This easy crockpot lasagna soup is a meaty, saucy recipe that has all the delicious flavors we love in a traditionally baked classic lasagna but in the form of a comforting, hearty, soup!
Family Style Soup
I’m a big fan of slow cooker recipes, especially approaching the holiday season when things seem to be going at warp speed. It’s a budget-friendly way to feed my family while letting the slow cooker do the work! This way I can focus on other things like making homemade stuffed cheesy garlic bread and a tomato cucumber salad on the side!
Crockpot lasagna has always been a family favorite, so I knew slow cooker lasagna soup would be a hit. It’s a low and slow version of my recipe for stovetop lasagna soup which the smell alone will have everyone slowing down to gather around the table!
Tips for the BEST Crockpot Lasagna Soup
- Brown the meat separately first before adding it to the slow cooker.
- It can be cooked on low for 3-4 hours or on high for 2-3 hours. Base the time off of what you’ve got going on and when you want to eat!
- If you like yours a little thinner and soupier, add in about 1/2 cup – 1 cup more broth or hot water.
- If using already cooked noodles, toss them in towards the end to heat through. Cook them separately to al dente.
- Serve with extra parmesan, ricotta, and basil on the side so people can add what they like.
- A little kick: Substitute mild sausage for spicy if you like a little heat.
- Different meat: Use ground beef or ground turkey instead along with 1/2 tsp extra Italian seasoning.
- Veggies: If you like a chunkier soup with added veggies, think about shredded carrots, bell peppers, mushrooms, or zucchini.
- Leafy greens: Baby spinach at the end will wilt nicely and add a nice green color, lots of nutrients, and built-in leafy greens. No need for a side salad!
- Different noodles: Swap the lasagna noodles for farfalle noodles or cheese tortellini for a twist.
More Delicious Soup Recipes:
- Sausage Tortellini Soup
- Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup
- Crockpot Potato Soup
- Chicken Vegetable Soup
- Pasta e Fagioli
Crockpot Lasagna Soup
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 pound mild Italian sausage , casings removed
- 32 ounce container chicken stock
- 30 ounces petite diced tomatoes with juice (two 15 ounce cans)
- 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 8 lasagna noodles , broken into bite size pieces
- 2-3 Tablespoons freshly chopped basil , more to taste
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt & pepper , to taste
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- ricotta cheese
- chopped basil
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium-heat. Add in the onion and cook for 2-3 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook an additional minute. Add in the sausage (break up with a wooden spoon) and cook until browned. Drain any excess grease.
- Place meat in a 4-6 quart crock pot. Add in chicken stock, tomatoes and tomato paste. Stir until combined and then add the oregano, Italian seasoning and basil. Cook on low for 3-4 hours or high for 2-3 hours.
- Add in noodles. If you prefer more liquid add in an extra 1/2 to 1 cup hot water or broth. Stir to combine and place lid back on top to cook for an additional 30 minutes or until noodles are tender. Alternatively, you can add cooked noodles into the soup.
- Stir in the parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese and salt and pepper to taste. Ladle soup into bowls and top with spoonful of ricotta cheese and more basil if desired.
- You can substitute with ground beef or turkey. I would just add in 1/2 teaspoon extra Italian seasoning.
- You can also sneak in a cup of shredded carrots, bell peppers, mushrooms or zucchini for added veggies. I like to add in baby spinach at the end as well.
- If you’d like the soup thinner, add more chicken stock or broth.
- Instead of lasagna noodles you could use farfalle noodles. You could even use a cheese tortellini for a yummy twist.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!