s better than the Thanksgiving feast? Reusing the leftover Thanksgiving turkey! Turkey sliders transform the holiday feast into a whole new meal.
- Feeds a crowd: Mini turkey sandwiches are great for lazy post-holiday meals with family or game days with friends! They look impressive but are so simple and tasty.
Substitutions and Variations
- Deli turkey: You can still make these Hawaiian roll turkey sliders even if you don’t have leftovers available! Just use your favorite deli meat.
- Meat options: Try ham and cheese sliders or buffalo chicken sliders for a twist on these turkey sliders. Adding slices of cooked bacon would also be an amazing addition!
- Cheese: No need to limit yourselves to just Swiss cheese. Try brie cheese, smoked gouda, provolone, cheddar cheese or your favorite.
- Sauce: Cranberry turkey sliders are great for Thanksgiving but you can use your favorite jam, jelly if preferred.
- Spicy: In between the meat and cheese add some pickled jalapenos.
- No poppy seeds: While these add a nice crunch they can be omitted or try everything bagel seasoning or sesame seeds.
How to Make
Using a large bread knife, slice Hawaiian rolls in half horizontally. Place bottom half of the rolls in a baking pan. Spread with mayo then add a slice of turkey and cheese to rolls. Spread cranberry sauce over top of the buns then layer it in the dish matching up the rolls.
In a small bowl, whisk together the melted butter, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder and poppy seeds. Pour butter mixture evenly over all of the rolls. Let sauce sink into the rolls for 10 minutes.
Cover turkey slider recipe with foil and bake at 350°F for 10 to 15 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 2 minutes to brown the top of the rolls. Serve immediately.
Make Ahead and Storage
You can make these sliders up to four hours in advance of serving. Store covered in the refrigerator until ready to bake and enjoy.
While these taste best fresh, leftover turkey sliders can be stored for up to 3 days covered in the refrigerator. Reheat in the oven for best results.
More Recipes to Enjoy
Turkey Cranberry Sliders
- 12 Hawaiian dinner rolls
- 2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 cup cranberry sauce
- 12 slices deli turkey slices , or leftover turkey
- 6 slices swiss cheese
- 4-6 Tablespoons butter , melted
- ½ Tablespoon dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon onion powder , or minced onions
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Butter a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Using a large bread knife, slice Hawaiian rolls in half horizontally to create a top and bottom half of rolls, being sure sure to keep the rolls connected. Place the top section on a cutting board.
- In the baking dish, place the bottom section, cut-side up. Spread mayo on the bottom. Spread cranberry sauce over the top section. Add a slice of turkey and cheese to each roll. Place top section over the bottom section, evenly matching up the rolls.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the butter, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder and poppy seeds. Pour evenly over all of the rolls. Let sit 10 minutes for sauce to soak in.
- Cover sliders with foil and bake 10 to 15 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 2 minutes to brown the top of the rolls. Best served while warm.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!