Super creamy white pizza sauce with the perfect hint of garlic and basil. The best pizza night sauce that’s a fun switch from the classic!
One of our favorite Friday night traditions is pizza night. The kids love to make their own personal pizzas with homemade dough, white garlic sauce, pizza sauce or marinara, and all of their favorite toppings. They have such a fun time assembling them!
One of my family’s favorite nights of the week is pizza night. It’s a fun and yummy family tradition and is definitely my kid’s favorite night of the week. While we love to use a classic pizza sauce, it’s fun to switch it up every now and then with this garlic white pizza sauce.
I love a thick and creamy white sauce and this recipe did not disappoint. It’s super creamy with the perfect hint of garlic and basil. Plus it tastes great with all kinds of toppings. My favorites are cheese (of course), tomatoes and fresh basil.
This sauce is similar to alfredo sauce or cheesy béchamel sauce, but has a thinner consistency and a stronger basil flavor. It also makes a great dipping sauce and tastes amazing served with breadsticks, cheesy garlic bread or pretzel bites. Trust me, it is so yummy!
- Half and half
- Minced garlic
- Fresh basil
How to make white pizza sauce
- Make the roux. Melt butter in a sauce pan over medium-low heat. Add in flour and whisk until combined. Slowly whisk in half and half, then add basil, garlic and oregano.
- Add parmesan, then simmer. Once combined, stir in parmesan and let sit until melted. S&P to taste. Turn heat to simmer until ready to serve.
- Assemble and bake. Roll out the dough, then top with sauce, cheese and your favorite toppings. Bake according to pizza directions.
What toppings go well with white sauce?
There are plenty of toppings that pair perfectly with this white garlic sauce. We love to make a white margherita pizza with the white sauce and simply add mozzarella, tomatoes and fresh basil.
Below are a few other toppings that would taste delicious:
- Fresh basil
- Balsamic glaze
More pizza recipes:
White Pizza Sauce
- 3 Tablespoons salted butter
- 2-3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups half and half
- 3/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1/2 cup parmesan
- 2 Tablespoons fresh basil , chopped
- S & P to taste
- 1 Pizza dough
Optional toppings: 1-2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, shredded parmesan cheese, chicken, mushrooms, arugula, tomatoes, balsamic glaze
- In a sauce pan, melt butter over medium-low heat. Add flour and whisk until combined. Slowly whisk in half and half. Next add the basil, garlic and oregano. Once combined, stir in the parmesan and let sit until melted. Salt and pepper to taste. Turn heat to simmer until ready to serve.
- Roll out pizza dough. Then top with sauce, cheese and your favorite toppings. Bake according to pizza directions.
- Enjoy while it’s hot!
- Nutrition information does not include toppings.
- Sauce should make enough for 1 large pizza or 2 small pizzas.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!