A delicious Greek chicken burger stuffed with feta cheese, red pepper, parsley, garlic, red onion and seasonings. This burger is light on calories without sacrificing flavor!
Burgers are one of the first things we grill when the weather warms up. We enjoy our fair share of beef hamburgers and turkey burgers, but it’s nice to switch it up every now and again. And this Greek turkey burger recipe is the perfect way to do that. They are so moist and juicy with tons of flavor!
Summer time equals grilling at my house. What’s not to love about backyard family cookouts? Seriously, I love nothing more and am soaking up every day of summer and sunshine. The weather is so nice right now, I’d be crazy to not be outside in the evenings. Let’s be honest, we’re usually outside more than that. We love taking mini walks around the neighborhood throughout the day. Anything to get my kids’ wiggles out.
I am so excited to share this delicious recipe with you today. The Greek flavors added the perfect touch to the classic chicken burger. The red peppers, parsley, red onion and feta cheese enhanced the flavor so much! I wasn’t sure if my kids were going to like them, but they were a hit with the whole family! The best part about this Greek burger is that you can have dinner on the table in 20 minutes!
How to make greek chicken burgers
Mix and shape. You’re going to start with ground chicken, red peppers, feta cheese, fresh chopped parsley, minced garlic, kosher salt, dried oregano and ground black pepper. Once it’s combined, you can shape your patties. This recipe makes enough for 4 patties.
Grill. Then you’re going to grill the patties on medium heat for about 4 to 5 minutes per side. The outsides should have charred grill marks and the insides should no longer be pink. You can check the temperature with a meat thermometer to ensure they’re cooked through.
Serve. We served our chicken burgers inside a flatbread with sliced red onions, tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuce and tzatziki sauce. SO, so good!
- Don’t over mix. Mix until just combined, then form into patties. Over mixing causes the burgers to dry out.
- Make a thumbprint in the middle of the each patty to keep the burgers from bulging.
- Once you place them on the grill, wait 4 or 5 minutes to move or flip them. You want them to solidify and get those beautiful grill marks.
- These can be made in the oven as well. Place the burgers on a baking sheet and bake at 375°F for about 20 to 25 minutes.
More Greek inspired dishes:
Greek Chicken Burger Recipe
Optional toppings: sliced red onions, sliced tomatoes, sliced cucumbers, lettuce, tzatziki or dill sauce
- Turn on the grill to medium heat.
- Place the chicken, peppers, cheese, parsley, garlic, salt, oregano and pepper into a bowl. Stir until combined and then shape into 4 patties. Place on the grill and cook each side for 4 to 5 minutes, or until the inside is no longer pink.