This no yeast pizza dough will have homemade pizza on your kitchen table in 25 minutes. It takes less than 4 ingredients and only 10 minutes to prep. Perfect for when you need dinner in a pinch!
We make homemade pizza almost every week at our house. Whenever we’re out of yeast or if I need a quicker recipe, this yeast free pizza dough always comes in handy. Sometimes we even make french bread pizzas, pizza dip or pizza pinwheels with refrigerated crescents. My family doesn’t discriminate on pizza night!
It’s no secret that my kids love pizza. They would have it every day if I let them. I know several of you haven’t been able to find yeast in stores, so I thought I would share this easy no yeast pizza dough recipe.
While I do prefer my homemade pizza dough, this recipe is perfect for when you don’t have any yeast in the house. It doesn’t rise, so it won’t be as fluffy as regular pizza, but it still has a great texture and is perfect for when you need dinner in a pinch. It’s also a great recipe for kids to make because it is super simple. You only need 4 ingredients (not including water). It doesn’t get any easier than that.
I love this recipe because it’s easy to adapt the toppings to your personal preference (or what you have in the fridge). I always have mozzarella cheese and pepperoni in the freezer, but when I have leftover chicken I love to add a little BBQ sauce with that as well.
Only 4 ingredients!
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Table or fine sea salt
- Olive oil
How to make yeast free pizza dough
Mix the dough. In a large bowl, stir together the dry ingredients. Then pour in the oil and slowly stir in the water until a smooth dough forms (you may not need to use all of the water). You can use a stand mixer with a dough hook, dough whisk or wooden spoon to mix.
Roll it out. Dust the counter with flour, then begin to roll out the dough with a rolling pin. You want the shape to be 1/4-inch thick and 14-inches wide. You can also make two smaller pizzas that are 7-inches wide. Then add the dough to a pizza stone or baking sheet.
Add toppings. Spread 1/2 cup sauce on top of the dough or until well covered, then add on your favorite toppings.
Bake. Bake in oven at 415°F for 15 minutes, or until the the top is golden and bubbly and the center is cooked through. The smaller sized pizzas will bake for about 12 minutes. Then slice and enjoy!
Topping ideas for no yeast pizza
- Mozzarella cheese, pepperoni
- Sliced mozzarella cheese and tomatoes
- Alfredo sauce and leftover chicken
- Bell peppers, mushroom and sausage
- BBQ sauce and leftover chicken with cilantro
To make in advance
Another great thing about this recipe is that you can make the dough up to 24 hours in advance. Simply mix the dough until it’s smooth, then wrap tightly in saran wrap and store in the fridge. When ready to enjoy, roll it out and add your favorite toppings. Then bake as directed!
More pizza recipes:
- Homemade pizza dough (with yeast)
- Homemade pizza sauce
- 3 ingredient pizza dough
- BBQ chicken pizza
- Garlic ranch chicken pizza
- Healthy pizza
No Yeast Pizza Dough Recipe
Optional toppings: Pizza sauce, shredded or sliced mozzarella, sliced tomatoes, fresh basil, pepperoni, sliced bell peppers, olives, sliced onion, mushrooms, Canadian bacon, pineapple
- Preheat the oven to 415°F. Pull out a pizza stone or baking sheet.
- Stir together the flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Then add the olive oil and slowly stir in the water. You may not need it all. Add just enough to create a smooth dough. You can use a stand mixer with a dough hook, dough whisk or wooden spoon to mix. You may need to use your hands.
- Place flour on the counter. Roll out the dough with a rolling pin or toss until 1/4-inch thick and 14-inches wide. You can also make 2 (7-inch) pizzas.
- Spread 1/2 cup sauce over the dough (this dough tends to soak up the sauce, so make sure the dough is well covered). Then and add your favorite toppings.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until golden brown and bubbly and the center is cooked. If baking smaller pizzas, check around 12 minutes.
- Slice and enjoy while warm. Best served the first day.