Hello I Heart Nap Time readers! I’m Taryn from Design, Dining + Diapers and it’s so great to be back here. I have been loving all of the fun crafts and recipes already shared during the “Hello Summer” series and I’m so excited to be part of it. Today, I’m sharing an easy summer dessert that my family just loves, a Chocolate Cream Cheese Pie with Fresh Raspberries.
This dessert is extremely easy to make and can be made in advanced or right before your guests arrive!
I’ve also made this with fresh strawberries on top instead of the raspberries and it was equally as yummy! There are so many options.
And I don’t know if it’s a good thing or a bad thing, but there won’t be any leftovers!
Look at those layers… I can’t wait to dive in! Refreshing and delicious.
Chocolate Cream Cheese Pie
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 1/2 cups flour I use Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free All Purpose Baking Flour
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter softened and sliced
- 16 ounces 8-ounce packages of cream cheese
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup milk
- Fresh raspberries or strawberries and fresh mint
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor, combine the confectioners sugar, flour, and butter, and process until the mixture is crumb like.
- With your fingers, press the dough into a pie pan. Once the crust is evenly distributed in the pan, bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- For the filling beat the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, cocoa and milk together until smooth and fluffy. Spread over the cooled crust.
- Wash and prep the fruit and mint and place it evenly on top.
- Place in refrigerator until ready to serve.
I hope you enjoy this easy summer recipe like I have.
Taryn is the owner/editor of Design, Dining + Diapers, a lifestyle blog that focuses primarily on DIY home decor, seasonal crafts, yummy recipes and just being a mom! She is all about making things for less by upcycling thrift store finds, using what’s on hand and transforming dollar store finds. Taryn lives in the greater Seattle area with her husband, 2 year old daughter and is expecting baby #2 in September. You can connect with Taryn on Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, Google + and Instagram.
THANKS Taryn for sharing this fun project during our Hello Summer Event! Click HERE to see more ideas from the event.