These shredded beef tacos are a great meal for busy school nights. The whole family will love them!
These slow cooker shredded beef tacos are one of my family’s favorite meals. They taste great topped with fresh pico de gallo and the new cheese taco shells from Old El Paso added a yummy twist! You could of course use regular hard shell tacos or soft tortillas as well. We’ve even used this shredded beef for burritos and chimichangas as well.
One of my favorite kitchen gadgets is my slow cooker. With school starting up, I have a feeling I will be using it a lot more. It’s so nice because you can put everything in the slow cooker in the morning and then have a meal ready to go by the time the kids are home. Wa -lah! This meal is quick and absolutely delicious!
I used fresh ingredients from my garden to make the pico de gallo. I could live off that stuff. So good!
Shredded beef tacos with pico de gallo
- 4-5 pounds boneless beef chuck roast
- 16 ounces 16 oz jar Old El Paso Thick n’ Chunky Salsa
- 10 ounces 10 oz can Old El Paso mild enchilada sauce, divided
- 1 cup water
- 4.5 ounces 4.5 oz Old El Paso green chiles
- 2 tomatoes diced
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1/2 lime juiced
- S & P to taste
- Old El Paso Nacho Cheese Taco Shells
- Place the chuck roast into a slow cooker. Pour water into the pan and then salt and pepper the roast.
- Add the salsa and half of the enchilada sauce on top of the roast. Cover with the lid and cook on low for 6-8, or until it easily shreds.
- Remove roast from pan and take off any fat. Shred the meat with two forks and then place back in the slow cooker. Stir in the remaining enchilada sauce and green chiles. Slow cook for another hour, or until ready to serve.
- For the pico de gallo stir together the tomatoes, onion, cilantro, lime juice and salt and pepper to taste.
- Place shredded beef inside the tacos and then add your favorite toppings. We added sour cream with the pico de gallo to our tacos.