Delicious layers of noodles, meat sauce and melted cheese cooked to perfection in the crockpot! Only 10 minutes of prep, making this easy lasagna recipe great for busy weeknights. Sure to be a family favorite!
Easiest Lasagna Recipe
This crockpot lasagna is SO easy and is a meal that my whole family loves. Now don’t get me wrong, it may not taste as authentic as a true classic Italian lasagna, but it’s perfect for busy nights and want to throw something in the crockpot before the kids get home.
It only takes 10 minutes of prep and the slow cooker does the rest of the work! Sometimes we like to sneak in some vegetables with the meat mixture or we’ll serve it with green beans, corn, broccoli or a side salad.
This lasagna also tastes amazing with a warm piece of french bread, too! So easy and absolutely delicious!
- Use a mix of hamburger and Italian sausage for great flavor. Usually I cook up 2 pounds of meat with the onions and then freeze half of it for later. That way, the next time I may this crock pot lasagna (or a baked ziti), I already have the meat cooked and ready to go.
- Break off the corners of the lasagna noodles so that they’ll fit nicely in the slow cooker. But don’t worry, no one will ever notice once the cheese is on top!
- Soak your noodles in water for a few minutes if you prefer a softer noodle. If you prefer al dente, follow instructions below.
- Top with fresh basil or parsley for an extra punch in flavor.
Do I have to cook the lasagna noodles first?
No! That’s one of the main things that makes this crockpot lasagna recipe so easy! You use uncooked lasagna noodles and layer them into the crockpot. The noodles will soften up perfectly as the crockpot lasagna cooks. Once the lasagna is done, they will be perfectly tender and have a great texture!
How long does it take to make crock pot lasagna?
This easy lasagna recipe takes about 4 to 5 hours to cook in the crockpot (on the low setting). You want the cheese on top to be nice and bubbly, and the noodles to be fork tender. I would keep an eye on it at about the 4 hour mark, so that it doesn’t overcook and dry out.
5 star review
“Just made this today for tonight’s supper. It was delicious! My husband went back for thirds. I will definitely make this again.”-Theresa
More Easy Italian Favorites:
- Instant pot baked ziti
- Lasagna roll ups
- One pot chicken parmesan pasta
- Crockpot lasagna soup
- Instant pot spaghetti
Crockpot Lasagna Recipe
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground Italian sausage , could also use ground beef
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 24 ounces spaghetti sauce , or marinara
- 1 cup water , divided
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese , divided
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg
- 9-12 lasagna noodles , uncooked
Optional: Fresh basil for serving
- Spray the slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Brown the hamburger and Italian sausage in a pan over medium heat. Drain grease and then add Italian seasoning and onions. Cook until onions are soft and then stir in the sauce with 1/2 cup water. Let simmer for 5 minutes.
- While the sauce is simmering, mix together the ricotta cheese, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese and egg.
- Spread about a cup of the sauce onto the bottom of the crock pot. Then top with 3 noodles (you may need to break some noodles to fit). Then spread about 1/3 of the cheese mixture on top of the noodles.
- Repeat with 2 more layers, or until all the ingredients are used. Add 1/2 cup water around the sides at the very end. If your noodles are thick, add an extra 2 Tablespoons. Sprinkle remaining cup of mozzarella cheese on top.
- Cook on low for 4-5 hours, or until noodles are tender. Top with fresh basil, if desired.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!