This pizza dip is always a crowd-pleaser. Simply made with 3 different kinds of cheeses combined with all the delicious flavors of pizza and baked until bubbly. It’s an appetizer the whole family will love!
Table of Contents
Cheezy Pizza Dip
This is the perfect recipe if you’re craving pizza but without the work. While I love to make homemade pizza dough, sometimes I don’t have the extra time. With this delicious appetizer, you’ll get all the flavors of homemade pizza, but in dip form!
This hot pizza dip is totally customizable from top to bottom! Add whatever toppings you want and bake until the cheese is bubbly and golden brown. This may be an easy pizza dip but the flavor is out of this world.
It’s a hit on game night, potlucks, and holiday gatherings…especially for pizza lovers who like to peel the cheese off their pizza to eat it all on its own. Serve with everything from bread, to crackers to chips and probably a napkin or two!
This ooey-gooey pizza dip recipe comes together in a pinch and it can also be made ahead of time. Just bake whenever you’re ready. It’s a guaranteed favorite that everyone looks forward to!
6 Simple Ingredients
- Cream cheese: This is the secret ingredient that gives it a real dip consistency and allows it to stay softer for longer.
- Mozzarella: Recommended that you grate your own as pre-shredded has a lot of additives and doesn’t taste as fresh or melt as easily. Of course, for added convenience pre-shredded will get the job done too.
- Parmesan: Freshly grated parmesan cheese adds another layer of flavor to this delicious dip.
- Italian seasoning: This adds a nice herbed flavor especially if your sauce falls a little flat. It also gives a more authentic pizza look with the specks of green sprinkled throughout the dish.
- Pizza sauce: Some people enjoy a marinara sauce, some will buy specifically pizza sauce, whatever you prefer or whatever you have, go ahead and use that.
- Pepperoni: When kids are around pepperoni is usually a staple, but if you’re serving it to adults you can get as creative as you want with toppings!
How to Make Pepperoni Pizza Dip
- Prep. You’ll want to make sure to take your cream cheese out ahead of time to get it to room temperature. Give it about 20 minutes out of the fridge. Then, preheat the oven and place a pie dish onto a baking sheet. The reason for the baking sheet is it’s so helpful in being able to put in and take out the pie dish. It also helps catch any sauce or cheese that bubbles over.
- Mix. Grab a bowl and dump cream cheese, half the mozzarella, and half of the parmesan into it. Add in the Italian seasoning and mix everything together.
- Spread and sprinkle. Spread the cheese in the bottom of the pie dish, using a spatula to create an even layer. Then pour the pizza sauce on top of the cream cheese mixture. Finish off with a sprinkling of remaining cheese and pepperoni or whatever toppings you have chosen.
- Bake. Put it in the oven and bake until golden brown and bubbly. Serve immediately.
Tip: This dip is best served warm. Keep the dip in a warm oven until ready to serve. You could also make this in the slow cooker and move the pot to broil the cheese for 1-2 minutes just before serving. Place the slow cooker on warm to keep it hot.
What to Serve with Pizza Dip
Any of the below taste amazing!
- French baguette slices
- French bread slices
- Pretzel bites
- Bagel chips
- Pita bread
- Naan bread
- Tortilla chips
- Homemade pretzel bites
Make Ahead, Storing & Reheating
- Make ahead: Make this dip up to a few days ahead of time, assemble, and keep it in the fridge. When you’re ready to bake it without having to bring it back to room temperature. This is great for saving even just a few minutes of prep time on a busy day.
- Storing: It will stay good in the fridge for up to 5 days. Because of the cheese, you’ll want to put away any leftovers in an airtight container sooner rather than later.
- Reheating: To reheat, you can place it back in the oven to heat through, or if it’s a smaller portion, microwave it for 30 seconds.
More Pizza Inspired Dishes
HUNGRY FOR MORE? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all the newest recipes!
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (divided)
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese (divided)
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- Pepperoni slices (optional)
For serving: Baguette slices, bagel or pita chips or tortilla chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Place a 9-inch pie dish onto a baking sheet and set aside.
- Mix together the cream cheese, half of the mozzarella, half of the parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning. Use a spatula to spread in the bottom of the pie dish.
- Spread the pizza sauce on top of the cream cheese mixture. Then sprinkle remaining cheese and pepperoni on top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
- Serve immediately with desired dipper. Best served warm.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!
Love this idea! Would make a perfect appetizer, my family will love this! Can’t want to make
Looks so good! I can’t wait to try this one with my family!