Pizza night just got better with this indulgent chicken alfredo pizza recipe! Top it with chicken, bacon, and other toppings of your choice for a pizza that will really make your mouth water!
Table of Contents
The Best White Pizza
Raise your hand if you love eating homemade pizza! If you haven’t tried making your own before, then you’ve come to the right place. I’m going to show how easy it is to create a creamy, cheesy and crispy pizza in your own kitchen.
This chicken alfredo pizza is a cozy indulgence that will please just about anyone! The alfredo sauce is rich and creamy with a hint of garlic and layers of parmesan and mozzarella cheese making this pizza irresistible.
Making your own pizza at home is always a fun activity! Use my suggestions for toppings or come up with your own to make your perfect pizza.
Find the full printable recipe with specific measurements below.
- Dough: I love this pizza dough recipe. To make this recipe easier, you can use store-bought pizza dough (I prefer Trader Joe’s or Whole Foods). Allow the dough to come to room temperature if using store-bought dough.
- Sauce: This is a classic alfredo sauce with butter, heavy cream, garlic powder, parmesan, and mozzarella cheese. Not exactly authentic, but we love to add cream to our white sauce. If you find that your sauce is too thin, you can add a little bit of flour to thicken it up.
- Chicken: This recipe is great for using leftover chicken. You can use my baked chicken breast, chicken alfredo or rotisserie chicken.
- Other toppings: Bacon, red onion, and spinach. These toppings add even more delicious flavor to your pizza, but you can swap them out for your favorite ingredients!
Now, I’m going to show you how to make this super tasty alfredo pizza recipe with a homemade alfredo sauce in your own kitchen!
I love making pizza because it’s so easy to put your spin on the recipe! This classic chicken alfredo pizza recipe is no exception. Go ahead and get creative with your own toppings to make the perfect pie! Here are some variations you can try:
- Shrimp: Instead of chicken and bacon, add some cooked shrimp and basil for a tasty seafood spin.
- Buffalo chicken: Drizzle some Buffalo sauce over the pizza to add a bit of spice then top it with chicken and crumbled blue cheese.
- Veggie: Skip the chicken and bacon and roast some bell peppers, mushrooms, and zucchini to use as toppings.
- Plain: Sometimes plain and simple is the way to go. Leave off any extra toppings and sprinkle the finished pizza with some finely chopped parsley.
How to Make Chicken Alfredo Pizza
Place your pizza stone or baking sheet in the oven as it preheats. Follow these steps and you’ll be enjoying this homemade pizza in no time!
- Roll the dough. Roll your dough to about 12 inches wide and ¼ inch thick. Place the dough on a pizza peel or place it on parchment paper or a baking sheet, (or for a fun shape, try a heart-shaped pizza!)
- Make the sauce. Melt the butter over medium heat and whisk in the heavy cream, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and parmesan. Reduce the heat to low and simmer the sauce for 15 minutes.
- Start layering the toppings. Spread the alfredo sauce over the dough and sprinkle mozzarella cheese over the top.
- Add remaining toppings. Layer on the chicken, bacon, and red onion if you’re using it, and then top with mozzarella cheese.
- Cook the pizza. Carefully transfer the pizza using the peel or parchment paper onto a hot pizza stone or baking sheet and bake in a preheated 450°F oven for 12 – 15 minutes until the crust is golden brown and the center is fully cooked.
- Cool and slice. Let the chicken alfredo pizza sit for a few minutes to cool slightly so it’s not piping hot when you serve it. It’s also easier to slice when the cheese isn’t sliding all over the place.
- If you don’t have a pizza stone, don’t worry! Flip a baking sheet upside down and place your dough on the bottom of the pan. It will be easier to slide it off this way!
- Grate your cheese instead of buying bags of pre-shredded cheese. The cheese in the bags doesn’t melt as well as if you buy a block and shred your own at home.
- Simmer the alfredo sauce over low heat. You don’t want to overheat the cream sauce, or it could split which may affect the texture of your sauce.
Keep in mind that your sauce will thicken as it sits but if it still seems too thin, there are a couple of options you can try.
Adding a bit of flour or more cheese can help to thicken your sauce. If it’s still a little on the thin side, you can try adding a little bit more cream or even some cream cheese if you have it.
A classic white sauce called bechamel sauce is a roux made with butter and milk then thickened with flour. Alfredo sauce while similar with butter and milk components will also contain garlic and Parmesan cheese.
Sprinkle a little bit of cornmeal or flour onto the pizza pan or baking sheet before placing the dough on it. This will help the cooked chicken alfredo pizza crust slide off the pan once it’s done.
Chopped tomatoes, basil leaves, mushrooms, kale, artichokes, olives, Feta cheese really the sky’s the limit!
Make Ahead and Storing
It’s a rare day when we have leftover pizza in this house! If you’re lucky enough to have leftovers of this alfredo sauce pizza, you can easily store them in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Make sure to wrap the pieces tightly with plastic wrap before you place them in an airtight container for maximum freshness.
To reheat the chicken alfredo pizza slices, place them on a microwave-safe plate and heat them in 30-second intervals until warm. For a crispier dough, reheat slices on a baking sheet in a 350°F oven for 10 minutes.
More Homemade Pizza Recipes
Chicken Alfredo Pizza
- 1 pound homemade pizza dough , or store-bought
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- Dash garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt , plus more to taste
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper , plus more to taste
- 2 Tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour , optional
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese , torn or shredded, divided
- 1 cup sliced chicken , see notes
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- 4 slices bacon , cooked and chopped, optional
- ½ red onion , sliced, optional
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. If you have a pizza stone, you can place it in the oven while it preheats.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Whisk in the heavy cream, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and parmesan. Reduce heat to low and simmer 15 minutes. Stir in flour, if needed, to thicken the sauce.
- Roll out the dough to about 12 inches wide and 1/4-inch thick. If using a pizza peel to transfer, place it directly on the pizza peel. If not, place the dough on a piece of parchment paper or on a baking sheet.
- Spread the alfredo sauce over the dough. Sprinkle 1 cup mozzarella cheese over the top.
- Top with chicken, spinach, bacon, and red onion, if desired. Sprinkle the remaining 1 cup mozzarella over the top.
- Transfer the pizza, using the peel or the parchment paper, onto the pizza stone. Bake 12 to 15 minutes, or until crust is golden brown and the center is cooked through. Let cool slightly.
- Slice into 6 to 8 slices. Serve warm.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!