These easy dinner ideas solve the question of what to make for dinner tonight. Whether you are looking for a recipe with chicken or steak, to serve with rice or that is family friendly each dish contains simple ingredients and will satisfy any craving.
Table of Contents
- The Best Easy Recipes for Dinner
- Dinner Ideas Everyone Will Love
- Quick and Easy Dinner Ideas
- Easy Healthy Dinner Ideas
- Easy Family Dinner Ideas
- Easy Recipes for Dinner with Steak
- Easy Chicken Dinner Ideas
- Easy Dinners to Serve with Rice
- Easy Soup Dinner Ideas
- Easy Vegetarian Dinner Recipes
- Easy Dinner Ideas + French Bread Pizza Printable Recipe
- The Full List of Easy Dinner Ideas
The Best Easy Recipes for Dinner
If you have ever walked in the door after a long day and been faced with the age old question “what’s for dinner?”, this list is here to help you! With flavorful ingredients and simple directions, dinner time is saved and everyone is happy.
Whether it’s a comforting pasta recipe, a healthy sheet pan meal or a vegetarian main there is a recipe to curb any craving or mood. You might even find a few new meals to add to your regular menu rotation!
Keep this list of easy dinner ideas handy whenever you are not sure what to make. It has came to my rescue time and time again and I hope it does the same for your family. Easy dinners for the win!
Dinner Ideas Everyone Will Love
While the dinner ideas below are perfect when you need something quick and easy, sometimes you need just one part of the meal to build upon! That is why I love these family dinner ideas for simple proteins, grains or sauces.
- Taco meat: Use in tacos, nachos, quesadillas or salad.
- How to cook quinoa: A plant based protein perfect for adding to any salad.
- Marinara sauce: Just add your favorite pasta and enjoy!
- Shredded beef: Transform your shredded beef into a sandwich, use in burritos or add to stroganoff just to name a few.
- Shredded chicken: Toss with BBQ sauce, add to a salad, use on a pizza, add to pasta, there are so many ways to use shredded chicken.
When you are not sure what to make using a store bought item as the base of the meal can help kickstart the process a little faster! I often make this French bread pizza or meatball subs (using frozen meatballs) to get things on the table faster.
Spinach pesto pizza to the rescue! With naan bread, pesto, mozzarella and spinach this dinner covers all the bases and is delicious, too!
Quick and Easy Dinner Ideas
Flavorful and quick these easy dinner recipes come together in 30 minutes and are perfect for any weeknight!
- Parmesan Crusted Chicken. Made on the stovetop and ready in less than 20 minutes, it will be new family favorite.
- Easy 3-Ingredient Chili. The easiest chili recipe you ever met! All you need is ground beef, chili beans and chili ready tomatoes for this hearty dinner.
- Bean and Cheese Burritos. Ready in only 15 minutes, no one ever turns down one of these burritos!
- Sheet Pan Gnocchi. Crispy gnocchi and roasted vegetables all come together on one pan in only 30 minutes.
- Roasted Pork Tenderloin. A simple stove-to-oven method means this is ready in less than 30 minutes with a beautiful sear outside and tender juicy meat inside.
- Parmesan Ranch Chicken. With only 5 ingredients, this crispy Parmesan breadcrumb coated chicken is a favorite!
Easy Healthy Dinner Ideas
Healthy never tasted so good and these easy dinner ideas don’t skimp on taste! Everyone in your family will love these familiar foods that are just a bit better for them.
- Baked Tilapia Recipe. Oven baked with crispy, flaky results make this tender white fish a favorite.
- Sheet Pan Salmon. An all in one meal with salmon, potatoes and asparagus and a baking time of only 30 minutes!
- Healthy Turkey Chili. Prep this in 15 minutes then simmer on the stovetop for a hearty meal. No one will miss the beef!
- Healthy Pizza. Loaded with veggies, lean chicken and cheese on a whole wheat crust, this meal is ready in only 20 minutes.
- Spaghetti Pesto. Fresh bold flavors, familiar spaghetti noodles and a vegan pesto will make this a new favorite.
- Lemon chicken. Only 7 ingredients are needed for this delicious one pan lemon butter chicken that’s ready in 30 minutes.
Easy Family Dinner Ideas
Tried and true family favorites are not only great for kids but adults, too! Make these easy dinner ideas when you need a proven winner that everyone will enjoy.
- Easy Sheet Pan Quesadillas. A giant quesadilla guarantees smiles all around at the dinner table when this is on the menu.
- One Pot Burrito Bowl Recipe. Everything you love about a burrito but without the work of piling it into a tortilla. Instead, serve with some tortilla chips and call it a day!
- Homemade Mac and Cheese. There is no better comfort meal than homemade mac!
- Sheet Pan Chicken Thighs. Tender and juicy chicken thighs with a colorful medley of vegetables will be a new favorite in only 30 minutes.
- Sheet Pan Sausage and Veggies. Colorful, flavorful and delicious smoked sausage with broccoli, potatoes and peppers has something for everyone.
- Egg Skillet. Everyone will love it when breakfast is served for dinner!
- French Bread Pizza. With a loaf of French bread, your favorite toppings and cheese, this easy dinner is ready in 20 minutes!
- Pigs in a Blanket with Cheese. A kid-friendly staple with an added twist of garlic butter and cheese that makes them irresistible to the kid in all of us!
Easy Recipes for Dinner with Steak
Quick and easy dinners that are carnivore approved, yes please! For all the steak lovers out there, these dinner recipes are simple enough to pull off on a weeknight.
- Steak and Potatoes. Hearty, comforting and sure to satisfy, crispy potatoes with tender bites of steak will be a hit.
- Steak Tacos. After a short marinade time, these tacos come together in 12 minutes!
- Steak Fajitas. Sizzling fajitas will bring a smile to everyone at the table; serve with all the toppings for an easy feast.
- How to Cook Steak in the Oven. No matter the weather outside, this steak turns out perfectly cooked inside!
- Chimichurri Steak. With a flavorful sauce, your classic grilled flank steak just got a simple yet flavorful upgrade.
Easy Chicken Dinner Ideas
Winner, winner chicken dinner may be cliche, but it’s true! These easy dinner ideas with chicken are versatile, simple and will become staples on your dinner menu.
- Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo. Easy and comforting this is the perfect recipe after a long day!
- Greek Chicken Meatballs. Serve in pita or on a salad for a simple dinner with fresh Mediterranean flavors.
- Creamy Baked Chicken Taquitos. Easy, creamy and hands off, these taquitos bake in the oven for crispy results.
- Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas. Only 5 ingredients and 30 minutes are all you need to get these restaurant quality fajitas on the table!
- BBQ Chicken Tacos. Ready in 15 minutes, everyone will love this spin on tacos with sweet BBQ sauce.
Easy Dinners to Serve with Rice
Faster than takeout, these stir fry recipes with an Asian flair are easy dinner ideas to make at home and full of delicious flavor!
- Panda Express Kung Pao Chicken. Quicker and better for you than takeout, this chicken and vegetable stir fry can be spicy or mild, your choice.
- Chicken Stir Fry. A simple stir fry always hits the spot and this one will be a new favorite!
- Honey Sesame Chicken. Your family will lick their plate clean when you serve this tender chicken in a sweet sauce.
- Korean Ground Beef Bowl. This dinner idea is budget friendly and ready in 15 minutes!
- PF Changs Mongolian Beef. Skip the high dining out prices and make this copycat recipe at home. It’s flavor, tender and so good.
- Egg Roll in a Bowl. No time to roll? Just put it in a bowl! That’s the method behind this egg roll and everyone will rave about it.
- Orange Chicken. This homemade version tastes like the real thing but better!
Easy Soup Dinner Ideas
- Easy Lasagna Soup. All the taste, no layering required. Top with ricotta to seal the deal and enjoy this easy soup for dinner!
- Chicken Tortilla Soup. A loaded soup that is a crowd pleaser! Serve with all your favorite toppings and let everyone customize their bowl to taste.
- Taco Soup. A family favorite and for good reason! Full of meat, beans and colorful veggies it tastes like a taco but is a comforting soup.
- Sausage Tortellini Soup. Full of Italian flavor, this soup is husband approved!
- Chicken Noodle Soup. A classic for a reason! Serve this bowl of delicious soup on any day that you need a little boost of comfort.
- Broccoli and Cheese Soup. Better than any takeout from your favorite cafe, this soup is creamy, cheesy and the perfect easy dinner idea.
Easy Vegetarian Dinner Recipes
Perfect for those nights when you want something a little lighter, these easy dinner ideas that contain no meat are healthy, satisfying and make mealtime a colorful affair.
- Buddha Bowls. Customizable bowls of goodness, these will make you feel good from the inside out.
- Three Cheese Manicotti. Impressive yet simple with a bake time of only 25 minutes!
- Pizza Caprese. Easy to make but in only one bite you will feel like you are dining out at an Italian cafe!
- Scrambled Eggs. There is never a wrong time to have scrambled eggs and it’s the perfect protein to serve at dinner with a slice of toast and fresh fruit.
- Black Bean and Sweet Potato Taquitos. Flavorful, nutritious and satisfying with roasted sweet potatoes and creamy black beans, these are sure to be a dinnertime win.
- Mushroom Gnocchi. Simple to put together but elegant in presentation, this dinner makes an easy weeknight dinner seem fancy.
Easy Dinner Ideas + French Bread Pizza
Optional toppings: Pepperoni, Sliced veggies, Tomatoes, Basil, etc.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Spread the butter over each french bread half and sprinkle with garlic powder. Bake for 4 minutes, or until lightly toasted.
- Spread the sauce evenly over the top of each slice. Top with cheese and any desired toppings.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Let cool for a few minutes and then slice when ready to serve.
- Caprese: Pizza sauce, cheese, tomatoes, basil, and balsamic glaze
- Alfredo: Alfredo sauce, cheese, and chicken
- Pesto: Pesto sauce, cheese, and other toppings like chicken, tomatoes, or spinach
- BBQ chicken: BBQ sauce, cheese, chicken, and sliced red onions.
- Ham & pineapple: Pizza sauce, cheese, ham, and pineapple
- Veggie: Pizza sauce, cheese, and any of your favorite veggies
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!
The Full List of Easy Dinner Ideas
Click on the links below to find the recipes for all of the delicious easy dinner ideas mentioned above.