These easy strawberry shortcake biscuits are made with soft & fluffy homemade biscuits, sweet whipped cream and juicy strawberries. Makes the BEST fresh summer time dessert!
Table of Contents
Easy Strawberry Shortcake Biscuits
I love this time of year when fresh berries come back in season. One of my family’s favorite summer activities is going to pick strawberries. We always make strawberry jam and either a strawberry pie or this strawberry shortcake recipe. Then we save the rest for snacking because fresh picked strawberries are SO good! Nothing better than a juicy strawberry!
These strawberry shortcake biscuits are out of this world! Whether it’s the light and flaky buttermilk biscuit or the fresh, juicy strawberries mixed with the sweet cream, every bite of this shortcake biscuit is absolute perfection. This is such a fun and easy recipe and the end result is seriously delicious. It’s the perfect dessert to make during summer time!
How to Make Strawberry Shortcake Biscuits
BISCUITS. The first step is to make the biscuits. We love making homemade biscuits, but you can definitely use store bought as well (you can even use traditional shortcake from the store). Make sure to use the plain biscuits (not biscuits with extra butter). I love to sprinkle sugar on the biscuits before baking them to add a sweet touch.
CREAM. Make homemade whipped cream by whipping up your heavy cream, sugar and vanilla until a peak forms. Make sure to chill your bowl and beaters to make it go faster.
STRAWBERRIES. Look for fresh, juicy red strawberries that are vibrant in color. Wash and hull them, then slice them up into pieces and place in a bowl. Sprinkle sugar on top and then place in the fridge until ready to use.
Assembling the Shortcake
- Slice the biscuits in half. Place the bottom half of the biscuit on a plate.
- Place a spoonful of the sliced strawberries on top of the biscuit.
- Add a spoonful of whipped cream.
- Then top with the remaining biscuit half. Add more fresh strawberries and whipped cream on top if desired.
- Can use store bought biscuits – just make sure to get the plain ones with no butter.
- You can also use angel food cake instead of biscuits, similar to my classic strawberry shortcake or strawberry shortcake trifle.
- Irish scones work great as well for a substitute for the biscuit base!
- Sprinkle the biscuits with sugar before baking for a sweet touch. You can even use cinnamon sugar.
- For homemade whipped cream, chill your mixing bowl and beater in the freezer for 10 minutes to help it peak faster.
More Fresh Strawberry Desserts
Strawberry Shortcake Biscuit Recipe
- 8 biscuits , can sub for angel food cake
- 1 pint strawberries , washed and hulled
- 3 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place the mixing bowl and beaters in the freezer for 10 minutes. Then pour in the cream, 2 Tablespoons of sugar and the vanilla. Beat on medium-high until a peak forms (about 2 minutes).
- Slice (or dice) the strawberries and place in small bowl. Sprinkle 1 Tablespoon of sugar over the top and then place in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Slice the biscuits just before serving. Place a spoonful of strawberries inside with a spoonful of whipped cream. Add more to the top if desired. Enjoy!
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!