Easy 3 Ingredient Chili
by Kristin of Yellow Bliss Road for I Heart Nap Time
Hi Nap Time readers, I’m Kristin from Yellow Bliss Road! I’ve had the pleasure of visiting here at I Heart Nap Time a couple of times over the past year but I am super excited to be coming on board as a regular contributor for 2014. With the big game sneaking up on us – yes folks, February is just weeks away – a lot of you are planning menus for football parties in the coming weeks. This easy to make, delicious to eat, easy 3 ingredient chili recipe has three basic ingredients that you can build upon to make your ultimate chili that’s perfect for your next football party!
All you need is is a pound of cooked and drained ground beef, a can of chili beans (undrained) and a can of chili ready diced tomatoes ( I use Hunts Seasoned Diced Tomato Sauce for Chili). Mix the meat, beans and tomatoes together in large pot, bring it to a boil and then simmer for about 30 minutes.
At this point, you have a great bowl of thick and hearty chili. It serves four to six people and has a great flavor just on it’s own. But sometimes I like to get creative, and I’ll add in some extra ingredients to make it even better. Here are a few other ideas to spice up your chili –
- Kick up the spice by adding chili powder, red pepper flakes or hot sauce, or even a can of Rotel Tomatoes.
- Instead of ground beef, use a pound of shredded Chuck Roast or chunks of Stew Meat, or a pound of diced chicken breasts, ground turkey or diced beef sausage.
- Experiment with different beans – try adding a can of black, cannelloni or kidney beans.
- Not a fan of cooked tomatoes? Blend the diced tomatoes in a blender to make tomato sauce – you still get the flavor without the chunks of cooked tomato.
- Top with onions, jalapenos, sour cream, or cheese.
When adding different ingredients, the key is to keep the ratios. 1 pound of meat, 1 can of beans, 1 can of diced tomatoes. If it’s too thick, just add a small can of tomato sauce, along with a little chili powder.
If you’re looking for some more yummy recipes, check these out:
I’d love for you to visit Yellow Bliss Road where I’m sharing a spicy round up of 20+ chili recipes today. I’ve also got some quick and easy one pot meals that are sure to be a hit on those busy nights.