Easy microwave scrambled eggs made in one bowl in less than 2 minutes! A brilliant cooking hack that tastes delicious and requires hardly any clean up.
Table of Contents
Fluffy Microwave Scrambled Eggs
It doesn’t get easier than these microwave eggs! You only need 4 ingredients and 2 minutes to make them. They’re basically impossible to mess up with almost no clean up. Enjoy them with your favorite toppings or add to breakfast tacos, breakfast burritos or savory crepes.
My husband and I love eating eggs for breakfast. We have mini egg frittatas or omelettes loaded with veggies and cheese several days a week (sometimes even for dinner!) They are high in protein and low in both fat and calories (unless you add a pound of cheese! Guilty!).
But my husband is the better egg scrambler/omelette maker, so his always turn out better than mine. And quite frankly, sometimes I just don’t have time to make scrambled eggs in the morning. Or I don’t want to deal with clean up.
My solution? Scrambling eggs in the microwave…in one bowl…in less than two minutes! If you’ve never tried this method, you’ll be amazed at how delicious they taste. It is life changing! The eggs are fluffy, creamy and taste just like scrambled eggs should! You would never know they came straight from the microwave.
The base for these microwave eggs is so simple. All you need is eggs, shredded cheese, salt, pepper and water. If you’d like to add in extras like chopped spinach, peppers, bacon or mushrooms, you can absolutely do so. Just make sure to add in the extra ingredients after you whisk together the egg and egg whites.
- Eggs: I like using a mixture of 3 egg whites and 1 whole egg. It makes them perfectly light and fluffy. You can definitely use 100% of one or the other though.
- Cheese: This is a must when making scrambled eggs in my opinion. You don’t need a lot – just a spoonful or so.
- Seasonings: Sprinkle in some salt and pepper to taste. You could even add other seasonings like garlic powder or paprika.
- Water: Adding a little bit of water helps to create a fluffier texture.
How to Cook Eggs in the Microwave
- WHISK. Spray a microwave safe bowl generously with cooking spray. Crack both the egg whites and egg into the bowl. Add 1 Tablespoon water. Whisk together for one minute. Stir in shredded cheese and any extra preferred veggies or meats if desired. Salt and pepper to taste.
- COOK. Place bowl in the microwave and microwave on high for 45 seconds. Stir the eggs, then microwave for an additional 45 seconds.
- SERVE. Remove from microwave and add desired toppings. Serve while warm!
Before serving, fancy your microwave eggs up with any of the below topping ideas. My favorites are fresh diced tomatoes and ketchup.
- Diced tomatoes
- Green onions
- Shredded cheese
- Diced avocado
- Hot sauce
Cooking Tips + Variations
- You can use all whole eggs or all egg whites if preferred.
- Can also sub the Tablespoon of water with milk.
- Feel free to omit the shredded cheese if desired.
- Make sure to spray your bowl with cooking spray so that the eggs don’t stick to the bottom.
- You can use a large mug instead of a bowl if preferred – just make sure it’s big enough.
- Watch the eggs closely so they don’t puff up over the edges of the bowl or explode.
- To test if they’re done, give the bowl a quick jiggle. They should not be runny when doing this. If they are, pop them back in the microwave for a few more seconds.
More Breakfast Recipes
HUNGRY FOR MORE? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all the newest recipes!
Microwave Scrambled Eggs
- 3 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon shredded cheese
- 1 Tablespoon water
- salt and pepper to taste
Optional add-ins: Chopped spinach, red bell pepper, crumbled bacon, diced ham, mushrooms, onions
Optional toppings: Sliced tomatoes, avocado, green onions, salsa, ketchup
- Spray a microwave-safe bowl generously with cooking spray. Crack egg whites and egg into the bowl. Add 1 Tablespoon water. Whisk for one minute.
- Stir in shredded cheese and any extra veggies or meat if desired. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the bowl in the microwave and microwave on high for 45 seconds. Stir, then microwave an additional 45 seconds, or until eggs are fluffy.
- Carefully remove bowl from microwave, add desired toppings and enjoy!
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!
I am sooo ready for this weekend now – this is the perfect breakfast option, and you need so little time for it. Yum!
Totally teaching my daughter to make these to help my mornings be a little less stressful!
Love this microwave recipe! Would love to make this for breakfast!
You had me at one bowl! What a delicious start to the day and so easy too.
This looks like something that I could eat every morning! I love eggs!
Yes. It came out very nice.🙂
I’ve been a bachelor for quite some time – been doing this for years!