This Mexican fudge is rich, creamy and so easy to make! It has just the right kick to make your guests wonder how in the world you made it!
Whenever I’m looking for an easy, crowd-pleasing recipe for holiday parties, this Mexican fudge is always top of mind. The flavor is amazing and always gets rave reviews. Other go-to’s are my microwave caramels, saltine cracker toffee and crockpot rocky road candy.
If you’ve never tried Mexican fudge, you’re in for a real treat. I had never made it before and asked one of my friends what the secret ingredient was. She told me it was marshmallow cream and chili powder.
When I was going through my cupboards, I didn’t have any chili powder on hand so I decided to use something else instead. You’ll never guess what’s inside of these! The fudge turned out amazing and the marshmallow makes it extra creamy.
This recipe is also super simple to make, which is always an added bonus, right?! Basically all you do is melt the ingredients together and voila…you get this amazing pot of DELICIOUS chocolate!
The secret ingredient
Wondering what the secret ingredient in my Mexican fudge recipe is? Taco seasoning! Sounds weird…but you can’t even taste it. The seasoning adds just a little bit of holiday spice and I promise you need to try it! You could also use just plain chili powder.
You can use a premade packet or make your own taco seasoning…both will work perfectly! A little goes a long way in this recipe, so you only need about 1/8 teaspoon. If you’re a fan of spice, feel free to add more. Just make sure to add a little bit at a time and taste it as you go!
How to make Mexican fudge
Step 1: Melt ingredients together on stove
In a large pot over medium-heat, combine the sweetened condensed milk, chocolate chips and butter. Stir until the chocolate has melted, then turn heat to low. Add in the cinnamon and taco seasoning and stir until smooth and creamy. Then stir in the marshmallow cream until mixture is smooth.
Step 2: Add mini marshmallows, then let set
Remove pan from heat and let cool for about 3 minutes. Then stir in the mini marshmallows and pour the mixture immediately into a parchment-lined 9×9″ pan. Let the fudge set for at least one hour.
Step 3: Slice the fudge
Remove the fudge from the pan and discard the parchment. Then slice fudge into 36 squares. Enjoy!
Helpful tips and tricks
- To speed up the cooling process, you can place the pan in the freezer after it has cooled for about 15 minutes.
- Line your pan with parchment paper (make sure it hangs over the edges of the pan, too!). This helps make cleanup super easy.
- You can substitute chili powder in place of taco seasoning if preferred.
- Use a sharp knife to slice the fudge! And clean the knife off between cuts for super smooth lines.
- Sprinkle sea salt on top for the perfect sweet, spicy and salty combo!
- For a yummy gift, wrap in a treat box and tie the box with twine.
How to store fudge
Mexican fudge will keep at room temperature for up to 2 weeks if stored in an airtight container. I’d recommend adding a piece of wax paper in between each layer so the fudge squares don’t stick together. That way you have a perfectly smooth and delicious piece of fudge every time!
You can also store the fudge in the freezer for up to 1 month.
More fudge recipes:
- Easy Microwave Fudge
- Peanut Butter Fudge
- Snickerdoodle Fudge
- Eggnog Fudge
- PB&J Fudge
- White Chocolate Fudge
Mexican Fudge Recipe
- Line a 9×9″ pan with parchment paper or foil (leave enough to hang over the edges). Set aside.
- Combine the sweetened condensed milk, chocolate chips and butter in a large pan over medium-heat. Stir until the chocolate has melted. Turn the heat to low and stir in the cinnamon and taco seasoning. Once the chocolate is smooth and creamy, stir in the marshmallow cream and mix until smooth.
- Remove pan from heat and allow to cool for 3 minutes. Then stir in the mini marshmallows and pour the mixture immediately into the pan. Sprinkle sea salt on top if desired. Let the fudge set for at least one hour.
- Remove the fudge with the parchment paper and then slice into 36 bars. Enjoy!