From the stovetop to the crockpot, these easy chicken breast recipes prove that this humble protein deserves a place on your table.
Table of Contents
- The Versatility of Chicken Breast
- How to Tell a Chicken Breast is Cooked
- Oven Baked Chicken Breast Recipes
- Stovetop Chicken Breast Dinner Ideas
- One-Pan Recipes
- Crockpot Chicken Breast Recipes
- Grilled Chicken Breast Recipes
- Easy Chicken Breast Recipes Printable Recipe
- The Full List of Chicken Breast Recipes
The Versatility of Chicken Breast
I know chicken breasts sometimes gets overlooked for their more flavorful counterpart, chicken thighs. I, however, think the chicken breast reigns supreme for adaptability. I love how many different ways I can cook a chicken breast and how it absorbs flavor through simple seasoning or in a marinade. Plus, the possibilities are endless for ways to cut, shred, slice or dice it; and I love them all.
I always keep chicken breasts in my freezer for those nights I need a quick dinner, because I know I can make any of these easy chicken breast recipes in the oven, stovetop, crockpot, or grill in a pinch.
How to Tell a Chicken Breast is Cooked
This is an important question and one that really matters when cooking a chicken breast recipe. Undercooked chicken is a big no-no for health reasons, while overcooked chicken breast can be dry and flavorless. Thankfully, there are two surefire ways to know when a chicken breast is cooked.
- Digital thermometer. A chicken breast is cooked when the internal temperature reads 165°F on a digital thermometer inserted in the center.
- Clear juices. When the juice runs clear instead of pink, the chicken breast is ready to eat. Don’t slice the chicken breast into slices, however, until it has a chance to rest properly or it will be dry.
Oven Baked Chicken Breast Recipes
The oven is a great way to bake chicken breast that is stuffed, put in a pastry, covered in a sauce, or rolled up. Since I don’t need to stand over the stove, I have more time to focus on making sides or setting the table.
- Homemade Chicken Pot Pie. Chicken breast is cut into cubes and simmered in a hearty sauce and baked in a flaky crust.
- Easy Oven Baked Chicken Breast. This oven baked chicken breast is made with a simple blend of oil and spices and ready in just 25 minutes.
- Chicken Cordon Bleu. Chicken breasts are rolled and stuffed with Swiss cheese and ham coated in breadcrumbs then baked, not fried, until golden and crispy.
- Baked Chicken Parmesan Recipe. This oven-baked chicken parmesan is a family favorite!
- Spinach and Cream Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast. This stuffed version of an easy oven baked chicken breast is perfect for easy weeknights and fancy dinner parties!
- Creamy Chicken Florentine. Ready in 35 minutes, this tender chicken is smothered in a rich and creamy sauce with tomatoes, spinach, and Parmesan cheese.
- Baked BBQ Chicken. Just takes 2 simple ingredients and only 5 minutes of prep for a delightful and flavorful dinner.
- Sweet and Sour Chicken. This is by far better than any take out.
- Baked Lemon Chicken. The recipe comes together in under 30 minutes and only requires 7 ingredients.
- Pizza Chicken Roll Ups. These addictive roll-ups are stuffed with mozzarella cheese, pepperoni and marinara sauce.
- Baked Teriyaki Chicken Bowl. Cubed chicken breasts are topped with a delicious teriyaki sauce and served with steamed vegetables.
Stovetop Chicken Breast Dinner Ideas
I am a huge fan of quick dinner recipes, especially on busy weeknights, and these stovetop chicken breast recipes make it easy to make a meal.
- Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo. Easily made in under 30 minutes and loaded with Italian flavor!
- Honey Sesame Chicken. Crispy golden chicken bites coated in a sweet and savory sauce made with honey, sesame oil, sesame seeds, and a tangy sauce.
- Parmesan Crusted Chicken. This flavorful parmesan crusted chicken recipe is easy enough for a weeknight dinner but impressive enough to serve guests!
- Chicken Noodle Soup. So simple to make and yet so comforting.
- One Pot Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup. This easy soup is a cross between traditional chicken noodle soup and chicken and rice soup.
- Easy Chicken Tortilla Soup. Always a crowd pleaser and tastes great loaded with cheese, avocado and tortilla chips.
- Chick-fil-A Nuggets Recipe. You’ll never go back to buying the takeout version again.
- Cashew Chicken Lettuce Wraps. A better-than-takeout recipe that the whole family will love.
- Chicken Gyro. The recipe only takes 6 ingredients and 15 minutes of prep to make.
- Bruschetta Chicken. Made with fresh tomatoes, basil, garlic, olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Lemon Chicken Fettuccine. Chicken, sun-dried tomatoes, herbs and a light lemon dressing come together in a quick and easy dinner.
Who has time for cleaning multiple pots and pans? Not me. That is why I love any meal that requires just one pot or pan. These easy chicken breast recipes make it so simple to cook and clean with very little effort.
- Sheet Pan Chicken and Potatoes. Chicken breasts and baby potatoes are tossed in a simple sauce of chicken broth, olive oil, and seasonings.
- One-Pan Balsamic Chicken and Veggies. Enjoy a healthy, delicious and easy chicken breast dinner recipe that’s full of flavor.
- Easy Chicken Marsala Recipe. It’s loaded with flavor and made in one pan in just 30 minutes!
- Panda Express Kung Pao Chicken. A one-skillet dish made of stir fry chicken, veggies, peanuts, and a flavorful heat.
- One Pan Chicken and Apples. It’s a savory fall dinner recipe that is slightly sweet from the apples and cinnamon.
- One Pan Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta. The chicken, pasta and cheese sauce cook together all in one pot, meaning you have just one dish to clean up at the end of your meal.
- One Pot Chicken Parmesan Pasta. This chicken breast recipe is all the best parts of a classic chicken parm made into a 30-minute one-pan meal!
- Sheet Pan Chicken and Veggies. Charred roasted veggies and tender pieces of chicken are seasoned with delicate herbs and spices!
- Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas. This quick dinner only needs 5 ingredients and is ready in just 30 minutes.
Crockpot Chicken Breast Recipes
Is there anything better than dinner that is already ready when it’s time to eat? Most of these easy chicken breast recipes take less than 10 minutes of prep time but taste like you spent all day in the kitchen.
- Easy Crockpot Chicken Fajitas. This easy recipe provides the same delicious flavors, tender strips of chicken, tender-crisp peppers, and onions, but in a simplified version
- Slow Cooker Chicken Tinga Tacos. Tastes just like it came straight from a Mexican restaurant.
- Creamy Crockpot Chicken. Just 4 ingredients to make a delicious weeknight meal.
- Chicken Enchilada Soup. This enchilada soup is one of those easy ‘set it and forget it’ recipes.
- Crockpot White Chicken Chili. Takes just 5 minutes of prep and is great for busy weeknights.
- Easy Crockpot Jambalaya. This hearty dish has chicken, sausage, shrimp, and Creole seasoning.
- Ranch Chicken Tacos. You only need 4 ingredients and 5 minutes of prep for this family-favorite meal.
- Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken. This is one of my favorite crockpot recipes of all time.
- Green Enchilada Chicken Soup. This recipe has everything you love about the classic green chile chicken enchiladas in the form of soup.
- Chicken Vegetable Soup. Fall apart chicken, tender vegetables, and a flavorful broth. What more do you need?
Grilled Chicken Breast Recipes
I love the flavor you get when you grill, and these easy chicken breast recipes are super simple to make and are sure to become your summer staples.
- Greek Chicken Kabobs. Cubed chicken breast is marinated in a zesty Greek sauce before being grilled to perfection.
- Easy Grilled Chicken. Super simple to make and can be cooked along with grilled vegetables, vegetable skewers or grilled corn for a no-fuss meal.
- Pesto Chicken. Chicken breast is grilled with flavorful and creamy pesto sauce.
- Grilled BBQ Chicken Foil Dinner. A quick meal that is ready in less than 30 minutes with very little clean up.
HUNGRY FOR MORE? Subscribe to my newsletter and follow on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all the newest recipes!
Easy Chicken Breast Recipes
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt , plus more to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper , plus more to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish. If you have extra time, brine your chicken (see notes below).
- Place the chicken breasts between 2 pieces of parchment paper or in a zip-top bag. Lightly pound with a mallet or rolling pin until the chicken is an even thickness. I prefer mine about 1-inch thick. Trim any fat and pat dry with a paper towel.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the salt, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, paprika, and pepper. Rub the olive oil over both sides of the chicken and then cover evenly with the seasonings. Place in the baking dish.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for 5 to 10 minutes before slicing to allow the juices to absorb. Do not skip this step or your chicken will not be as juicy. Serve while warm.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!
The Full List of Chicken Breast Recipes
Click on the links below to find the recipes for all of the delicious chicken breast recipes mentioned above.
So many great recipes to choose from! Can’t wait to try them all!
this was the best thing to help me come up with some new dinner ideas for chicken dishes! thank you so much for sharing these