These cheesecake cookie bars are filled with layers of chocolate chip cookie dough and a delicious cheesecake filling. They make the most decadent dessert!
Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Bars
Brace yourself, these cheesecake cookie bars are next level delicious! This dessert takes your favorite chocolate chip cookie bars up a notch by adding a creamy cheesecake filling in the middle. And trust me when I say, you’ve never tasted anything better!
It’s the perfect fusion between chocolate chip cookies and cheesecake, making it chocolaty, creamy, rich and tangy all in one bite. They have the perfect flavor and soft texture and are easily whipped up in a little under an hour.
These bars are a fun way to spruce up a classic and combine two of the most popular desserts into one delicious creation. They’re perfect for potlucks, holiday parties or whenever you’re craving a late night sweet treat. Seriously so yummy!
- Chill the dough. Refrigerating the cookie dough is an easy way to help enhance the texture of the bars. It makes them extra thick and chewy. Stick the dough in the fridge for 15 to 30 minutes, or at least while the oven preheats.
- Softening cream cheese. It’s important to use softened cream cheese when making the cheesecake filling. I usually set the cream cheese out on the counter for about 30 minutes to an hour before getting started. For a quicker method, you can soften it in the microwave at 50% power for about 30 seconds.
- Don’t overcook. In order for the centers to stay soft and chewy, make sure you don’t overcook the bars. Remove them from the oven when the edges are lightly golden and the center is almost set. They may look a little underdone, but the center will continue to cook as it sets.
- Let rest. As tempting as it is, don’t slice the bars while warm. They need to cool completely in order to set and become firm. Trust me, it’s worth the wait!
This recipe is super easy to customize. Swap out the type of chocolate or add extras into the dough. Each of the below ideas would be delicious!
- Use a mix of dark and semi-sweet chocolate, or even a mix of dark and white chocolate chips.
- Mix in 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans.
- Use white chocolate chips and dried cranberries instead of semi-sweet.
- Swap half of the chocolate chips for M&M’s.
Shortcut: To make this recipe even easier, you can use a 16 ounce roll of premade dough instead of making your own chocolate chip cookie dough from scratch.
More Delicious Desserts:
Cheesecake Cookie Bars
- 1 cup unsalted butter , softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar , firmly packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt , or table salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 to 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips , reserve some for the top
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugars with an electric mixer. Beat for 1 to 2 minutes or until nice and creamy. Then mix in the eggs and vanilla.
- Add the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Mix just until combined. Then fold in about 1 cup chocolate chips. Add more if desired. Refrigerate dough while oven is preheating.
Cheesecake Cookie Bars:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9×13 baking pan. Reserve about 2 cups of your cookie dough and press remaining dough evenly into prepared pan.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar and eggs. Beat with electric mixer at medium speed until smooth, being careful not to over mix. Spread cream cheese mixture over the cookie dough in your pan.
- Break reserved dough into small pieces and sprinkle over cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle remaining chocolate chips over top.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until center is almost set and edges are lightly golden. Then let cool in pan. Once cooled, slice into 24 bars. Store in the refrigerator.
- Mix of white and dark chocolate.
- Use white chocolate and cranberries instead of semi-sweet.
- Add in 1/2 cup chopped nuts.