These easy breakfast burritos are super delicious and easy to throw together! The perfect make-ahead breakfast option that’s great for grab and go.
We love breakfast burritos! They are so easy, delicious and quick to whip up. Plus they are super customizable too. Some of our other favorites are breakfast tacos, omelettes, skillet breakfast potatoes and a cheesy bacon breakfast skillet.
Breakfast burritos are one of my most favorite (and easiest) meals to make. We eat them for both breakfast and dinner and love to make extras to freeze. They are the best make-ahead meal and perfect for grab and go!
This recipe is great because you can get all of the ingredients and toppings ready, and then everyone in the family can make their own burrito to taste. We love to add on toppings like salsa, sour cream and chopped chives. So yummy!
I’m positive you’ll love these breakfast burritos, so definitely put them on your meal plan for this week. Enjoy!
What to put in them?
- Bacon: I typically use bacon, but you can also use breakfast sausage or ham cubes if preferred.
- Potatoes: I love to use frozen potatoes o brien. I love the extra flavor that the onions and peppers add.
- Eggs: You’ll scramble up 8 large eggs.
- Cheese: Feel free to use shredded cheese of choice, like cheddar, pepper jack or monterey.
- Tortillas: I recommend using large flour tortillas. I’ve found that they’re the easiest to fold.
How to make a breakfast burrito
- Cook bacon. Heat a large skillet over medium-heat and cook bacon until crisp. Place bacon on a paper towel lined plate to absorb extra grease.
- Cook potatoes. Add potatoes to the pan with about 1 Tablespoon bacon grease and cook according to package directions.
- Scramble the eggs. While potatoes are cooking, heat another large skillet to medium-high heat and grease with cooking spray. Whisk the eggs with 2 Tablespoons of water, then pour into skillet. Begin to pull the cooked outer edge to the center with a spatula to begin scrambling the eggs. Turn off the heat once they are 95% done. Then S&P to taste.
How to fold a burrito
- Hot sauce
- Black or refried beans
Freezer breakfast burritos
These are a great make-ahead breakfast option! You can easily freeze them after assembling for an easy grab and go breakfast. To freeze, simply wrap each burrito tightly with foil. I like to label and date my burritos with a permanent marker. Then add wrapped burritos to a freezer bag and store in the freezer for 2-3 months.
How do you reheat frozen burritos?
You can reheat in both the oven and microwave. I prefer the oven, as I think it gives the best results. To reheat in the oven, simply bake in foil at 400°F for about 35-45 minutes until warm, flipping halfway through. To reheat in the microwave, remove foil and place on plate. Then microwave for about 3-5 minutes until warm, flipping halfway through.
Breakfast Burrito Recipe
- 8 slices bacon
- 8 ounces frozen potatoes o brien , defrosted
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese , more if needed
- 6 flour tortillas, large , warmed
Optional: chopped onion, bell pepper, tomatoes, sour cream, salsa, hot sauce
- Heat a large skillet over medium-heat. Cook bacon until crisp. Then place on a paper towel lined plate to absorb extra grease.
- Add the potatoes to the pan with about 1 Tablespoon bacon grease and cook according to package directions.
- While the potatoes are cooking, heat another large skillet to medium-high heat. Grease with cooking spray. Whisk the eggs with 2 Tablespoons of water. Then pour into skillet. Begin to pull the cooked outer edge to the center with a spatula to begin scrambling the eggs. Turn off the heat once they are 95% done. Then S&P to taste.
- When everything is hot and cooked, you are ready to make your burritos. To assemble the breakfast burritos, lay a tortilla out and fill it with 1/4 cup of the scrambled eggs, 1/4 cup of the potatoes, shredded cheese and any of the optional ingredients to taste. Roll up the tortilla and enjoy!