Mixed Candied Nuts-the perfect holiday snack for guests and gift giving!
These easy and addictive Mixed Candied Nuts make a fantastic holiday snack and/or seasonal gift that your friends & family will love.
Welcome A Dash of Sanity! I love this time of year with the snow that falls here in Colorado, the Starbucks holiday cups, decorations, time with my family and friends and all the delicious smells and food that come from my kitchen. This recipe for Mixed Candied Nuts makes the house smell like cinnamon french toast. I love it. I sort of wish there was some sort of candle the smelled like candied nuts, I would burn it all year long.
What I love most about these Mixed Candied Nuts is that they add a gorgeous touch to any holiday spread and make fantastic gifts. Put these in a mason jar, seal them up with a lid, tie a ribbon around the jar, and you have a gift that everyone will love and devour.
These are simple to make and ready to bake in 5 minutes, so you will have no problem throwing this recipe together. What is also great about this recipe is it’s versatility. You can add some pumpkin seeds, take out a nut that you aren’t fond of, or replace one nut with another type of nut that you like. My husband would take out all the peanuts and just have almonds, cashews and pecans. But I love candied peanuts so I always make this recipe with them.
Mixed Candied Nuts
- 2 9.25 ounce containers mixed nuts, lightly salted
- 1/4 cup pecan halves unsalted
- 1/4 cup whole almonds unsalted
- 1/4 cup cashews unsalted
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin spice seasoning (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl add white sugar, cinnamon, pumpkin spice (optional) and sea salt and stir to combine.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together egg white, vanilla and water until it becomes foamy. Add in the walnuts, almonds and cashews and toss to combine, making sure to evenly coat all of the nuts. Top the nuts with the sugar mixture, stirring evenly to coat.
- Add nuts to prepared baking sheet in a single layer and bake for 10 minutes. Stir nuts mixture and bake for another 10 minutes. Stir nuts mixture again and bake for another 10 minutes. Stir nuts once more and bake for another 5 minutes. Remove nuts from oven and allow to cool completely.
Don’t forget to pin this recipe for my Mixed Candied Nuts to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Be sure to add this mouthwatering Mixed Candied Nuts recipe to your holiday baking this year, you will be happy you did. Enjoy friends. XOXO San from A Dash of Sanity.
Thanks so much for sharing in our Crazy Christmas Event!
Looking for more holiday treats? You will love these too: