I’m sharing my easy Instant Pot buffalo chicken dip that is a must-have for your next party! Use fresh or frozen chicken breasts for this 30-minute, creamy, and spicy dip that has all the signature buffalo wing flavors!
Table of Contents
- A 30-Minute Dip Recipe
- Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Recipe Ingredients
- How to Make Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Expert Tips
- Want a Layer of Bubbly Cheese on Top?
- What to Serve With This Dip
- Recipe FAQs
- 5 star review
- Storing Leftovers
- More Easy Appetizer Recipes
- Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip Printable Recipe
A 30-Minute Dip Recipe
Buffalo chicken dip, which is usually made in a crockpot using already-cooked chicken, can now be made quickly and easily in a pressure cooker from start to finish. Everything is done in one pot in 30 minutes, including cooking the chicken!
This creamy, cheesy, thick, and spicy dip has all of the tasty flavors of Buffalo chicken wings in the form of a hot dip. It’s the perfect appetizer for game-day parties, holiday gatherings, or movie night snacks.
Much like the crockpot, you can keep this dip on warm function until you’re ready to eat, and then people can serve themselves. It’s super easy entertaining and with everything done in one pot, the cleanup is a breeze!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
With the help of an instant pot this buffalo chicken dip is so simple to make with all the flavor! Watch this dip disappear while your friends and family are enjoying it. Easy ingredients that can be combined in minutes! It is the perfect combination!
- Flavorful. Juicy meat, tangy spicy sauce, creamy cheesiness, all in one gooey dip. Yes, please!
- Super easy. There’s nothing easier than dumping ingredients into a pot and letting it do all the work. Yes, you do cook the chicken first, but if you’re using already cooked pieces, that’s one less step!
- A crowd pleaser. Anyone who loves any hot sauce, especially Buffalo sauce, loves this dip!
- Simple ingredients. Using cost-effective ingredients, most of which you probably already have, makes this dip accessible to everyone on a budget. Even better when you stock up on breasts when they’re on sale!
This is a savory dip with a little kick from the buffalo wing sauce! You can’t go wrong when making this easy buffalo chicken dip. It has all your sweet, savory, salty, and even a hint of spice all mixed together. Everyone will be raving about this appetizer!
Find the full printable recipe with specific measurements below.
- Chicken breasts: Boneless and skinless which will make them easy to shred. If you have leftover Instant Pot buffalo chicken or would like to make a pot of this instead and keep some leftovers for other recipes, go right ahead!
- Kosher salt: To season the chicken.
- Water or broth: An electric pressure cooker requires liquid to cook what’s inside. You can use either water or broth for a bit of extra flavor.
- Cream cheese: Cut the block into cubes so that it melts much faster into the dip.
- Buffalo wing sauce: You can use homemade buffalo sauce which is an easy combination of Frank’s red hot sauce and butter, or you can pick up a store-bought jar.
- Ranch dressing: I have a great recipe for homemade ranch dressing here. When looking for a cool, creamy dressing that pairs with Buffalo sauce, ranch dressing, and blue cheese dressing can be used interchangeably. You decide which you prefer and use that!
- Shredded mozzarella cheese: Freshly grated from a block to add even more cheesiness to the mix.
How to Make Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip
Instant pot buffalo chicken dip is a simple recipe that is a combination of shredded chicken and melted cheese with buffalo wing sauce. Mix together for a family favorite dip that everyone gathers around for. It won’t last long!
- Cook the chicken. Place the breasts into the pot in an even layer. Try not to overlap. Sprinkle with salt, cover with water (or broth), and set the valve to seal. Pressure cook using the “meat/stew” function for 15 minutes followed by a quick release of the pressure.
- Shred the meat. Drain the chicken and transfer it to a cutting board or mixing bowl. Shred them and set them aside.
- Make the dip. Set the pot to sauté and add the cream cheese, buffalo sauce, ranch dressing, and cheese. Stir until the cheese is melted and everything is nice and smooth.
- Add in the chicken. Finally, toss the shredded meat back into the pot and stir it into the dip until coated. Keep the dip on the “warm” function and serve hot!
Follow these easy tips to learn the best way to make this buffalo chicken dip! Substitute ingredients, find out all the instant pot tips, use the leftover buffalo chicken dip for more recipes, or even double the recipe. There are so many variations!
- Richer flavor. Use full-fat cream cheese for a richer, creamier taste.
- Instant pot tips. If you are new to the world of pressure cooking, take a look at my tips for how to use the Instant Pot which provides tons of tips, tricks, and helpful info.
- More recipes! Use leftover dip to make another meal! Make taquitos by lining a baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray. Place 2 Tablespoons of the mixture into 6-inch tortillas and then roll them up. Bake, seam side down, at 375ºF for 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Leftovers would also be great for making a buffalo chicken sweet potato or stuffed French bread.
- Double the recipe. Easily double the recipe as needed. You’ll need an 8-quart Instant Pot to do this.
Want a Layer of Bubbly Cheese on Top?
Transfer the mixture to a baking dish and sprinkle 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese over the top. Bake at 400°F for 10 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly. Garnish with sliced green onions and blue cheese crumbles.
What to Serve With This Dip
This is the perfect game day dip for little ones to adults! It is easy to dip, flavorful and can be made in minutes. The instant pot chicken buffalo dip is great to make into a charcuterie board for a fancy appearance or leave it in the instant pot to keep it warm all night!
- Veggies: Carrot sticks or celery sticks are easy to cut and have on hand. Bell peppers are also great to use. Slice them a little thicker to hold the dip onto them.
- Veggie cups: These are fun to have and perfect for a party! Add the buffalo dip into the cup and slice your veggies on top. You can even have some with ranch too!
- Chips: A thicker chip like tortilla chips or ruffles are great to use as a dipping chip. This buffalo chicken dip is thick and creamy and needs a sturdy type of chip.
- Crackers: Perfect for Triscuits, ritz crackers, or buttery-type crackers. This gives it a savory and salty with a sweet flavor to every bite.
- Bread: Artisan bread, sliced French baguette, Pita bread, breadsticks are all great ideas for adding to the buffalo chicken dip.
A simple way is to use two forks and pull apart the chicken in opposite directions.
Another way, which is pretty neat and even faster, is to use a hand mixer. Use the beaters on low to shred the chicken directly in the pot or a bowl. Yes, there’s a bit of splatter that comes with this method!
You can. Tack on about 10 minutes of extra cooking time when cooking frozen chicken in Instant Pot.
Jalapenos are always a good choice! You can add sliced or diced jalapenos directly into the mixture or serve it with jalapenos on top.
Using a reduced-fat cream cheese instead of the full-fat version can make the consistency of your dip a bit runny. Full-fat cream cheese is thicker with less liquid, which creates a better texture.
Also make sure to measure the buffalo sauce, chicken, water, and ranch dressing accurately, so that the ratio of ingredients is just right.
It will thicken as it cools, however, if you used a low-fat cream cheese or too much buffalo sauce, you can add more chicken in there to help soak up the extra liquids.
5 star review
“So easy to make and delicious! I could eat this for dinner, it’s that good!”-Paige
It is not very often that you have any buffalo chicken dip leftover but if you do, it reheats and stores easily for you. You can even create a few more recipes using the leftover chicken and buffalo mixture. This is a great dip to have often!
- To store: Keep any dip you have left (lucky you!) for 3 days in the fridge. Store in an airtight container.
- To reheat: If it’s just a small serving, pop it into the microwave for a quick zap. You can also dump the dip back into a crockpot or the pressure cooker. Keep it on the warm function until it’s warmed through and creamy once again.
Can’t get enough buffalo chicken recipes? This creamy buffalo chicken soup is to die for!
More Easy Appetizer RecipesBrowse all
Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Kosher salt , to taste
- 1 cup water , or chicken broth
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese , cut into 1-inch pieces
- ½ cup buffalo wing sauce , more or less to spice preference
- ⅔ cup ranch dressing , could also substitute bleu cheese dressing
- 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
For serving: Tortilla chips, Crackers, Celery, and Carrot sticks
- Place chicken breasts in an even layer in the bottom of an Instant Pot. Sprinkle with salt and cover with water. Secure the lid. Set valve to "seal".
- Set the Instant Pot to the "meat/stew" function to cook for 15 minutes. When the timer is done, quick-release the pressure. Once pressure is completely released, carefully open the lid. Drain the chicken, discarding the liquid, and transfer it to a cutting board to shred using 2 forks. Set aside.
- Set the Instant Pot to the "sauté" function. Add the cream cheese, buffalo sauce, ranch dressing, and cheese. Stir constantly until the cheese is melted and the sauce is smooth. Add the shredded chicken and stir until well-coated.
- Set the Instant Pot to the "keep warm" function. Serve hot with tortilla chips and/ or vegetables.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!