Slow Cooker Chicken Chili recipe – a delicious change to the traditional chili that will keep everyone coming back for seconds.
One of my favorite dishes to make this time of year is chili. Or any type of soup for that matter. Pair it with a warm slice of cornbread with butter and you have the ultimate comfort food.
My mom has been making this white chicken chili every year for the chili cook off ever since I can remember. I’ve tweaked the recipe slightly (mainly just added the chicken broth and sour cream) and turned it into a slow cooker meal. She always made this on the stove top, but I try to use my crock pot every chance I can get. It can’t get any easier than dumping all the ingredients in. This soup really is delicious. I really think I could eat this soup every night in the fall. It is a yummy twist on your regular chili and always wins rave reviews.
This soup reheats beautifully! I stored the leftovers in these Reynolds Heat & Eat containers for lunch the next day. They are plant based containers, so you won’t have to worry when microwaving them. They can easily go from freezer to fridge to microwave. They also work great for sending leftovers home with family and friends. You’ll definitely want to keep a pack of these around the holidays. I don’t know about you, but we always have way too much food (especially baked goods), so it’s nice to have these on hand. They are available at Target.
Don’t skimp on the toppings with this chicken chili, the more the better in my opinion. ;)
Looking for more chili recipes? You’ll love these too:
- Classic chili recipe
- Easy 3-ingredient chili
- Cream cheese and chili queso dip
- Chili and cornbread skillet
This post is brought to you by Reynolds. For more information about their products visit their website. The opinions and text are 100% my own. Thanks for supporting the sponsors that keep creative content on I Heart Naptime.
Slow Cooker Chicken Chili
- 6 chicken breasts I used frozen
- 15 ounces 15-ounce can chicken broth
- 1 small onion chopped
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 10 ounces 10-ounce can tomatoes with green chiles (I used rotel)
- 30 ounces 15-ounce cans Great Northern Beans, rinsed and drained
- 30 ounces 15-ounce cans Kidney Beans, rinsed and drained
- 15 ounces 15-ounce can white corn, drained
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder more to taste
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt more to taste
- 1/2 cup sour cream more to taste
- Optional toppings: shredded cheese chopped cilantro, tortilla strips
- Place the chicken in the bottom of a large slow cookers. Then add the chicken broth, onion, salsa and tomatoes. Next add the beans, corn, cumin, chili powder and salt. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or high for 3 to 4. Shred chicken and salt and pepper to taste. Turn off the heat and stir in the sour cream just before serving.
- Ladle soup into bowls and add cheese, cilantro and tortilla strips if desired.