This homemade Fresh Strawberry Pie is made with a flaky crust, cheesecake filling and is bursting with fresh strawberries. One of our favorite Summer desserts!
Strawberry Cream Pie
I’m so excited that berries are back in season! Strawberries and raspberries are definitely some of my favorite fruits, so I love any excuse to bake with them. This strawberry pie that I’m sharing today is the perfect pie for Summer BBQ’s and I’ll even make it for Thanksgiving if I can find fresh strawberries. The bigger and juicer the strawberries, the better! The flaky crust pairs so well with the sweet strawberry flavor and the richness of the cheesecake filling gives it that perfect creamy texture. So next time you pick up ripe strawberries at the store, don’t skip out on making my favorite strawberry pie recipe. It’s SO good!
If you’re in a hurry, you can always use a pre-made pie crust and strawberry glaze. I do love a good graham cracker crust with this strawberry pie as well…it tastes just as delicious! When making the pie recipe, I used all fresh ingredients and the new Dash of That white pie dish and measuring cups found at Kroger. Dash of That is a product line for people who love to cook and entertain using tools that offer modern function and appeal. The line includes high quality cookware, bakeware, prep and serve ware at an accessible price point. Available at Kroger and Fred Meyer/Marketplace stores.
Tips to make this Strawberry Pie extra special
- Use fresh ripe strawberries. You want them to be red and juicy
- For a thicker crust, use my homemade pie crust recipe. I cut it in half.
- For a little extra boost in flavor, add 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract in the cream mixture with the lemon zest.
- Add whipped cream to the top of the strawberry cream pie with a piece of mint for a decorative touch
Love this strawberry pie recipe? You’ll like these other strawberry desserts too:
- Strawberry Shortcake Biscuits
- Brownie Strawberry Trifle
- No Bake Strawberry Icebox Cake
- Strawberry Cheesecake Dip
Strawberry Pie Recipe
- 1 baked pie crust (completely cooled)
- 2 pounds strawberries (washed, hulled and dried)
- 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened (1 block)
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar (divided)
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Zest from 1/2 lemon (optional)
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 ounces strawberry gelatin (1 package)
- Combine the cream cheese and 3/4 cup sugar in a large bowl. Beat until smooth. Add the whipping cream and vanilla and beat on medium-high speed until a peak forms. Add freshly grated lemon zest if desired. Spread onto the bottom of the cooled pie crust.
- Place the strawberries on top of the cream cheese layer. I like to layer two rows of sliced strawberries and one row of whole strawberries, however you could add all sliced to make it easier.
- In a small sauce pan, heat the water, sugar and cornstarch over medium heat. Stir constantly. Once it has come to a boil, cook an additional 1-2 minutes, or until it has become clear and thick. Remove from heat and stir in gelatin. Stir for one minute, or until the gelatin has dissolved. Then pour evenly over the top of the strawberries, making sure they all get coated with the glaze.
- Refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours, or until it has set. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Slice and enjoy!
Hope you enjoy a slice of this strawberry pie! It is one of my family’s favorite Summer treats. DIG IN!
This post is brought to you by Kroger.