An easy homemade pizza crust smothered in garlic ranch sauce and topped with grilled chicken, bacon, tomatoes and mozzarella cheese.
Mix-Up Pizza Night
I’ve got to be honest, my family makes homemade pizza together almost every weekend…we love them that much! I love a traditional pepperoni pizza with tomatoes, mozzarella and basil and my husband loves BBQ chicken pizza.
But one version that we’re always, always, able to agree on is this chicken bacon ranch pizza! It is the YUMMIEST and definitely one of our all-time favorites! It’s made with a crispy crust, creamy ranch sauce, shredded mozzarella, chicken, bacon and thinly sliced tomatoes. It has all the most delicious flavors and textures and is so easy to make!
What Sauce is on a Chicken Bacon Ranch Pizza?
The star of the show is this flavorful garlic ranch sauce. It tastes similar to ranch dressing and is made with a mixture of sour cream, mayo, milk and spices. No heavy lifting required for this sauce…just mix the ingredients together and it’s ready to go in just 5 minutes!
Perfect Crispy Crust
The key to the perfect homemade pizza is having the perfect crust. It’s taken me a really long time to master the perfect homemade pizza crust. I’ve tried so many recipes that are bland, “bready” and dense, or they’re flimsy and we end up eating the pizza with a fork.
This crust is chewy, crusty on the outside and soft on the inside–just like the crust should be! Below are a few tips to help you achieve a perfectly crispy and delicious crust.
- Thickness. Roll the dough until it’s about 12 inches wide and 1/4-inch thick. This level of thickness gives it a crispy exterior while the inside stays soft and chewy.
- Use a pizza stone. Heat the stone in the oven a few minutes beforehand for a crisper crust. Then use a pizza peel lined with parchment paper to easily transfer the pizza onto the stone in the oven. It will just slide right off!
- Bake on bottom rack. Because the heat source is located at the bottom of the oven, baking the dough on the bottom rack will help the crust crisp up better than the top rack.
Chicken Bacon Ranch Pizza Toppings
Top your crust with the fixin’s for this delicious chicken bacon ranch pizza and you’ve got the perfect dinner that your whole family will love! In the summer months, I also love adding fresh tomatoes and basil from the garden. Yum!
Easy Grilled Pizza
If you’d rather leave your oven off during the summer months, you should definitely try using the grill or a pizza oven. Brush one side of the rolled out dough with olive oil, then grill on medium-low for 2 minutes (with cover on). Brush the other side with oil, flip and grill for 2 more minutes. Remove crust to plate, add toppings and then grill for about 1-2 more minutes (until the cheese is melted).
For a softer crust, reheat leftovers in the microwave until warm. For a crisper crust, you can use the stovetop, toaster oven or even the air fryer. It won’t take long for the pizza to get crispy and warm, usually about 5 to 10 minutes.
More Recipes for Pizza Night:
Chicken Bacon Ranch Pizza
- 2 Tablespoons sour cream
- 3 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried chives
- 1/8 teaspoon dill
- 1/8 teaspoon dried parsley
- dash of onion powder
- salt and pepper , to taste
- In a small bowl, combine the ranch sauce ingredients. Mix until smooth and set aside.
- Roll out the dough to about 12 inches and 1/4" thick. Then spread the sauce over the dough.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese over top, followed by the chicken, bacon, and tomatoes. Sprinkle extra cheese on top if desired.
- Bake at 450°F for 12 minutes, or until crust is golden brown and the center is cooked through.
Recipe Contributed by Tastes Better From Scratch