Strawberry Shortcake Biscuits – This strawberry shortcake recipe is made with soft & fluffy homemade biscuits, sweet cream and juicy strawberries. Makes the BEST fresh Summertime dessert!
Strawberry Shortcake Recipe
These strawberry shortcake biscuits are out of this world! Whether it’s the light & flaky buttermilk biscuit or the fresh, juicy strawberries mixed with the sweet cream, every bite of this strawberry shortcake biscuit is absolute perfection. This is such a fun and easy strawberry shortcake recipe and the end result is seriously delicious. It’s such a great dessert to make during Summertime!
I love this time of year when fresh berries come back in season. One of my family’s favorite Summer activities is going to pick strawberries. We always make strawberry jam and then either a strawberry pie or strawberry shortcake recipe. Then we save the rest for snacking because fresh picked strawberries are SO good! Nothing better than a juicy strawberry!
How to Make Strawberry Shortcake
- The first step to make this strawberry shortcake recipe is to make the biscuits. We love using homemade biscuits, but you can definitely use store bought as well (you can even also use traditional shortcake from the store). Make sure to use the plain biscuits (not biscuits with extra butter). I love to sprinkle sugar on the biscuits before baking them to add a sweet touch.
- Whip up your heavy cream, sugar and vanilla until a peak forms. Make sure to chill your bowl and beaters to make it go faster.
- Slice up some juicy strawberries and then layer the strawberry shortcake biscuits together.
Looking for more strawberry dishes? Try these:
- Brownie Strawberry Trifle
- Strawberry Crumb Bars
- Strawberry Cheesecake Dip Recipe
- No Bake Strawberry Icebox Cake
- Fresh Strawberry Pie
Strawberry Shortcake Biscuits
Strawberry Shortcake Biscuits - This strawberry shortcake recipe is made with soft & fluffy homemade biscuits, sweet cream and juicy strawberries. Makes the BEST fresh Summertime dessert!
- 8 biscuits
- 1 pint strawberries ,washed and hulled
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Place the mixing bowl and beaters in the freezer for 10 minutes. Then pour in the cream, 2 Tablespoons of sugar and the vanilla. Beat on medium-high until a peak forms (about 2 minutes).
Slice (or dice) the strawberries and place in small bowl. Sprinkle 1 Tablespoon of sugar over the top and then place in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Slice the biscuits just before serving. Place a spoonful of strawberries inside with a spoonful of whipped cream. Add more to the top if desired. Enjoy!
Looking for a homemade biscuit recipe? Try this one!