Rolo Pretzel Sandwiches – Only 3 ingredients to make and the perfect blend of salty and sweet, crunchy and chewy, and all around delicious! These rolo pretzels are the easiest holiday treat and are so fun and festive!
Rolo pretzel bites are one of our favorite Christmas treats! They’re the perfect addition to any holiday platter and look great alongside Christmas cookies, toffee, fudge, peppermint bark and candied pecans.
Are you ready for the most addicting treat you will make this holiday season? These Rolo pretzel sandwiches are incredibly delicious and made with only three simple ingredients (plus sprinkles). Doesn’t get any easier than that!
These Rolo pretzels really do have everything – chewy caramel, crunchy pretzels, smooth chocolate, and fun sprinkles! You’ll definitely want to double the batch, because these little treats disappear fast!
Super cute and simple right? They would make the perfect addition to your holiday plate! You could also make these rolo pretzel sandwiches year round with just the white chocolate or by using different color sprinkles. So easy and festive!
Ingredients for pretzel rolo bites
You only need 3 simple ingredients (plus sprinkles) to make these rolo pretzel sandwiches. This is literally one of the easiest recipes ever!
- Square pretzels
- White chocolate
- Optional: Sprinkles or M&M’s
If you’d rather use Hershey’s kisses instead of Rolo’s, check out this recipe!
How do you make rolo pretzels?
These pretzel rolo bites are so easy to make that the kids can help too! I let my girls help me with unwrapping the Rolos and placing them on top of the pretzels, and they did a fantastic job! Scroll down for the printable rolo pretzel recipe and video tutorial.
- Preheat oven to 250°F and add 25 pretzels on a foil lined baking sheet. Then place one Rolo candy on top of each pretzel.
- Bake for 3 minutes, until Rolos have softened.
- Remove from oven and place another pretzel on top of each Rolo to form a sandwich. You can also top with a M&M or pecan instead. Let cool completely.
- If you made the sandwich and want to dip them, add white chocolate to microwave safe bowl and cook at 50% power for 1 minute, then stir. Heat in 30 second intervals until melted (stirring in between).
- Dip half of pretzel sandwich into melted chocolate. Let excess chocolate run off, then return to the baking sheet. Sprinkle with holiday sprinkles.
- Allow rolo pretzels to cool completely before serving. Enjoy!
TIP: These rolo pretzels can be made year round, too! Just use multi-colored sprinkles, pecans or M&M’s instead.
How long do rolo pretzels last?
These rolo pretzel cookies will last for at least a week if stored at room temperature in an air tight container. You can also store in the fridge in a container with a lid and take them out about an hour before serving. If stored in the fridge, these pretzel bites should last for a couple more days.
Quick tips for rolo pretzel sandwiches
- For the white chocolate, I like to use candy melts or almond bark because they make a better coating for the rolo pretzels.
- You can use white chocolate chips, however they make a thicker chocolate and can seize and burn more easily.
- If you’d prefer to use miniature peanut butter cups instead of rolos, that would work too!
- I wouldn’t freeze these pretzel rolo bites. The ice crystals in the caramels change the structure of the sugars when frozen, which causes a change in texture.
- To make year round, use different colored sprinkles!
- You can even use different colored candy melts for dipping, such as pink or blue for a baby shower!
Rolo Pretzel Sandwiches
- 50 small square pretzels
- 25 Rolo's
- 8 ounces white chocolate (I prefer candy melts or almond bark)
- 1/4 cup holiday sprinkles (Optional)
Variation: M&M's or pecans
- Preheat the oven to 250°F. Place 25 of the square pretzels on a baking sheet lined with parchment or foil. Place one Rolo candy on top of each pretzel.
- Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and bake for 3 minutes, until the Rolo's have softened. Remove from the oven and place a square pretzel on top of each Rolo to form a sandwich (or a M&M or pecan). Let cool completely.
- If you made a sandwich, add the white chocolate to a microwave safe bowl. Heat for 1 minute at 50% power, then stir. Continue to heat at 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until melted.
- Dip one half of each pretzel sandwich into the melted chocolate. Allow the excess chocolate to run off, then return to the baking sheet. Sprinkle with holiday sprinkles. Allow to cool completely before serving.