Today I’ll be sharing a garlic white pizza sauce that tastes great with all kinds of toppings. My favorites are cheese (of course) tomatoes and and fresh basil. This sauce is super creamy with the perfect hint of garlic and basil.
One of my families favorite nights of the week is pizza night. It’s a fun and yummy family tradition we have at our house. It’s definitely my kids favorite night of the week. Sometimes we make our own pizza dough, sometimes we buy store bought and sometimes we order pizza in. Nonetheless it’s always a good time and tasty of course!
Last week we whipped up some yummy pizzas using store bought pizza crust, which made it super easy and tasty. You could definitely use a homemade pizza dough though if you have more time. I made a garlic white pizza sauce to mix it up and it turned out so yummy. I love a thick and creamy white sauce and this one did not disappoint.
For my husband and I, we made a white margherita pizza with the garlic white pizza sauce and it turned out delicious! Then for the kids I let them make a ghost pizza for Halloween. All I did was cut the dough into pieces and then I let them roll out the dough and add the sauce, cheese and toppings.
Looking for more pizza recipes? You’ll love these too:
Here is the big ghost we made for Halloween. I helped them shape this big guy and then they did the rest!
My kids always have so much fun making their own pizzas. They loved making different shapes for Halloween. I gave them a plastic knife to help shape their dough. Here is the little ones my kids made… a pumpkin and a mini ghost pizza! Too cute!
Some of our favorite activities on pizza night is to play games (the kids fave is don’t eat pete), build forts, watch a movie and eat pizza of course. ;)
Does your family have pizza night? What’s your favorite kind of pizza?
Garlic white pizza sauce
- 3 Tablespoons salted butter
- 3-4 Tablespoons flour
- 1 1/4 cup half and half
- 2 Tablespoons fresh basil chopped
- 3/4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 cup parmesan
- S & P to taste
- Pizza dough I used 2 cans Pillsbury classic crust
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan
- In a sauce pan melt butter over medium-low heat. Add flour and whisk until combined. Slowly whisk in half and half and then add the basil, garlic, oregano, thyme and minced onion. Once combined stir in the parmeasean and let sit until melted. Salt and pepper to taste. Turn heat to simmer until ready to serve.
- Cook pizza dough according to package directions. Then top with sauce, cheese and your favorite toppings. My favorite are fresh basil and tomatoes.
- Enjoy while it’s hot!