A tried and true family favorite recipe that takes just 4 ingredients and 5 minutes to prep! Quick, easy and healthy. This crockpot ranch chicken is so juicy, tender and full of flavor!
These chicken ranch tacos are an easy slow cooker recipe for and are completely addicting. The chicken has so much flavor and is so tender and delicious. You can even freeze leftovers and pull them out for an easy freezer meal on a busy weeknight!
Chicken Ranch Tacos
This shredded chicken taco recipe has to be added to your weeknight dinner rotation ASAP! They’re perfect for Taco Tuesday and are such an easy, quick and healthy meal that’s made with just 4 ingredients. Plus it’s made in the crockpot, so it does all the work for you!
The slow cooker ranch chicken cooks to perfection and is so tender and juicy. The flavor is absolutely addicting…seriously so yummy! It tastes delicious in any taco shell, corn tortilla or flour tortilla. We also love to use it in taco salads, enchiladas, taquitos, sheet pan nachos or even on top of a baked potato. So many delicious possibilities!
4 simple ingredients
One of the things that I love most about these tacos is that they require only 4 ingredients! Check them out below.
- Chicken: Chicken breasts are best to use for this recipe.
- Taco seasoning: Buy a packet from the store or make your own homemade taco seasoning.
- Ranch seasoning: Make sure to use the dry ranch seasoning mix that comes in a packet.
- Garlic: Minced garlic helps kick the flavor up a notch.
How to make slow cooker ranch chicken
- COMBINE. Place chicken in slow cooker and set temperature to low. Whisk together water, taco seasoning, ranch seasoning and garlic in a small bowl, then pour oven chicken.
- COOK. Cover and cook for 4 to 6 hours, or until the chicken is tender and can be easily shredded.
- SHRED. Shred with 2 forks and then drain any excess liquid if needed. Serve in tortilla shells with your favorite toppings.
Tips + variations
- Creamy version: For creamy chicken ranch tacos, you can add an 8 ounce block of cream cheese (don’t add it until the end though). Once the meat has cooked for 4 to 6 hours until tender, shred and add back to crockpot. Add cream cheese block on top, cover and cook for additional 30 minutes. Remove lid, stir until combined and then serve!
- Instant pot method: Add all ingredients to instant pot, then secure lid and seal the valve. Cook on high pressure for 17 minutes. Allow to release naturally for 5 minutes, then do a quick release. Shred chicken, then serve.
- Cut in half. If you want to make a smaller batch, simply cut the recipe in half and cook on low in crockpot until tender.
- Other ways to serve: This chicken also tastes great served over a salad, in a taco bowl with rice, in a burrito or enchiladas or on top of nachos or a baked potato.
This crockpot ranch chicken freezes great! I like to make a big batch and freeze half for leftovers. Then when I’m in a pinch for dinner, I can easily thaw and make whichever Mexican dish I’m craving.
Just place in a zip top bag and squeeze out any air. It will keep in the freezer for about 3 to 4 months. To thaw, place in fridge overnight or set at room temperature for a few hours until no longer frozen. You can also run the bag under warm water for a quicker thawing method.
More slow cooker recipes:
- Slow cooker chicken tinga tacos
- Shredded beef tacos
- Slow cooker carnitas
- Easy crockpot salsa chicken
- Slow cooker pork tacos
Ranch Chicken Tacos
- 6 large chicken breasts
- 3 Tablespoons taco seasoning
- 3 Tablespoons dry ranch seasoning
- 4 cloves garlic , minced (about 2 teaspoons)
- 1/4 cup water
For serving: Tortillas or taco shells, Lettuce, Diced tomatoes, Chopped red onion, Lime wedges, Cilantro lime dressing
- In a slow cooker with temperature set to low, place chicken. In a small bowl, whisk together the water, taco seasoning, ranch seasoning, and garlic. Pour over the chicken.
- Cover and cook 4 to 6 hours, or until the chicken shreds easily.
- Using 2 forks, shred chicken and drain any excess liquid, if needed. Serve in tortilla shells with your favorite toppings.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!