After all your hard work making the perfect turkey, use one of these inventive recipes and make the best of your leftovers. Believe it or not, you may like your leftovers more than your Thanksgiving dinner!
Every year after Thanksgiving, we’re always left with lots of leftover turkey and Thanksgiving side dishes. While we sometimes just heat them up again, it’s also fun to whip up a whole new dish using leftovers.
You’ll find tons of options to choose from – whether it’s a yummy soup, salad, sandwich, pasta dish, snack and more. All are so delicious! So take a look at this amazing list and start cooking your favorites today!
After the biggest meal of the year, it’s only natural that you may be wondering what to make that isn’t too heavy. Soup makes the perfect light meal to try!
- Leftover Turkey Soup: This is my number one go-to recipe.
- Pot Pie Soup: Perfectly rich and creamy.
- Noodle Soup: Chicken noodle soup flavors with a turkey twist!
- White Chili: Make easier by using turkey instead of chicken.
- One-Pot Wild Rice Soup: Toss in your turkey at the end.
- Gnocchi Soup: Such a fantastic flavor profile!
- Turkey Chowder: One of my favorite ideas. (via Sugar Spun Run)
- Creamy Wild Rice Soup: It doesn’t get much better than this comforting soup! (via The Recipe Critic)
If you have an abundance of meat, try one of these hearty recipes. These are guaranteed to be loved by the entire family, and will stretch your Thanksgiving meal even further.
- Turkey Tetrazzini: Classic comfort dish that’s family friendly!
- Pot Pie: Sub out the chicken in this recipe instead.
- Cheesy Tamale Pie: Make a dish with a Mexican flare. (via Half Baked Harvest)
- Turkey Cranberry BBQ Pizza: Great for using all types of leftovers! (via Recipe Runner)
- Turkey Caesar Stuffed Sweet Potatoes: Here’s one of those healthy, simple recipes to try. (via Simple Roots Wellness)
Salads and Sandwiches
If you are in need of a break from cooking, these salads and sandwiches are some of the best leftover turkey recipes. These recipes can be put together quickly, and in most cases require no (or very little) cooking at all.
- Fall Salad: Perfect after a heavy Thanksgiving meal!
- Turkey and Avocado Toast: Simple, quick and delicious.
- Spicy Quesadilla Sandwich: A unique twist on a classic.
- Club Lettuce Wraps: A light and fresh option.
- Chicken Avocado Flatbread: Drizzled with chipotle-ranch. (via Chelsea’s Messy Apron)
- Turkey Sliders with Cranberry Chipotle BBQ Sauce: A perfect combination of sweet and savory, and a great way to use turkey and cranberry sauce. (via Carlsbad Cravings)
Sometimes the few days after Thanksgiving, my family likes to graze throughout the day rather than eat a large meal. If you have been wondering what to make with leftovers, give these easy snacks a try!
- Ritz Turkey Toppers: Perfect for parties or after-school snacks.
- Turkey Nachos: Add a fun twist to your classic nachos. (via Bless Her Heart Ya’ll)
- Turkey Cranberry and Brie Egg Rolls: This recipe is so creative! (via Recipe Runner)
- Turkey Power Snack: A family favorite healthy snack. (via Real Healthy Recipes)
- Taquitos: Can’t wait to try this fun idea. (via Bless This Mess Please)
- Cheesy Turkey and Mashed Potato Bites: Are you fortunate enough to have leftover mashed potatoes too? Try these! (via Today)
Which one of these incredible leftover Thanksgiving recipes will you make first?