This BLT pizza is an easy, delicious and family-friendly recipe! All the delicious flavors of a classic bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich on a warm and toasty pizza crust.
Easy BLT Pizza Recipe
I don’t know about you, but when lunch rolls around I’m always starving, yet never know what to make. I usually end up making a salad, however yesterday I was craving something a little more hearty.
I looked in my fridge and found some leftover bacon and tomatoes and thought I would make a BLT pizza. It was so easy to throw together and the perfect lunch. This would also make an amazing appetizer or dinner!
How To Make BLT Pizza
This BLT pizza starts out with my favorite pizza dough.Then I spread on a little ranch sauce, topped it with mozzarella cheese, bacon and fresh tomatoes.
Next I baked the pizzas in the oven until the cheese was nice and bubbly. The tomatoes also get nice and roasted, bringing out all the amazing juicy flavors.
Ways to Modify
- Pizza dough. Using whole wheat pizza dough is an easy way make this recipe a bit healthier. You could also use an easy no yeast pizza dough for a quicker alterative.
- Sauce. The creamy ranch sauce is my absolute favorite, but a garlic white pizza sauce would also give this recipe delicious flavor.
- Chicken. Adding shredded chicken would be a great way to bulk it up even more. It’s like a BLT and chicken bacon ranch pizza and all in one!
- Spice. A few sprinkles of red pepper flakes is a great way to add some heat.
- Extra toppings. Don’t be shy with the amount of toppings you add! Shredded lettuce, arugula, diced avocado and fresh basil are some delicious toppings to try out.
More Pizza Night Favorites:
- 2 Tablespoons sour cream
- 3 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried chives
- 1/8 teaspoon dill
- 1/8 teaspoon dried parsley
- dash of onion powder
- salt and pepper , to taste
Optional toppings: Shredded lettuce, arugula, diced avocado, fresh basil, red pepper flakes
- In a small bowl, combine the ranch sauce ingredients. Mix until smooth and set aside.
- Roll out the dough to about 12 inches and 1/4" thick. Then spread the sauce over the dough.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese over top, followed by the bacon and tomatoes. Sprinkle extra cheese on top if desired.
- Bake at 450°F for 12 minutes, or until crust is golden brown and the center is cooked through. Allow to cool slightly and then top with shredded lettuce or additional toppings if desired.
Lighter BLT Pizza
For a lighter version, you can use a flatbread crust and then go light on the dressing and cheese. Delicious and super simple to make. The red pepper also adds a nice kick! If you like your pizza a little more saucy, feel free to drizzle a little more ranch on top as well.