This BLT pizza is an easy, delicious and family-friendly recipe! All the delicious flavors of a classic bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich on a warm and toasty pizza crust.
Easy BLT Pizza Recipe
I don’t know about you, but when lunch rolls around I’m always starving, yet never know what to make. I usually end up making a salad, however yesterday I was craving something a little more hearty.
I looked in my fridge and found some leftover bacon and tomatoes and thought I would make a BLT pizza. It was so easy to throw together and the perfect lunch. This would also make an amazing appetizer or dinner!
How To Make BLT Pizza
This BLT pizza starts out with my favorite pizza dough.Then I spread on a little ranch sauce, topped it with mozzarella cheese, bacon and fresh tomatoes.
Next I baked the pizzas in the oven until the cheese was nice and bubbly. The tomatoes also get nice and roasted, bringing out all the amazing juicy flavors.
Tip: For a wood fire crust, cook on the grill or in a pizza oven. Another way to get the crispy crust is to preheat a pizza stone in the oven. Form the pizza on a pizza peel (with a piece of parchment paper underneath) and then slide onto the stone once it’s hot.
Ways to Modify
- Pizza dough. Using whole wheat pizza dough is an easy way make this recipe a bit healthier. You could also use an easy no yeast pizza dough for a quicker alterative.
- Sauce. The creamy ranch sauce is my absolute favorite, but a garlic white pizza sauce would also give this recipe delicious flavor.
- Chicken. Adding shredded chicken would be a great way to bulk it up even more. It’s like a BLT and chicken bacon ranch pizza and all in one!
- Spice. A few sprinkles of red pepper flakes is a great way to add some heat.
- Extra toppings. Don’t be shy with the amount of toppings you add! Shredded lettuce, arugula, diced avocado and fresh basil are some delicious toppings to try out.
More Pizza Night Favorites:
HUNGRY FOR MORE? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all the newest recipes!
- 1 pound pizza dough
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese , shredded or cubed (more if desired)
- 6 slices bacon , about 1/3 cup cooked and crumbled
- 2 tomatoes , thinly sliced
- 2 Tablespoons sour cream
- 3 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 ½ Tablespoons milk
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ⅛ teaspoon dried chives
- ⅛ teaspoon dill
- ⅛ teaspoon dried parsley
- dash of onion powder
- salt and pepper , to taste
Optional toppings: Shredded lettuce, arugula, diced avocado, fresh basil, red pepper flakes
- In a small bowl, combine the ranch sauce ingredients. Mix until smooth and set aside.
- Roll out the dough to about 12 inches and 1/4" thick. Then spread the sauce over the dough.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese over top, followed by the bacon and tomatoes. Sprinkle extra cheese on top if desired.
- Bake at 450°F for 12 minutes, or until crust is golden brown and the center is cooked through. Allow to cool slightly and then top with shredded lettuce or additional toppings if desired.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!
Lighter BLT Pizza
For a lighter version, you can use a flatbread crust and then go light on the dressing and cheese. Delicious and super simple to make. The red pepper also adds a nice kick! If you like your pizza a little more saucy, feel free to drizzle a little more ranch on top as well.
Loving the lighter flatbread option and pairing it with arugula. Delicious twist to pizza nights!
Out of this world delicious! Loving the flavor combination here!
Made this for lunch! Super easy and delicious.
No. I haven’t
tried it .
amazing. have to make this
Wow! I’m an italian girl and here I never heard about avocado on the pizza! But it sounds so fresh, light and tasty…so….I’m really going to try it asap!
Thanks a lot for the inspiration!
Oh wow! That pizza looks amazing!
You had it me at Bacon.
I want this now.