These easy and addictive mixed candied nuts make a fantastic holiday snack and/or seasonal gift that your friends and family will love!
We love to gift candied nuts during the holiday season. They make a great neighbor gift and have that perfect festive flavor. Some other favorite gifts from the kitchen are my homemade soft caramels and homemade toffee.
I love this time of year with the decorations, time with family and friends and all the delicious smells and food that come from my kitchen. This recipe for mixed candied nuts makes the house smell like cinnamon french toast. I love it. I sort of wish there was some sort of candle the smelled like candied nuts, I would burn it all year long.
What I love most about these mixed candied nuts is that they add a gorgeous touch to any holiday spread and make fantastic gifts. Put these in a mason jar, seal them up with a lid, tie a ribbon around the jar, and you have a gift that everyone will love and devour.
What is also great about this recipe is it’s versatility. You can add some pumpkin seeds, take out a nut that you aren’t fond of, or replace one nut with another type of nut that you like. My husband would take out all the peanuts and just have almonds, cashews and pecans. But I love candied peanuts so I always make this recipe with them.
How to make candied nuts
These are simple to make and ready to bake in 5 minutes, so you will have no problem throwing this recipe together.
Mix together spices. Mix together sugar, spices and salt in a medium bowl.
Coat the nuts. Whisk together egg whites, vanilla and water until foamy, then add in nuts and toss to coat completely. Once well coated, sprinkle the sugar mixture on top and stir to combine.
Bake in oven. Pour nuts onto a parchment-lined baking sheet in a single layer. Bake at 325°F for about 35 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes or so. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
The best thing about these mixed sweet nuts is that they last for quite awhile! If stored in an airtight container, they will keep for about 2 to 3 weeks. They’re perfect to make ahead for gifting due to their longer shelf life. So easy and delicious!
Ways to use
There are SO many ways to enjoy these candied nuts. Below are a few of our favorites:
- For snacking
- Package up as a holiday gift
- Add to a charcuterie board
- Use as a salad topping
- Add as a sundae or banana split topping
- Enjoy as cold cereal
- Mix with popcorn for a sweet & salty snack
Be sure to add this mouthwatering mixed candied nuts recipe to your holiday baking this year, you will be happy you did. Enjoy friends!
More holiday treats:
Mixed Candied Nuts Recipe
- 18.5 ounces mixed nuts, lightly salted (two 9.25 ounce containers)
- 1/4 cup pecan halves , unsalted
- 1/4 cup whole almonds , unsalted
- 1/4 cup cashews , unsalted
- 2 egg whites
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin spice seasoning (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 325°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add white sugar, cinnamon, pumpkin spice (optional) and sea salt and stir to combine.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together egg whites, vanilla and water until it becomes foamy. Add in the mixed nuts, walnuts, almonds and cashews and toss to combine, making sure to evenly coat all of the nuts. Top the nuts with the sugar mixture, stirring evenly to coat.
- Add nuts to prepared baking sheet in a single layer and bake for 10 minutes. Stir nuts mixture and bake for another 10 minutes. Stir nuts mixture again and bake for another 10 minutes. Stir nuts once more and bake for another 5 minutes. Remove nuts from oven and allow to cool completely.
Photography and recipe contributed by A Dash of Sanity for I Heart Naptime.