Raspberry Crumb Bars by Alicia of The Baker Upstairs for I Heart Naptime
I’m sure it’s obvious by now, but I am totally obsessed with berries! I realized that this is the third recipe in a row I’ve shared featuring berries, but I can’t get enough! I shared chocolate covered strawberries in February and fresh fruit tarts in March, and now these delicious raspberry crumb bars. They are so incredibly easy to make, with only a few simple ingredients, and they are delicious!
You start with a delicious and buttery oatmeal crumb base, then add your favorite raspberry jam and sprinkle more of the crumb topping on top, then bake! I used some homemade raspberry jam that I made using this method, but you definitely don’t have to be an overachiever like me. Store-bought jam will work just as well and they’ll be delicious either way!
Raspberry Crumb Bars
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 cup raspberry jam
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line an 8 x 8 baking dish with parchment or foil. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, salt, oats, and sugar. Mix in the butter to form a crumbly dough. Press two thirds of the dough into the prepared baking dish. Spread the raspberry jam evenly over the top, then sprinkle the remaining dough on top.
- Bake 35-40 minutes, or until lightly golden on top. Remove and let cool before slicing and serving.