With everything from sweet and savory dishes to on-the-go recipes, these quick and easy breakfast ideas help keep life simple during busy mornings!
Table of Contents
- Make a Good Morning Great!
- Making an Easy Breakfast on Busy Mornings
- Easy Breakfast Ideas with Eggs
- Savory and Simple Breakfast Ideas
- Sweet Breakfast Recipes
- Best Baked Breakfast Recipes
- On-the-Go Quick Breakfast Ideas
- Make-Ahead Breakfast Ideas
- Easy Breakfast Ideas – Smoothie Printable Recipe
- The Full List of Easy Breakfast Recipes
Make a Good Morning Great!
We can all agree that some mornings can be downright hectic, and it can be hard knowing what to make for the most important meal of the day. I am here to tell you that there is an easy way to take a little bit of stress out of the first meal of the day.
It all comes down to how much time a recipe takes to make, plus a little prior planning. Skip reaching for the cereal everyday, and instead try one of these quick and easy breakfast ideas that come together in a flash and require little work; and several can even be prepped the night before.
These recipes make it easy to start your day with a delicious and homemade breakfast that doesn’t require a lot of effort or time. Now that is what I call a good morning.
Making an Easy Breakfast on Busy Mornings
There are certain things you can do to take the stress out of making an easy breakfast on a busy morning. These quick and easy breakfast ideas are a great place to start, but you may also want to follow my tricks for getting breakfast on the table with little fuss.
- Plan ahead. When meal planning for the week, it’s easy to put all the focus on dinner and forget breakfast. I find it helps to make sure I plan for each meal, so I am stocked with everything I need when it comes time to cook and I never have to wonder what to make for breakfast.
- Timing is everything. I try to plan for easy breakfast recipes that I know I can make in the time I have to cook on any given morning. For instance, if I only have 30 minutes, I will plan to make something that takes 25 minutes.
- Make Ahead. For the mornings that are very limited on time, I will choose simple breakfast ideas that can be made ahead. That way, I just have to pop it in the oven and can continue getting ready while it bakes. Easy peasy.
- Consider on-the-go. There are just days when I know we will need a breakfast we can carry and eat in transport. Luckily, we have quite a few breakfast recipes that do just that.
- Have a back-up plan. We all know that not everything goes exactly as plan, and mornings, especially with kids, are notorious for being unpredictable. That is why I have a quick alternative breakfast recipe ready to go if I run short on time, like this one-bowl microwave scrambled eggs or this green smoothie.
Whether you need easy meals to prepare or you need ideas that your kids can make, try scrambled eggs, yogurt parfaits, overnight oats, avocado toast, granola bowls or just a simple piece of toast!
Grab-and-go ideas make life easy in the morning! Think smoothies, energy balls or even a quick oatmeal bowl.
I always rely on this list of healthy smoothie recipes when I need an easy breakfast idea without a lot of effort.
Easy Breakfast Ideas with Eggs
Eggs are such a magical ingredient and can be used in so many different ways. They provide great protein, can be made in a flash and are the perfect solution for simple breakfast ideas.
- Scrambled Eggs. These perfectly fluffy eggs are ready in 5 minutes. Talk about a quick healthy breakfast.
- Egg White Muffins. These are not only delicious, but are great for macro counting, Whole30, low carb, and gluten-free.
- Easy Frittata. This easy breakfast recipe uses ham, cheddar, and broccoli, but the options are endless.
- Ham and Cheese Quiche. This takes a little more time to cook, but can still be on the table in 45 minutes. Perfect for Sunday Brunch.
- Avocado Toast With Egg. This super quick breakfast is filled with fiber, good fats, and tons of protein.
- Hard Boiled Eggs. I make a batch at the beginning of the week, and keep them on hand for a fast breakfast or protein-filled snack.
- Egg Skillet. This dish takes 20 minutes to make and is one of our favorite egg recipes for breakfast, it’s always a crowd pleaser!
- Egg White Omelette. I love how this is low in fat and packed with protein and nutrients, and can be made in under 10 minutes.
- One-Bowl Microwave Scrambled Eggs. It only takes 2 minutes to make this filling breakfast! No joke!
- How to Make an Omelette. Learn how to make this staple breakfast recipe that only takes 10 minutes and you will always have an answer for what to eat for breakfast.
- Mini Egg Frittatas. These small frittatas can be customized with a variety of ingredients and come together in a jiff.
Savory and Simple Breakfast Ideas
I absolutely love savory breakfast dishes, and think they are too often overlooked for the sweet counterpart. There is room at the table for both when it comes to easy breakfast recipes, don’t you agree?
- Eggs Benedict. These look real fancy, but can be made in 10 minutes using a poached egg.
- Biscuits and Gravy. This hearty gravy can be made while the biscuits bake.
- Breakfast Tacos. Easily made in just 15 minutes.
- Skillet Breakfast Potatoes. Loaded with cheese, bacon and onions, this recipe requires just one skillet and little effort.
- How To Make Avocado Toast. Learn how to make this popular dish in less than 5 minutes, it’s one of my favorite quick breakfast ideas!
- Cheesy Bacon Breakfast Skillet. Eggs, hash browns, cheese and bacon come together to create a hearty breakfast.
- Hash Brown Egg Cups. Similar to my mini egg frittatas but with golden crispy hash browns at the bottom.
Sweet Breakfast Recipes
The sweeter side of easy breakfast ideas are hard to resist, especially since it includes delicious pancakes, French toast, waffles, and crepes.
- Cinnamon Roll Pancakes. These fun twist on the beloved breakfast treat are ready in just 20 minutes.
- German Pancakes. You only need 6 ingredients to make this one-pan easy breakfast favorite.
- Banana Pancakes. The bananas make this even sweeter and work so well with syrup.
- BEST Buttermilk Pancakes Recipe. You can’t beat this classic pancake recipe.
- Swedish Pancakes. These ultra-thin pancakes are ready in a matter of minutes.
- Apple Cinnamon Pancakes. These pancakes have grated apples baked right into the center.
- Blueberry Pancakes. The tart and sweet berry adds a nice pop of flavor.
- Chocolate Chip Pancakes Recipe. Why not add chocolate chips? I can’t think of a good reason.
- Easy Ricotta Pancakes. The ricotta gives the pancakes a creamy custard-like center.
- Gluten Free Pancakes. Fluffy and filling, you will never know these are gluten free.
- Crepe Recipe. This is a classic and the batter can be whipped up in the blender in 5 minutes. Make the night before and cook in the morning.
- Chocolate Crepes. Aside from chilling time, these decadent crepes are ready in just 10 minutes.
- Strawberry Crepes. The blender batter comes together super fast and can be made on a busy morning.
- Savory Crepes. Fill these crepes with whatever veggies or protein you like.
- Easy French Toast Recipe. I love to top this super simple recipe with easy cinnamon butter.
- French Toast Sticks. Kids love to dip these and I love how fast they disappear.
- French Bread French Toast. It only takes 15 minutes to get this sweet dish on the table.
- Belgian Waffles. Even though they look impressive, these waffles are easy to make and only take 20 minutes.
- Pumpkin Waffles. This is a great way to add in some fiber and flavor! We make them year round!
Best Baked Breakfast Recipes
These recipes require a little more time than the others, but still come together in under an hour.
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Muffins. Sweet banana and rich chocolate are the perfect pair in this muffin.
- Irish Scones. I love to serve these with homemade strawberry jam or peach jam.
- Glazed Orange Scones. These pack a citrus punch and are highly addictive.
- Easy Breakfast Muffins. Super simple breakfast idea but hearty enough to keep you going throughout the day.
- Zucchini Chocolate Chip Muffins. This is like your favorite loaf of bread in muffin form.
- Mini Banana Muffins. I love to pop a few extra in a lunch box on days when we all need a little extra sweetness.
- Easy Cinnamon Apple Muffins. Ready in 45 minutes, these muffins are a favorite in the fall.
- Lemon Blueberry Muffins With Sour Cream. The sour cream makes these extra soft and moist without taking away from their tart and sweet flavor.
- Morning Glory Muffins. Packed with fresh veggies, these muffins are a healthier way to start the day.
On-the-Go Quick Breakfast Ideas
Some days I need to eat breakfast while on the move, and these on-the-go quick breakfast ideas deliver on ease of transport, big flavor, and very little time to make.
- Best Green Smoothie Recipe. Fruits, greens, milk and yogurt are blended together for an extra boost of energy and nutrients.
- Kale Smoothie. The taste of greens is offset with banana and other fruit flavors in this quick healthy breakfast.
- No-Bake Breakfast Cookies. I love how nutritious these are and that they take only 5 minutes to make.
- Favorite Homemade Granola Bars. These endlessly customizable granola bars are an easy breakfast to make and good for you.
- Monster Energy Balls. Make these protein-packed treats in less than 10 minutes.
- No-Bake Energy Balls. Just 5 ingredients and 5 minutes is all it takes to get this simple breakfast idea out the door.
- 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Oatmeal Balls. Everything you need is in the name of the recipe.
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Balls. It’s like eating a cookie, but one that you know is going to give you energy for the day.
- Lemon Coconut Energy Balls. Made with nuts, coconut, chia seeds and lemon juice, these quick treats are paleo and Whole30 approved.
- Pineapple Smoothie. I love the tropical flavors of this fast breakfast drink.
- Cinnamon Roll Breakfast Smoothie. If I can turn it into pancakes, why not make it something I can drink on the go?
- Acai Smoothie Recipe. This powerhouse of a smoothie will give you all the boost you need for a busy day.
Make-Ahead Breakfast Ideas
Future me is always grateful when I make breakfast ahead of time. Make future you happy, too, with these easy recipes that are well worth taking a little extra time in advance for something so simple and quick on a busy morning.
- Overnight French Toast Casserole. This make-ahead dish is a favorite with the family thanks to the brown sugar crumble and berries.
- Easy Breakfast Meatballs. Loaded with sausage, cheese, apples, and maple syrup, these meatballs can be rolled the night before and baked in the morning.
- Easy Breakfast Burritos. You can freeze them to have on hand when you need a fast breakfast.
- Breakfast Enchiladas. Flour tortillas are stuffed with sausage, potatoes, and cheese and then cooked in creamy eggs.
- Breakfast Casserole with Biscuits. It is hard to argue with biscuits baked with sausage, eggs, and cheese.
- Overnight Breakfast Casserole with Sausage. I love to make this for a holiday or brunch, but it works just as well for a busy morning.
- Overnight Cinnamon Rolls. If you need some breakfast ideas without eggs, this takes just 15 minutes to bake in the morning for hot, fresh cinnamon rolls.
- Breakfast Hashbrown Casserole with Sausage. I love adding hashbrowns to make it just a bit heartier.
- Crescent Roll Breakfast Casserole. The crescent rolls add a buttery flavor to this well-loved dish.
- Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole. Who doesn’t love tater tots, especially when baked with eggs and cheese?
- Easy Ham and Cheese Breakfast Pie. That’s right, I am giving you permission to have pie for breakfast.
- Overnight Oats (6 ways!). One of my favorite easy breakfast recipes to meal prep for a week’s worth of easy, no-cook breakfasts.
- Baked Oatmeal. You can choose to make this filling oatmeal the morning of, or have it ready to go for a quick bake in the morning.
HUNGRY FOR MORE? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all the newest recipes!
Easy Breakfast Ideas – Smoothie
- ½ cup almond milk or whole milk, plus more as needed
- 1 1/2-2 cups spinach
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2-1 cup frozen mango , frozen pineapple, or frozen peaches
- Plain Greek yogurt , optional
Optional add-in's: 1 Tablespoon ground flaxseed, chia seeds, or hemp hearts; Frozen berries; Protein powder or collagen; Honey (to sweeten)
- In the base of a high-power blender, blend the milk, spinach, banana, mango, and yogurt, if using, until smooth. Add several ice cubes and blend again.
- Add more ice or liquid as needed. Enjoy green smoothie recipe while cold!
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!
The Full List of Easy Breakfast Recipes
Click on the links below to find the recipes for all of the quick and easy breakfast ideas mentioned above.
I have made 3 of these recipe already and LOVE THEM! Can’t wait to try the rest!
This is such an awesome list. I feel like we have the same things all of the time, so I’m thankful to have this to turn to. The smoothie recipe is my fave!
So glad you enjoyed the breakfast ideas!
We love breakfast for dinner at our house, and I can’t wait to try some of your savory breakfast ideas. The breakfast enchiladas are definitely calling my name!