This sweet cream caramel apple cider is the perfect treat to cozy up with this fall! It’s super easy to make with only 3 ingredients in just 10 minutes.
This is high on my list of favorite apple desserts. It has all the same flavors as a traditional caramel apple or my apple cider caramels, but in drink form. It’s the perfect beverage to warm you up on a chilly fall or winter day!
This caramel apple cider is everything you love about fall…warm, full of spices and has fresh apple flavor. It tastes similar to my crockpot apple cider, but with a caramel twist. I think I may even like this version more than the classic!
I love how easy it is to make…all you do is mix the ingredients together on the stove. It only takes about 10 minutes from start to finish! Then pour into glasses and add your favorite toppings. It’s perfect for a chilly fall night in with the family or to serve when entertaining a crowd.
3 simple ingredients
The base of the recipe starts with the 3 simple ingredients below. You can add on extra toppings before serving, but it also tastes delicious as-is!
- Apple cider: Homemade or premade (I prefer Sprouts or Trader Joe’s)
- Caramel sauce: This salted caramel sauce is my favorite!
- Cinnamon: Add a sprinkle of cinnamon for more fall flavor (pumpkin pie spice also tastes delicious)
How to make caramel apple cider
- SIMMER. Mix together the apple cider and cinnamon in a small pot. Bring to a light boil, then remove from heat and let cool for a few minutes.
- SERVE. Once the mixture has cooled down a bit, stir in the caramel sauce. Then pour into glasses and add toppings of choice.
Now for the fun part…serving the beverage! You can make it as fancy (or not fancy) as you’d like. Below are a few ideas to consider when serving:
- Serve it in a clear glass mug so your guests can see the beautiful, rich color
- Line the rim with cinnamon sugar for an extra festive flare
- Add a cinnamon stick in each mug
- Top with homemade whipped cream
- Drizzle some extra caramel sauce on top
- Add a sprinkle of cinnamon before serving
More holiday drinks to try:
Caramel Apple Cider
Toppings: Whipped cream and caramel sauce
- Combine apple cider and cinnamon in a small pot and bring to a simmer. Once it has come to a light boil, remove from heat and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Once slightly cooled, stir in caramel sauce. Then ladle into glasses and add whipped cream and caramel on top.