Say hello to feel-good comfort food! From flavorful meatballs to juicy burgers, these are the best ground turkey recipes that make dinnertime a breeze any night of the week.
Table of Contents
Let’s Talk (Ground) Turkey
Ok, real talk. It’s time we thought of turkey as an everyday dish and not just the holiday dinner. Don’t worry, we are not cooking a massive bird just to enjoy this lean meat. Instead we are going use ground turkey to make the best ground turkey recipes that can be served any day of the year.
Plus, ground turkey is not only healthier (which is why we love it so much) than ground beef or chicken, it is also extremely versatile as a main ingredient. It is so good in meatballs, meatloaf, burgers, lasagna, tacos, chili, soups, and so on. Ground turkey really does it all.
Ground Turkey FAQs
The two are more similar health-wise than most people think, but ground turkey is lower in saturated fat than ground beef.
Most store-bought ground turkey is made by grinding the meat from turkey thighs and drumsticks. There are, however, some brands that will use the turkey breast.
Since the meat is ground, it is best to cook it within 1 to 2 days.
Ground turkey is a wonderful substitute for ground chicken since the two are similar in taste. You can swap ground beef for ground turkey in most recipes, but it’s good to keep in mind that the flavor and texture will be different.
Yes! Simply seal the raw meat in a zip-top bag or freezer-safe container and store in the freezer up to 4 months.
Ground Turkey Meatballs + Meatloaf
After trying ground turkey in meatballs or meatloaf, you may never go back to ground beef. The turkey soaks up flavor and retains moisture making it ideal in these ground turkey meat recipes.
- Turkey Meatloaf. This is a delicious way to lighten up one of your favorite comfort foods.
- Healthy Turkey Meatballs. Try them with marinara and put them over cooked pasta, spaghetti squash or in a sub sandwich or meatball casserole.
- Crockpot Turkey Meatloaf. Made with just 10 minutes of prep time, this ground turkey recipe is ready for you when you walk in the door.
- Greek Meatballs. Swap the ground chicken for ground turkey and enjoy these flavorful meatballs in a variety of dishes.
- Teriyaki Meatballs. These baked meatballs are tossed in a sticky, sweet and tangy teriyaki sauce.
- Lemon Dill Meatballs with Orzo. These tender and flavorful meatballs go beautifully with bitter greens, orzo and herby yogurt.
Turkey Burgers + Sandwiches
Grill night or game day just got a whole lot better. These ground turkey recipes for burgers and sandwiches are sure to be hit at any meal.
- Turkey Sloppy Joes. This easy recipe comes together in 30 minutes even with the homemade sloppy joe sauce.
- Turkey Burgers. These juicy burgers need only 5 ingredients and 20 minutes to prepare!
- Sweet and Spicy Bacon Hawaiian Turkey Burger. Turkey bacon, spicy bbq sauce, pepper jack cheese, and grilled pineapple make these ground turkey burgers truly amazing.
- Greek Burger. Use ground turkey and stuff with feta cheese, red pepper, parsley, garlic, red onion and seasonings. These burgers do not skimp on flavor.
- Ground Turkey Stroganoff Baguette Sandwiches. Game day just got a whole lot better with these gourmet sammies.
Chili + Soup Recipes with Ground Turkey
Ground turkey makes any chili or soup better, and these recipes are proof. Plus, many of these ground turkey recipes can be made in a slow cooker.
- Healthy Turkey Chili Recipe. Made with lean ground turkey, chili seasoning and 3 types of beans.
- Slow Cooker Turkey Chili. This flavorful chili takes just 15 minutes to prep.
- Italian Wedding Soup. Simply swap the meatballs for turkey meatballs, and you have a hearty dinner with ground turkey in no time.
- Butternut Squash and Turkey Chili. A delicious dinner that is made with red lentils in a creamy coconut milk and tomato broth.
- Ground Turkey Soup. Move over chicken noodle soup, this is about as comforting as it gets.
Feel-Good Ground Turkey Recipes
Get ready to feel good after eating these classic comfort foods made just a little bit lighter with ground turkey.
- Egg Roll in a Bowl. Ready in just one pot in 20 quick minutes, this is a healthy, low carb dinner with ground turkey.
- Quinoa Stuffed Peppers. One of my favorite healthy dinner ideas.
- Taco Lettuce Wraps. These are delicious and paleo, gluten-free and an easy Whole 30 recipe.
- PF Chang’s Lettuce Wraps. Use turkey in place of the chicken and enjoy a lighter version of the real deal.
- Black Bean Turkey Nachos. Piled high with lean turkey, black beans, and green chiles, these nachos can be a snack or a full meal.
Pasta Recipes Using Ground Turkey
These classic pasta dishes with ground turkey get a healthy twist and tastes just as good as the original.
- Lasagna Roll Ups. I love to made these with ground turkey for a lighter version of the beloved dish.
- Mexican Stuffed Shells. If you love the classic cheesy ricotta stuffed shells, you are going to love this delicious variation (especially with ground turkey).
- Baked Spaghetti: A family favorite that can be made with ground turkey for a pasta dinner everyone will love.
- Turkey Lasagna. This is about as good as it gets when it comes to this family favorite.
- Spaghetti Pie. This fun twist on the classic pasta dish is sure to make your family smile.
- Ground Turkey Pasta Recipe. So quick and easy, this recipe is a surefire way to make a hearty meal in a pinch.
Best Ground Turkey Recipes
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 3-4 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 large egg , beaten
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¾ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, mix the turkey, parsley, egg, breadcrumbs, parmesan, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper with your hands until just combined, being careful not to overmix.
- Using a medium cookie scoop or a spoon, portion the mixture onto the baking sheet. Using your hands, shape each portion into 1 1/2-inch balls. Return to the baking sheet.
- Bake uncovered, turning halfway through, 17 to 20 minutes, or until no longer pink in the center.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!
The Full List of Ground Turkey Recipes
Click on the links below to find the recipes for all of the delicious ground turkey recipes mentioned above.