This cheesy bacon breakfast skillet has delicious layers of eggs, hash browns, cheese and bacon. Easy to whip up, but tastes indulgent and oh-so-delicious!
We’re a breakfast family at our house and love to make delicious breakfast dishes on the weekends. This easy skillet is a favorite because it’s made in one pan and has so much flavor! We also love to make skillet breakfast potatoes, breakfast burritos, pancakes, french toast, waffles…you name it. Oh and don’t forget bacon…well because, who doesn’t love bacon?!
Easy breakfast skillet
Okay, I’m not going to lie…this breakfast skillet recipe is by no means healthy. Bacon, eggs and cheese….definitely breaking any kind of diet once you step in those grounds! But I have to tell you, this recipe is so, so good!
It’s the perfect breakfast for Christmas, camping, Father’s Day, birthdays…or if you’re just feeling tired and want an easy dinner. Definitely not something you want to eat every day…but hey, why not break the rules every once and awhile?! :)
This recipe is so easy to whip up and has layers and layers of flavor! It’s the perfect recipe to serve for a crowd. And it doesn’t take long to have THE most amazing breakfast ready. Seriously, yum!
It only takes 6 ingredients to make this easy breakfast skillet! Feel free to add in extra veggies if preferred. I like to top mine with sliced green onions, diced tomatoes and hot sauce. Yum!
- Hash browns
- Bell pepper
- Shredded cheese
How to make a breakfast skillet
Scroll down for the printable recipe.
- Cook bacon and vegetables. Cook bacon in a skillet over medium-heat until crisp. Set aside and crumble once cooled. Leave 1-2 Tablespoons bacon grease in skillet and cook onions and peppers until translucent. Then add hash browns and cook according to package.
- Whisk eggs, then add to skillet. Whisk eggs in a large bowl. Then once hash browns are lightly browned, pour eggs over top. S&P to taste.
- Cut into pieces and flip. After a few minutes, cut the dish into 4 pieces and flip each piece over to brown the other side.
- Top and serve! Top with shredded cheese and crumbled bacon and serve once the cheese has melted.
Other types of egg dishes for breakfast:
- Cheesy ham and broccoli frittata
- Omelette recipe
- Ham and cheese quiche
- Make ahead breakfast casserole
- Mini egg frittatas
- 6 pieces bacon
- 1/2 cup onion , chopped
- 1 bell pepper , chopped
- 20 ounce bag hash browns , cubed or shredded
- 6 eggs
- 1/2-1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
Optional: sliced green onions, hot sauce, tomatoes
- Cook bacon in a skillet until crisp over medium-heat. Set aside and crumble once cooled. Leave 1-2 Tablespoons bacon grease in the pan.
- Cook onions and peppers in the pan with the bacon grease until translucent. Then add hash browns and cook according to package.
- Whisk the eggs in a large bowl. Once the hash browns are lightly browned, pour the eggs on top of the hash browns. Salt and pepper to taste.
- After a couple of minutes, cut the dish into 4 pieces. Then flip each piece over to brown the other side.
- Top with shredded cheese and crumbled bacon. Serve once cheese is melted. Add optional toppings if desired.
This easy breakfast skillet is perfect for the men in your life. Seriously, they will thank you!