This sheet pan gnocchi is perfect for a last minute dinner or side dish. The gnocchi becomes crispy and the vegetables are roasted to perfection.
Easy 30 minute meal
While recipes like this chicken gnocchi soup are family favorites, I have to say baking gnocchi in the oven may be my newest obsession. It makes the edges crispy and full of flavor. The onions and tomatoes baked along side caramelize and add the perfect flavors.
If you’re looking for a 30 minute meal with only 5 ingredients to stash in your back pocket, this is it! It seriously doesn’t get any easier than this sheet pan gnocchi. It also would make a great side dish to grilled chicken or pretty much any meal.
- Gnocchi: You can find potato gnocchi near the pasta isle in the store.
- Tomatoes: You can use cherry or grape tomatoes for this dish. The tomatoes caramelize as they cook and add the most delicious burst of flavor.
- Peppers: I love adding a mix of bell peppers but you can use one color. You could also swap these out for another vegetable such as mushrooms.
- Onion: You are welcome to leave the onion out if you prefer, however it does add a nice flavor. Feel free to swap the red onion for a sweet onion.
- Pesto: The basil pesto adds the perfect blend of flavors to this recipe. If you don’t have pesto you can always drizzle olive oil and add your favorite herbs on top.
Cooking Tips + Variations
This crispy sheet pan gnocchi with vegetables is completely customizable and a great dish to play with.
- Protein: If you’d like to add in some meat, you can add cubed chicken or chicken sausage slices before baking. You may need a little more pesto to coat the chicken. I would add on 5 additional minutes for cooking as well.
- Vegetables: Feel free to add in different vegetables such as mushroom, butternut squash, broccoli, etc. I wouldn’t add a root vegetable such as a carrot or potato, as those will take longer to cook. I wouldn’t take away the tomatoes, as they add a bit of a sauce as they burst.
- Storage: This recipe will store in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. I wouldn’t recommend freezing.
What goes with sheet pan gnocchi?
Sheet Pan Gnocchi
- 16 ounce potato gnocchi , uncooked
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 2 bell peppers
- 1/2 red onion , sliced
- 1/3 cup pesto , more if needed
- salt and pepper
For serving (optional): Freshly grated parmesan cheese, fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Combine the gnocchi, tomatoes, bell peppers and onion on a half sheet baking pan (18x13).
- Spread the pesto on top of the vegetables and toss until coated. Add more pesto if needed to fully coat. Sprinkle the top with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, tossing half way through. Remove from oven. Add fresh parmesan and basil on top if desired. Serve while warm.