Slow Cooker Seafood Stew – a delicious seafood recipe cooked in a tomato-based broth with potatoes. This stew is comforting and is an easy to make dinner recipe!
Hello there! It’s Katie from The Casual Craftlete here again to share another amazing slow cooker recipe. Don’t you just love how easy and delicious slow cooker meals can be? They are great for busy weeknights and long weekends. This Slow Cooker Seafood Stew is a delicate, rich stew that is easy to prep and is a healthy dinner option. It’s a perfect recipe for spring and summer!
I must admit, here in Southern Illinois we don’t get a lot of fresh seafood unless it’s catfish and bluegill from the Mississippi River. So, eating shellfish is always a treat. The great thing about this slow cooker seafood stew recipe is that you can use frozen shellfish and just thaw it out. That way no matter where you live you can enjoy a delicious seafood recipe.
The tomato-based broth in this seafood stew is so tasty and full of amazing flavors. It’s a great base to start off with in this seafood recipe. Also, I like to use fresh vegetables whenever I can and they are perfect in this slow cooker stew. Prep time for the recipe is very minimal. You will need a few minutes to chop the fresh vegetables and thaw the seafood if you are using frozen shellfish. Other than a few easy steps to get started, that’s pretty much it. You just set it and forget.
For my seafood stew recipe, I am using large shrimp that have been deveined and large scallops. I leave the shells on the shrimp during the cooking process because that’s where a lot of the flavor comes from. Just make sure to remove the shells and tails before eating. You could add lobster and crab if you desire. I recommended using any two pounds of seafood you would like for this stew. The great thing about stew recipes is that you can modify the ingredients to you likes and needs. This recipe is hearty and healthy with all the great fresh vegetables and seafood. A good loaf of crusty bread is what you need for soaking up all that amazing broth. Yum!
Thank you for letting me share my Slow Cooker Seafood Stew recipe with you today! Enjoy!
If you enjoyed this delicious and easy dinner recipe, you’ll enjoy these too!
- Stuffed Bell Peppers with Quinoa
- Slow Cooker Sweet Pork
- Hearty Vegetable Soup
- Slower Cooker with Butternut Squash and Sausage
Slow Cooker Seafood Stew
- 1 can 28 oz crushed tomatoes
- 1 Tablespoon tomato paste
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 pound yellow potatoes cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crush red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 pounds seafood I used 1 pound large shrimp and 1 pound scallops
- handful of chopped parsley
- Add all ingredients except the seafood into a slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours or low for 4-6 hours until potatoes are cooked through.
- Add thawed seafood to slow cooker and return to high heat. Cook 30-60 minutes until seafood is fully cooked.
- Garnish with parsley. Serve hot with crusty bread.