This apple nachos recipe is made with crisp sliced apples topped with melted peanut butter, honey, and a sprinkling of chocolate chips. It takes one of my favorite healthy snack ideas and turns it into a healthy treat!
Apple Peanut Butter Nachos
Apple nachos are a fancy way of saying we’re bringing our crisp juicy apple slices to life! This quick and easy 5-minute snack idea is the perfect fall treat and an anytime snack for after-school, birthday parties, movie nights, and when you need a fun, vegan, or gluten-free way to get some more fresh fruit into your kids!
The peanut butter provides some much-needed protein and good fat to balance out the natural sugars in the apple and honey and the chocolate chips pair well with everything. If you’re looking for a great way to jazz up your fresh fruit platter with minimal effort, this is it!
- Use a variety of apples like Fuji apples, honey crisp, gala, or tart green apples like granny smith.
- Sliced apples are best consumed immediately. If you are preparing them a bit ahead of time, squirt them with lemon juice to keep them from turning brown. Keep in mind they will be slightly sour!
- A big plate of apple nachos is fun for sharing! You can also put sliced apples on individual plates and have everyone pick their toppings.
Favorite Toppings for Apple Nachos
Peanut butter, honey, and chocolate are a classic combination but it’s just one of many. Here are some more topping ideas to make this a healthy snack or a delicious dessert:
- Add hot fudge or chocolate drizzle from melted chocolate instead of or with the peanut butter.
- If you love caramel apples you’ll love caramel sauce on top!
- Swap the honey for maple syrup.
- Sprinkle granola or muesli (Use gluten-free oats to keep it a gluten-free snack).
- Raisins, goji berries, or cranberries (also goes nicely with peanut butter and honey).
- M&Ms – Instead of or along with chocolate chips.
- Coconut flakes, crushed nuts, seeds, hemp hearts, or chia seeds.
- White chocolate chips, semi-sweet, or dark chocolate chips.
- A different kind of nut butter like almond butter.
- Toffee bits, crushed pretzels, or candy bars. Snickers is a fun one because it already has chocolate and peanut butter in it.
- Mini marshmallows or melted marshmallows.
More Healthy Snack Ideas:
- Slice the apples into thin slices, just before ready to serve.
- Line apples on top of a plate. Place peanut butter in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for about 20 seconds.
- Place peanut butter in a zip top bag and snip off the edge. You could also use a spoon. Then drizzle the peanut butter over top. Drizzle the honey on top of the apples and sprinkle the chocolate chips on top. Best served within the hour.
Nutrition provided is an estimate. It will vary based on specific ingredients used.
Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!