Only 3 ingredients to make and the perfect blend of salty and sweet, crunchy and chewy, and all around delicious! These rolo pretzel sandwiches are the easiest holiday treat and are so fun and festive!
Rolo pretzel bites are one of our favorite holiday desserts! They’re the perfect addition to any Christmas platter and look great alongside Christmas cookies, toffee, fudge and peppermint bark. You could even make them year round with just the white chocolate or by using different colored sprinkles.
Are you ready for the most addicting treat you will make this holiday season? These Rolo pretzel sandwiches are incredibly delicious and made with only three simple ingredients (plus sprinkles). They are so easy to make that the kids can help too! I let my girls help me with unwrapping the Rolos and placing them on top of the pretzels, and they did a fantastic job!
They really do have everything – chewy caramel, crunchy pretzels, smooth chocolate, and fun sprinkles! You’ll definitely want to double the batch, because these little treats disappear fast! Super cute and simple right? They would make the perfect addition to your holiday plate!
Only 3 ingredients
You only need 3 simple ingredients (plus sprinkles) to make these rolo pretzel sandwiches. This is literally one of the easiest recipes ever!
- Pretzels: Use the square pretzel snaps instead of the twists, so that the melted chocolate doesn’t seep through.
- Rolo’s: These candies have caramel on the inside, with a chocolate exterior.
- White chocolate: This is for dipping the pretzel sandwich. You don’t have to dip them, I just love the way they look and the added flavor from the white chocolate.
- White chocolate. I like to use candy melts or almond bark for the white chocolate because they make a better coating. You can use white chocolate chips, however they make a thicker chocolate and can seize and burn more easily.
- Peanut butter cups. If you’d prefer to use miniature peanut butter cups instead of rolos, that would work too.
- Hershey’s kiss. You can use Hershey’s kisses instead of Rolo’s, similar to when making pretzel hugs.
- M&M’s. Instead of adding another pretzel on top, you can press a M&M on top of the warm Rolo (see picture below).
- Make year-round. To make year round, use different colored sprinkles! You can even use different colored candy melts for dipping, such as pink or blue for a baby shower.
These rolo pretzel cookies will last for at least a week if stored at room temperature in an air tight container. You can also store in the fridge in a container with a lid and take them out about an hour before serving. If stored in the fridge, these pretzel bites should last for a couple more days.
More easy holiday treats:
- Rolo pretzel reindeer
- Chocolate covered pretzel rods
- Strawberry santa hat brownie bites
- Saltine cracker toffee
- Microwave fudge
Rolo Pretzel Sandwiches
- 50 small square pretzels
- 25 Rolo's
- 8 ounces white chocolate , I prefer candy melts or almond bark
- 1/4 cup holiday sprinkles , optional
Variation: M&M's or pecans
- Preheat the oven to 250°F. Place 25 of the square pretzels on a baking sheet lined with parchment or foil. Place one Rolo candy on top of each pretzel.
- Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and bake for 3 minutes, until the Rolo's have softened. Remove from the oven and place a square pretzel on top of each Rolo to form a sandwich (or a M&M or pecan). Let cool completely.
- If you made a sandwich, add the white chocolate to a microwave safe bowl. Heat for 1 minute at 50% power, then stir. Continue to heat at 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until melted.
- Dip one half of each pretzel sandwich into the melted chocolate. Allow the excess chocolate to run off, then return to the baking sheet. Sprinkle with holiday sprinkles. Allow to cool completely before serving.