This avocado lime dressing adds a cool creamy citrus finish to any salad! Made with pure simple ingredients whipped up quickly in a blender, it’s an easy, budget-friendly way to add a fresh healthy dressing to your growing list of homemade condiments!
Creamy Mexican salad dressing
A cool creamy dressing with a burst of citrus and tang is probably one of my favorite kinds of salad dressings. This avocado lime dressing recipe is super flavorful and makes eating all kinds of salads and veggie dishes a whole lot more exciting. It can even be made thick enough to use as a sandwich spread or as a sauce in a wrap!
This dressing comes together in no time at all. You just add ingredients to a blender or food processor to combine. This quick guide on how to cut an avocado is about as much effort as this avocado and lime dressing requires.
What’s in an avocado lime dressing?
It’s made with fresh diced avocados, aromatics like green onion and garlic, some taco seasoning and cumin as well as yogurt or sour cream, and of course lime juice. You can imagine how tasty this is. I love it on southwest pasta salad as it really compliments the flavors nicely but this dressing is basically perfect on any salad!
- Using fresh ripe avocados will blend easiest into a creamy texture.
- Adjust the consistency by adding more yogurt or sour cream. Add yogurt to thicken it up and milk to thin it out.
- A creamy dressing is best served fresh on the same day.
- Toss some cilantro in for extra flavor. It will give it added fresh herbed flavor.
- Swap lime juice for lemon juice if preferred.
Transfer to a jar with a lid, or an airtight container and keep stored in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Favorite salads to use on:
Avocado Lime Dressing
- In a food processor or blender, combine avocados, green onions, garlic, Greek yogurt, lime juice, milk, cumin, taco seasoning salt and pepper to taste.
- Pulse until combined and creamy. If too thick, add a little more milk. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Store in a covered container in the refrigerator. Best served the first day. Serve either by drizzling over your favorite salad or with veggies. Enjoy!