These Rolo pretzels are the easiest holiday treat and are so fun and festive. Only 3 ingredients to make and the perfect blend of salty and sweet, crunchy and chewy, and all around delicious!
Table of Contents
Easy Rolo Pretzels Dessert
This rolo pretzels are one of our favorite holiday desserts! They’re the perfect addition to any Christmas dessert board and look great alongside Christmas cookies, toffee, fudge and peppermint bark. You could even make them year round by using the classic rainbow M&M’s.
This recipe and my Christmas crack recipe are the most addicting treats you will make this holiday season and they both require only simple ingredients.
This 3 ingredient rolo pretzel bites treat is so easy to make that the kids can help too! I let my girls help me with unwrapping the Rolo’s and placing them on top of the pretzels, and they did a fantastic job!
These Rolo pretzels really do have everything – chewy caramel, crunchy pretzels, smooth chocolate, and colorful M&M’s! You’ll definitely want to double the batch, because these little treats disappear fast! Super cute and simple right? They would make the perfect addition to your holiday plate!
Why This Recipe Works
- Only 3 ingredients. Made with just pretzels, Rolo candy and M&M’s, these Rolo pretzels are hands down one of the easiest and most addictive holiday treats!
- Quick and easy. Ready in just about 10 minutes and easy enough for the kids to help with.
- Flavor and texture. Crunchy, salty, sweet, caramelly and chewy. These pretzels with Rolo’s have all of the best flavors and textures in just one little bite!
- Festive. The bright red and green M&M’s give this Rolo pretzel recipe the perfect holiday flare!
Only 3 Ingredients
You only need 3 simple ingredients to make these Rolo pretzels. This is literally one of the easiest recipes ever! Find the full printable recipe with specific measurements below.
- Pretzels: Use the square pretzel snaps instead of the twists, so that the melted chocolate doesn’t seep through.
- Rolo’s: These candies have caramel on the inside, with a chocolate exterior. They melt on top of the pretzels and taste delicious!
- M&M’s: A colorful red or green M&M on top is the finishing touch to these delicious treats. Make sure to add the M&M’s right when you take the pretzels out of the oven while the Rolo’s are still warm and melty.
Other Fun Variations
Feel free to swap the M&M’s with pecans to make Rolo pretzel turtles. Or use a Hershey kiss in place of the Rolo to make Christmas pretzel hugs. You can also make these fun Rolo pretzel reindeer by using pretzel twists instead of snaps.
How to Make Rolo Pretzels
Made in less than 15 minutes, this Rolo pretzel recipe is as easy as it gets. Simply preheat the oven, assemble and bake. That’s it!
- Assemble. Lay the pretzel squares out evenly in a single line on your baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Make sure each has a little bit of space in between.
- Add. Then add one Rolo candy on top of each pretzel square.
- Bake. Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake at 250°F for about 3 minutes, or just long enough for the Rolo’s to get soft.
- Top. Remove the pan from the oven and then press a M&M, pretzel or pecan on top of each softened Rolo. Make sure to let them cool completely before enjoying!
- The pretzels don’t need to be in the oven for long, just long enough so that the Rolo’s begin to soften (usually about 3 minutes). If you keep them in any longer, the candy will melt completely and lose it’s shape.
- Press the M&M’s on top immediately after you remove the pretzels from the oven so that it will sink down into the melted chocolate.
- Feel free to add holiday sprinkles on top, or use different colored M&M’s depending on the occasion.
- Let them cool for several hours before storing in an airtight container. Once the chocolate has hardened again, they are ready to store.
A sweet and rich chocolate candy filled with gooey caramel in the center. If you love all things chocolate and caramel, these delicious Rolo’s will be no exception!
Yes, if you have leftover rolo’s you can place them in the freezer for up to 4 months. Pull them out and let them come to room temperature before serving.
Absolutely! Use rainbow M&M’s on these Rolo pretzels to celebrate birthdays or other fun occasions. This recipe also works great on Valentine’s Day, Easter or Halloween using the festive holiday M&M’s!
If you have leftover Rolo candy to use up, try making my favorite Rolo cookies! They’re a delicious version of cake mix cookies and would be a great holiday cookie to take to a cookie exchange.
How to Store Rolo Pretzels
These Rolo pretzel bites will last for up to 2 weeks if stored at room temperature in an air tight container. You can also store in the fridge in a container with a lid and take them out about an hour before serving. If stored in the fridge, these pretzel bites should last for a couple more days.
Rolo Pretzel Sandwich
This is another fun variation that tastes just as delicious. Instead of pressing M&M’s over the softened Rolo’s, you can add another pretzel snap on top to make a Rolo pretzel sandwich.
To decorate them even more, dip half of the pretzel sandwich in melted white chocolate and then top with festive holiday sprinkles. The white chocolate not only adds an extra hint of sweetness, but a fun pop of color.
Have leftover pretzels? Mix them in with Christmas reindeer chow, use as the base for our favorite Christmas crack or to make a buttery pretzel pie crust.
More Easy Holiday TreatsBrowse all
HUNGRY FOR MORE? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all the newest recipes!
- Preheat the oven to 250°F. Place the square pretzels on a baking sheet lined with parchment or foil. Place one Rolo candy on top of each pretzel.
- Place the baking sheet in the preheated oven and bake for 3 minutes, until the Rolo's have softened. Remove from the oven and press a M&M on top (or use another pretzel or pecan instead if desired). Let cool completely.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!
We make these all the time! Sooooo good!
So glad you enjoy them! Thanks for your comment and review, Rory :)
Thank you so much for sharing this amazing rolo pretzel recipe! Will surely have this again! It’s really easy to make and it tasted so delicious! Highly recommended!
So glad you enjoyed it :)
I’ve made these 4 yrs. They’re very smiple 2 make. I’ve used different kinds of candy, al very good. Best of all I like what is called melt aways.(all different flavors.) Try it…u might like it!
I’m so glad to hear you have enjoyed them!
It is super yummy! Thanks for sharing.
I made these for the Penn State University Blue and White football tailgate. I dipped them halfway in white chocolate and added blue sugar sprinkles on top. They look and taste great.
So easy and yummy. MY 4 & 3 year old made them.
So easy and so good!
My family loves these! This is one of my favorite items to make! They are easy to make, my kids help me. These are pure deliciousness! The perfect combination of sweet and salty!
I love that my kids can help me make these too! The perfect salty/sweet combo!
Lovely photos and these look super fun!
These are perfect for gifts or the work holiday party.