These easy and addictive mixed candied nuts make a fantastic holiday snack and/or seasonal gift that your friends and family will love!
Table of Contents
Easy Candied Nuts Recipe
We love to gift candied nuts during the holiday season. They make a great neighbor gift and have that perfect festive flavor. Some other favorite gifts from the kitchen are my homemade soft caramels and homemade toffee.
I love this time of year with the decorations, time with family and friends and all the delicious smells and food that come from my kitchen. This recipe for mixed candied nuts makes the house smell like cinnamon French toast. I love it. I sort of wish there was some sort of candle the smelled like candied nuts, I would burn it all year long!
Be sure to add this mouthwatering and easy candied nuts recipe to your holiday baking this year, you will be happy you did. Enjoy friends!
This candied nut recipe is top of the line and perfect for snacking, sharing at game night, or gifting to friends and family during the holidays. Become famous in your giving these out! Everyone will always want more.
Find the printable recipe with specific measurements below.
- Mixed nuts: At your local grocery store find a bag of mixed nuts in the baking or snack isle. Pick which nuts you are hoping for and roasted or anything special about the bag. I usually get the bag with cashews, almonds, walnuts, and pecans.
- Sugar: Add the sweetness will a little sugar over top.
- Cinnamon: This gives these mixed nuts the savory and sweet with a hint of winter spice on them.
- Fine sea salt: Gives the candied mixed nuts the texture but also blends the flavors together.
- Egg whites: Whisk the egg whites until they are a nice foam texture.
- Water: Brings in moisture and helps give the nuts a soft, squishy inside when biting down.
- Vanilla extract: Always a plus when added into a recipe. This will help bring flavor and blend flavors together.
How to Make Candied Nuts
These are simple to make and ready to bake in 5 minutes, so you will have no problem throwing this recipe together. Learn how to candy nuts with the simple steps below.
- Mix together spices. Mix together sugar, spices and salt in a medium bowl.
- Coat the nuts. Whisk together egg whites, vanilla and water until foamy, then add in nuts and toss to coat completely. Once well coated, sprinkle the sugar mixture on top and stir to combine.
- Bake in oven. Pour nuts onto a parchment-lined baking sheet in a single layer. Bake at 325°F for about 35 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes or so. Remove pan from oven and let cool completely.
Feel free to use any type of nuts you’d like, such as pecans, almonds, peanuts, walnuts, cashews, macadamia nuts, etc. Pumpkin seeds would taste great as well. You can also add in more spices and play around with the flavor. A dash of nutmeg, cloves, pumpkin pie spice or even cayenne pepper would taste delicious!
They are not the same! They sound similar but glaze nuts use ingredients like brown sugar, corn syrup, and butter whereas candied nuts use sugar and egg whites.
If you have sticky candied nuts, you will want to be sure to let them cool completely before storing them or bunching them together. If they have sat out for longer than usual you can place them back in the oven for another 10 to 15 minutes and see if that helps harden them more.
Yes, this does work well too! Lay the mixed nuts flat in the air fryer bucket. Cook at 300 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes then stir together. Cook another 5 to 10 minutes. Shake them if needed halfway through.
The best thing about these mixed sweet nuts is that they last for quite awhile! If stored in an airtight container at room temperature, they will keep for about 2 to 3 weeks. They’re perfect to make ahead for gifting due to their longer shelf life. So easy and delicious!
Perfect Holiday Gift
What I love most about this Christmas nut mix is that it adds a gorgeous touch to any holiday spread and make fantastic gifts. Put these in a mason jar, seal them up with a lid, tie a ribbon around the jar, and you have easy Christmas gifts that everyone will love and devour!
Ways to Use Candied Nuts
There are SO many ways to enjoy these candied nuts. Below are a few of our favorites:
- For snacking
- Package up as a holiday gift
- Add to a charcuterie board or Christmas dessert board
- Use as a salad topping (they taste great on this pear salad or spinach berry salad)
- Add as a sundae or banana split topping
- To add some crunch to your favorite trail mix
- Enjoy as cold cereal with milk
- Mix with stovetop popcorn for a sweet and salty snack
5 star review
“I made these for our holiday party and everyone loved them. Making them again when we host Christmas.”-Jessica
More Holiday Treats
Mixed Candied Nuts
- 1 pound mixed nuts , lightly salted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1-2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt , more to taste
- 2 egg whites
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 300°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Prepare ingredients and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, add sugar, cinnamon and sea salt and stir to combine.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together egg whites, vanilla and water until it becomes foamy.
- Add in the mixed nuts and toss to combine, making sure to evenly coat all of the nuts. Top the nuts with the sugar mixture, stirring evenly to coat.
- Add nuts to prepared baking sheet in a single layer and bake for 10 minutes. Stir nuts mixture and bake for another 10 minutes. Stir nuts mixture again and bake for another 10 minutes. Stir nuts once more and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Remove nuts from oven and allow to cool completely. Once cooled, store in a covered container.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!